z00se

Bigu

WHAT IS BIGU?

The term bigu denotes an advanced qigong state during which the practitioner is able to maintain his or her normal activities without eating or drinking (and sometimes sleeping) for long periods, in some cases for several months and years at a time. This link tells someones story who has stopped eating for some period of time.

http://www.healingdao.com/cgi-bin/articles...mp;articleid=23

I wonder about any long term consequences of this. Maybe your bones will become brittle, or you will have health issues later in life. I think it's good to eat very small amounts but i think people should eat SOMETHING, especially since she said she was doing weight training.

I mean there is mind over matter but there is science too. You can't do just anything because you 'feel' you can do it, you should always consider it analytically too. We have 2 sides of the brain we should use them both. I mean... some young kids really believe they can fly after they watch superman but they still fall off the roof to their deaths.

I think if your practice is making you feel you don't want to eat that can't be good.

Why are the general public unaware of breatharians? Is it because they don't want to talk about their exceptionally healthy life due to not eating food or is it just that they're all dead? :P

If it's true that this bigu state is really possible then they should be teaching qigong to all the people in Africa that have no food instead of sending them a few grains or rice. They have no jobs, they have all day to practice, i'm sure they could become adapt at the practice very quickly and become healthy.

I mean every living thing, animal and plant needs some source of physical food, vitamins minerals and especially water. It seems strange that someone thinks they can not eat and live like the rest of us.

Lol! It has got nothing to do with psychosis but more efficient assimilation and use of food chi. It happens the same with sleep. When you reach an advanced level you require less food and sleep than the average human.

Btw, another thing that I've experienced is the need to eat during Yang hours. Eating during Yin time (especially after 6pm) really messes up my system. This is how I feel about this issue but I can say that the more you advance in this path the less food you require. I am also aware that IMA guys in China eat like birds, they drink heaps of green and pu-erh tea though.

When I tried to go breatharian I did 7 days with no food or water, and I stared straight into the summer sun for hours straight every day. I was like my brain was drinking bliss from the sun through my eyes.

I was naturally very cautious about staring at the sun, as I had never heard of it, its just that every glance sun ward sent an orgasmic surge through my brain. slowly I realised it was not hurting my eyes so i just went with it. My eyes are great by the way.

I followed the nothing fast week with 3 more weeks drinking water and juice and the sun staring slowly diminished.

I stopped after this because Food was just smelling So good! Its amazing how sharp your senses can get...

In the spring of 1989, 20 researches at the Medical Research Institute in Beijing, under the direction of the renowned scientists Prof. Li Yushu, MD and Shen Zhan, conducted a strict scientific trial on bigu-fasting with a voluntarily implementation of low calorie intake of 2 qigong practitioners in the extension of 30 days.

They had lots of volunteers then most pulled out after they heard the stricktness of the test conditions. 2 people left, both lost 5kgs still.

Further details are here.

http://hanlin.hit.bg/bigu_eng.htm

I mean i've felt full from chi before and not had the desire to eat but i still eat something just because common sense tells me i should. If you don't use it you lose it. If you don't digest food you'll lose your digestion abilities. You won't be able to digest things like meat and dairy that have very important nutrients. When you want to eat something you'll only be able to eat soup, even though you've still got a mouth full of teeth left!

This sounds very yang, living only on energy, what about the moist dense yi food should be eaten together with your electromagnetic light!

If you want some temporary spirtual experience then i guess it's ok but if u're after long term health i don't think fasting totally is good. You should at least have some fruit or at the very least some water!

Well Bill Bodri's "Measuring Meditation" gives plenty other examples of people going years without food. Water is different -- depends on how moist the air is. Still Bodri emphasizes this is only the skanda of form and possibly the skanda of sensation. So you still have three skandas left to empty out!

In the spring of 1989, 20 researches at the Medical Research Institute in Beijing, under the direction of the renowned scientists Prof. Li Yushu, MD and Shen Zhan, conducted a strict scientific trial on bigu-fasting with a voluntarily implementation of low calorie intake of 2 qigong practitioners in the extension of 30 days.

They had lots of volunteers then most pulled out after they heard the stricktness of the test conditions. 2 people left, both lost 5kgs still.

Further details are here.

http://hanlin.hit.bg/bigu_eng.htm

I mean i've felt full from chi before and not had the desire to eat but i still eat something just because common sense tells me i should. If you don't use it you lose it. If you don't digest food you'll lose your digestion abilities. You won't be able to digest things like meat and dairy that have very important nutrients. When you want to eat something you'll only be able to eat soup, even though you've still got a mouth full of teeth left!

This sounds very yang, living only on energy, what about the moist dense yi food should be eaten together with your electromagnetic light!

If you want some temporary spirtual experience then i guess it's ok but if u're after long term health i don't think fasting totally is good. You should at least have some fruit or at the very least some water!

and I stared straight into the summer sun for hours straight every day. I was like my brain was drinking bliss from the sun through my eyes....

Well you have to be careful about making this sort of comments without you giving exact details (your personal background in terms of energetics) online because beginners might misintepret this and can seriously and permanently damage their vision.

Sun gazing should be done during sunrise/sunset times and progressively and just briefly. We are trying to stimulate our pineal gland not burn our retinas and therefore impair our normal vision:

The Mill Valley Film Festival showcases movies from all over the world, but it also takes advantage of the extraordinary community of filmmakers in its own backyard. It screens locally as well as globally.

Among the Marin filmmakers this year is Peter Sorcher, a 41-year-old Mill Valley media company founder who's making his festival debut on Oct. 9 and 17 with the world premiere of his documentary, "Eat the Sun."

It's one of the 143 films from 41 countries featured at the 32nd annual festival, which runs Oct. 8 to 18 and opens with "The Boys Are Back," starring Clive Owen, and "Precious: Based on the Book 'Push' by Sapphire," about a girl from Harlem who fights to overcome abuse.

Owen, Uma Thurman, Woody Harrelson and director Jason Reitman will be honored with awards and tributes showcasing their films.

In his first feature-length film, Sorcher follows a 20-something acupuncture student, Mason Dwinell, on his journey into the bizarre, little-known world of sungazers.

Sungazers are people who believe there are health and spiritual benefits from staring into the sun for long periods of time - as long as 44 minutes.

They are disciples of an elderly Indian man, Hira Ratan Manek, aka HRM, who claims to be "solar powered" and contends that he hasn't eaten in eight years.

After meeting Dwinell at a party and hearing his plan to become a sungazer himself, Sorcher was understandably and predictably incredulous, but also intrigued.

"I went into this thinking much like anyone else would, that this is one of the more ridiculous things I've ever heard, that it's absurd," he said. "Most of us go through life believing there are some unshakable universal truths, like if you don't eat you'll die, or if you stare at the sun you'll go blind.

"I was one of those people too and probably still am. But I found that in making this film there are other ways of thinking that don't necessarily coexist with science or with what one might call rational thinking. I now

Peter Sorcher, a 41-year-old Mill Valley filmmaker, is making his festival debut Oct. 9 with the world premiere of 'Eat the Sun,' a feature-length documentary about a young man's journey into the little known world of sungazing

think that the power of belief can lead to extraordinary things. The overriding theme of the film is belief."

Sorcher followed Dwinell as he traveled across the country meeting a colorful cast of fellow sungazers, among them a Hollywood lawyer, a practicing Mormon with five kids, a sungazing ophthalmologist and members of a religious group who believe Jesus was a sungazer.

Dwinell, a former Olympic hopeful in ski jumping and cross-country skiing, found that his goal, to stare at the sun for 44 minutes, had high social and physical costs. His girlfriend broke up with him and he had to explain to people why he hadn't eaten for a month.

At one point, he had his eyes examined at the UCLA's Jules Stein Medical Center. The examination revealed that he had burned his macula, a small and highly sensitive part of the retina that allows people to see detail and perform tasks like reading.

The diagnosis threw Dwinell into a tailspin and threatened to put an end to the film.

Asked if he had any moral or ethical obligation to discourage Dwinell from continuing the documentary when the damage to his eyes became apparent, Sorcher answered, but only after a long and thoughtful pause.

"It wasn't my decision," he said eventually. "I didn't encourage or discourage him. If you have a burn on your macula, of course you're not going to keep looking at the sun. But when he said he was going to stop, I thought, 'Oh, no, there goes our film. I've got nothing now.' Selfishly I felt that immediately. But I gave him my support."

Sorcher said he has no compunction about Dwinell's change of heart and his final decision to keep going with his sight-threatening experiment.

"Ultimately he made his own decision to do something most people wouldn't have done," he said.

(Source: http://www.marinij.com/lifestyles/ci_13457606)

This is how I feel about this issue but I can say that the more you advance in this path the less food you require.

If your body is working perfectly, your not wasting any energy through stress, your mind is empty and not using energy and u spend half your day meditating with your eyes closed, heartbeat low - kind of like you're hibernating - It's obvious that you're not going to eat as much. Especially if your eating very nutritious foods.

But i think someone who stops eating for a long period of time is silly and going to hurt themselves, just like this sun gazing bloke. Despite legends of people rising to heaven etc, etc, we are all still only human and we need to eat and drink.

Many annorexic people say they don't want to eat either, they don't feel hungery. Their brain is telling them they're not hungry... they "feel" that they don't need the food. I think its the same with this BIGU feeling.

Common sense should tell everyone they still need to eat something.

But as i've found.... commonsense is less common that anyone would think.

Well you have to be careful about making this sort of comments without you giving exact details (your personal background in terms of energetics) online because beginners might misintepret this and can seriously and permanently damage their vision.

Thanks Durkhrod, you are absolutly correct. In no way would i recomend looking into the sun. for me it happened naturally under extreme conditions, and even other people who did the same fast did not have this experience. You can in no way 'Make' your eyes be ready for something like this.

I already have a competitive friend who did the same fast, and had heard my experience and wanted to do the same thing. he went blind in one eye. Please note I did tell him how carefull i was in starting to sun gaze as I was really scared of hurting my eye sight, but he threw common sense to the wind and tried to force it.

Sorry, I should have written more on this...

Drew---Merda taurorum animas conturbit

you said

"I have to eat like this because the vagus nerve from the lower body transduces serotonin (bliss) AND anaerobic bacteria up into my brain through a permanent magnetization of my pineal gland."

I think that sounds like a huge load of crap. The Vagus is not limited to the lower body-not by a long shot. It is considered a nerve of the parasympathetic division of the nervous system. It is both sensory and motor. Acetylcholine, NOT serotonin, is the chief neurotransmitter of the parasympathetic nervous system.

Where the hell did you read that the vagus nerve transduces anaerobic bacteria back up into the brain?

and what do you mean 'transduces'? Do you mean:

To convert energy from one form to another; To transfer genetic material from one bacterial cell to another

or

In biophysics, transduction is the conveyance of energy from one electron (a donor) to another (a receptor), at the same time that the class of energy changes.

transduction - The transformation of energy in the environment into the neurochemical signals used by the nervous system. For example, light energy is tranformed by the retina into the neural signals carried by the optic nerve.

That last case involves the suprachiasmatic nucleus.

How is it that you think the anaerobic bacteria are 'transduced'?

You seem to be quite the natural meditator. I think it is so cool when people intuitively just do stuff that are actually fairly advanced meditations. THis woman teaches a sun qigong. It is supposed to make you more intelligent amongst other things:

http://www.drwch.com/

see the yin/yang symbol inside the sun and the ba-gua around the sun

· Learn a special way to look at the sun without hurting your eyes

· See the sun loose the rays of light and become a dark gray, a dark blue and a dark red

· Learn to receive the essence of the sun >the energy that gives all life, the source of all energy

· As the sun's energy fills your body, pushing out all your unhealthy energy

· With practice

· you can see the yin/yang symbol in the sun (see pictures below)

· you can see the ba-gua, lines/diagram, around the yin/yan of the sun (see pictures below)

· Increase your metabolism and energy

· Full of the sun's energy, cravings more easily just fall away

Special benefit: What are the weakest organs in your body?

What colored sun will you see afterward?

When you have completed the qigong and look away from the sun, you will see a colored sun.

The color of the sun you see will reveal the weakest organs of your body,

so you know where you need to send energy and healing.

For example if you see a yellow sun, your spleen and stomach are weak.

If you see a red sun, your heart is weak.

This qigong is both a spiritual practice as well as a way to accelerate the body's metabolism.

The Sun is ultimately what sets the metabolism of all natural creatures, large and small, on planet earth.

By attuning yourself to the inner rhythm of the sun,

you will greatly expand your ability to absorb solar power.

Origin of this Qigong: It is said to have originated from a man who fell into a pit .

He had no food or water for months.

He got so hungry and thirsty he was mouthing in desperation at the sun (like baby birds mouthe).

He learned to eat the sun and was full of life, health and energy.

Finally he was rescued and shared this special qigong with others.

!

wow this was in fact very touching

and not at all too far out..in fact I recognize many of these things in my own experience

but I am not advanced I think

just instinctive and extremely curious

in fact one could say; "rain rain go away come again some other day"

literally

Edited by rain

I mean... some young kids really believe they can fly after they watch superman but they still fall off the roof to their deaths.

If you really believe you can fly, you will just take off straight from the ground and into the sky. If you have to climb on the roof, obviously you do not believe you can fly.

Guest paul walter

So I eat normally but I have to consume massive amounts of antiseptic. First I tried tea tree oil and had some serious bad reactions -- traditionally it's a tea to be ingested but in the West it's considered only external as it is a psychotropic that causes parasympathetic overload. Basically you can't breathe well.

So then I switched to garlic -- on a normal diet -- sugar, meat, etc. I had to eat THREE BULBS OF GARLIC a day -- you can imagine the smell. So then I had to eat tons of greens -- parsley, cilantro -- 2 to 3 bunches a day! haha. I then tried alcohol and had to drink tons of alcohol since it's not a very good antiseptic -- that lasted only a week! haha. Now I drink 3 liquid cups of vinegar a day plus lemon juice.

You do realise this is CRAZY, don't you? Paul.

If you really believe you can fly, you will just take off straight from the ground and into the sky. If you have to climb on the roof, obviously you do not believe you can fly.

They probably tried, its a shame they didn't stop there.

Go to a top hypnotist, ask him to make someone believe they can fly and we'll see if they just take off *vruuuummmmm~* :lol:

This isn't like "Tooth Fairy" with The Rock. <_<