devi

Sifu Jenny Lamb's Upcoming Yi Gong Seminars

Regarding the DVD this is from an email from Sifu Jenny:

"The DVD contents:

1. Ten Essential Qigong Exercises

2. Spontaneous Adjustment Qigong (Yi gong level 1)

3. Opening Channels Exercises

4. Tapping Qigong

5. Strike wall with back

6. The best time to practice

7. Plus extra bonus material

On the DVD is what I teach at my seminars. Of course, having a teacher present is the best option, but you can learn what I teach from the DVD. I also offer retreats. You can see what they include from the description on my website."

Items 6 & 7 were missing the the copy of DVD I got. Does anyone else have those items on their DVD? I really like to know what are the best times to practice according to Jenny Lamb.

Items 6 & 7 were missing the the copy of DVD I got. Does anyone else have those items on their DVD? I really like to know what are the best times to practice according to Jenny Lamb.

yeah, you probably have it as well on your copy, but that part of it is in text. there's a chart of the time of day and the corresponding organs, and there's pages of written information on the DVD.

EDIT:

the list of additional info is on the 2nd page after you hit the 'More Info' button. so if your main screen HAS a 'More Info' button, then chances are, you DO have all the extras. you just gotta read to the bottom and keep clicking.

Edited by Hundun
  • Like 1

anyone here ever take a seminar with Jenny?

I just finished a weekend with her in her home. She lives about 30 miles from me.

She is a treasure. She is full of life, laughs easily, and has a big smile. Loves jokes. She radiates a pure, refined energy. She says it's not from her but from the Divine who is with her always.

I recently said this to my friends and students: "Training with Jenny Lamb was a wonderful experience. Great teacher and such a shining pure light. I am so sore. She really worked us. I will be going back. It is not just the forms that are great it is the presence of a great, divinely inspired teacher that makes it an excellent experience. Jenny says she doesn't give transmission but being in her presence is transmission."

Jenny told us that her gigong was to develop a pure spirit and for spiritual developement. The health benefits are secondary. She said that everything you need to know for enlightenment is in this class.

I can not recommend her highly enough.

She has a wonderful husband and an incredibly intelligent dog whom I call guru Lucy.

It was snowing hard one day and she and her husband made lunch and tea for us because the snow was so deep on the roads.

There were only four people in my class.

If you go, make sure you go with an empty cup. In other words, shut up and train. She is unique.

Jenny says she will not be teaching any more gigong seminars. She almost canceled the one I was just in. If you watch her DVD and practice you can apply to take some of her retreats.

She says she is looking for ten good people to train as healers. She does not certify people to teach her qigong. So if you want to train with her sign up soon because she is inclined to cancel. She is going through a major shift in her life and only wants to work as a healer and train healers from now on. She is done with the martial arts period of her life.

Shaktimama

PS. Jenny was *emphatic* that she and Max does not teach the same thing. No, I didn't question her about it. She says enough about that issue on her website in the FAQs. Don't waste hers and your time asking about it.

I did want to add that she now considers herself a Buddhist and not a Taoist.

Edited by ShaktiMama
  • Like 1

What I love about Spontaneous Self-Adjustment Qigong is the effortlessness. The body knows where it needs movement and adjustment. It certainly use the Taoist Principle of Wu Wei (effortlessness or minimum effort). I wasted too much effort and time on Zen and other slow methods to the enlightenment.
Well, until you reach enlightenment using "yigong" (or know of many others who have), then you really can't compare its speed with other methods. Kriyas are generally just the initial phase of clearing out gross blockages. So, you've likely still got a ways to go...

I'm not saying that it is fast or slow...I'm just saying that I haven't really seen proof of either, yet.. ;)

Edited by vortex

I just finished a weekend with her in her home. She lives about 30 miles from me.

She is a treasure. She is full of life, laughs easily, and has a big smile. Loves jokes. She radiates a pure, refined energy. She says it's not from her but from the Divine who is with her always...

Hi ShaktiMama,

In your view, would Sifu Jenny's practices blend well with the KAP practices? If I wanted to learn her methods from the DVD, but was also doing the KAP work, would it be better to do separate sessions (like do one in the AM and one in the PM), or could they be stacked together or blended in some way? Thanks in advance.

Hi ShaktiMama,

In your view, would Sifu Jenny's practices blend well with the KAP practices? If I wanted to learn her methods from the DVD, but was also doing the KAP work, would it be better to do separate sessions (like do one in the AM and one in the PM), or could they be stacked together or blended in some way? Thanks in advance.

Do I even say this without risking the hounds coming out? :lol:

I was telling Santiago Dobles on the phone Saturday night, who is the director of KAP, that there are a lot of similarities between the two systems. If you have done both you will see them. Some of the similarities are of basic moves like standing stake or bringing down the heavens. Some are not basic moves but are in both systems.

The good teachers that go teach will tell you about the meridians that are affected and so forth. The really good ones will tell you about the esoteric side of the form. The excellent ones draw you into their energy field and impart Divine Wisdom in very subtle ways.

What makes a big difference is who is the teacher, how they relate to ALL THAT IS, and how much juice they carry.

Both Santiago and Jenny both say, Learn one system really well. Jenny says if you learn one system really well there is no real need to go learn another (if enlightenment is your goal). She calls people who do that spiritual shoppers.

Santiago, myself, and Dr. Glenn Morris would say go out and keep learning. Keep what you need and don't spit on the rest.

You would be very industrious to do that many hours of qigong in a day. I once made a similar comment to Sifu Bernard Shannon, who is the head of the International Medical Qigong Institute in Palm Valley. He had taken a group of us to Beijing to study for a couple of weeks with Master Duan Zhi Liang. Which one do I practice of the several systems that I know? He said alternate systems. Like do one form on Mon Wed Friday and then the other system on the other days.

Hope that helps.

s

• Like 1

yeah, you probably have it as well on your copy, but that part of it is in text. there's a chart of the time of day and the corresponding organs, and there's pages of written information on the DVD.

EDIT:

the list of additional info is on the 2nd page after you hit the 'More Info' button. so if your main screen HAS a 'More Info' button, then chances are, you DO have all the extras. you just gotta read to the bottom and keep clicking.

Thanks for your reply. I do not have the "More Info" button on my screen. This may be due to my junky DVD player. Well, I just have to figure some way to get to the info.

Thanks for your reply. I do not have the "More Info" button on my screen. This may be due to my junky DVD player. Well, I just have to figure some way to get to the info.

are you playing it on your computer? if not, try that.

the main menu should have 3 options: Play All, Chapters, and More Info. i imagine that the DVD's are all made from the same master file, so it would be really strange for your copy not to have the button. i purchased my copy literally minutes after she made it available, so i know i have one of the earliest copies. i don't know. *shrugs*

if there really is a defect, i'm sure she will replace it. just make sure is all.

Well, until you reach enlightenment using "yigong" (or know of many others who have), then you really can't compare its speed with other methods. Kriyas are generally just the initial phase of clearing out gross blockages. So, you've likely still got a ways to go...

I'm not saying that it is fast or slow...I'm just saying that I haven't really seen proof of either, yet.. ;)

I know of a few students of Max attaining the Golden Dragon/Phoenix Body with his practice. Max teaches other methods besides the spontaneous practice. I have seen pictures of Kan activating his Golden Dragon Body. Kan is Max most senior student.

What is just as important as the ultimate goal of enlightenment is the side effects of practice - improving health and contentment in daily life. Does it improve your health sitting hours of Vipasana or Zen each day? I did not see much of it for the years I was involved in a Zen Center. When I live at the Zen Center, I saw too much petty dogmatic politicking. Well, that was one center many years ago. There must be better Zen practitioners somewhere.

are you playing it on your computer? if not, try that.

the main menu should have 3 options: Play All, Chapters, and More Info. i imagine that the DVD's are all made from the same master file, so it would be really strange for your copy not to have the button. i purchased my copy literally minutes after she made it available, so i know i have one of the earliest copies. i don't know. *shrugs*

if there really is a defect, i'm sure she will replace it. just make sure is all.

Thanks. I found on my computer. It is there. My DVD player must be real funky. lol

I know of a few students of Max attaining the Golden Dragon/Phoenix Body with his practice. Max teaches other methods besides the spontaneous practice. I have seen pictures of Kan activating his Golden Dragon Body. Kan is Max most senior student.

What is just as important as the ultimate goal of enlightenment is the side effects of practice - improving health and contentment in daily life. Does it improve your health sitting hours of Vipasana or Zen each day? I did not see much of it for the years I was involved in a Zen Center. When I live at the Zen Center, I saw too much petty dogmatic politicking. Well, that was one center many years ago. There must be better Zen practitioners somewhere.

um... :unsure:

i can't comment on the specific center with which you were involved, but you have got some painfully misguided notions about Zen practice. does it improve your health? ABSOLUTELY. it will provide you with a foundation of MENTAL HEALTH that you'd be hard-pressed to achieve outside of a meditation tradition. there IS NO contentment in daily life without it. and likewise, there is not commitment to healthy living without it. i'm not sure if this is your intent, but it would be a bit absurd to criticize meditation from not being a vigorous workout routine. meditation is the DISPOSITION THAT YOU BRING to your workout routine, and to life in general, and it maximizes benefit. surely you learned about Samu while at the center. that is how LIFE ITSELF becomes practice.

i, for one, have no interest in chasing after dragon bodies or engaging in a new age tradition that encourages watching television during practice, rather than deepening one's faithfulness to the moment at hand.(kunlun people- if that recommendation is no longer being used, then i apologize.) the entire universe is this moment, and there is sufficient profundity in this moment such that treating spiritual development as a rat race for attributes misses the point entirely.

if you're looking for what Max has to offer, then you should be with Max or one of his facilitators. personally, i'm allergic to the guy, which is why i'm so grateful to Sifu Jenny Lamb for coming out into the open and offering what she has. but if you expect to genuinely grow, Sifu Jenny doesn't let you opt out of meditation. only an agitated mind would even want to opt out.

i've already saved my space for the 5-day retreat in May. and i will leave a review here, just as i did after meeting with Max, although this time, i'm pretty sure that my review will be positive.

• Like 3

Just to play DA, Kan already had like 20 years of various other qigong and spiritual experience under his belt. So, it's not like his final attainments here just happened overnight or were solely due to Kunlun. There were many other variables in his development.

I've also heard of the few other students claiming some partial dematerialization experiences...but I think these are hard to confirm and I haven't heard of any others lately since..

Meanwhile, there's also some older students who have practiced Kunlun since the 90s who have NOT attained enlightenment or GDB/GPB yet...so I think it's still premature to judge the efficacy of this process until we get more results in.

All that's proven to me about Kunlun so far is that it can certainly induce some very powerful purging and awakening experiences early on...and may possibly eventually lead to some sort of dimensional shifting/dematerialization ability. So, it does do something...but as far as what all exactly and how fast - I think is still rather inconclusive..

Edited by vortex

(kunlun people- if that recommendation is no longer being used, then i apologize.)

I think this was tossed out as a joke of sorts - I've only learned these things right from Max and he's never suggested less than full awareness when doing the exercises. The spontaneous is (~=) Jenny's yi gong and she's always said (from people I've spoken to that have trained with her) that awareness while doing this is very important and its ostensibly not even yi gong if you're doing it mindlessly.

I think this was tossed out as a joke of sorts - I've only learned these things right from Max and he's never suggested less than full awareness when doing the exercises. The spontaneous is (~=) Jenny's yi gong and she's always said (from people I've spoken to that have trained with her) that awareness while doing this is very important and its ostensibly not even yi gong if you're doing it mindlessly.

yeah, that's Sifu Jenny's take, which isn't in dispute in any way. like i said, maybe this is another area where things have changed in max's camp, but watching television during practice certainly wasn't thrown out as a joke a couple of years ago. it was almost held up as proof of the system's superiority because you didn't have to do all that boring, serious stuff. i'll bet Yoda remembers, if he's still around. Cameron, who used to be very active on the board prior to kunlun, stated that Max specifically recommended Ren & Stimpy while doing practice because it would stimulate your childlike laughter and connect you to the bliss. i'm sure there's still some posts lying around that haven't been erased. (Cameron had a thing about erasing his posts.)

here's one:

Max has reccommended watching Ren and Stimpy videos if you have trouble getting your practice going. It's all about letting go and smiling :lol:

but there were a few people here who practiced in front of the TV, on Max's recommendation. things might be a little different now, but it wasn't meant as a joke when it was happening.

you were around in those days, so i know you know what i'm talking about.

hahahaha I totally forgot about that! I just totally dismissed that as...well, poppycock...like most of us around here would. That was emphasis on laughter, childlike mind, taken a bit too far imho. In the kl seminars I went to, he's usually play some galloping tuvan throat jangle that one couldnt help but laugh at the first time you hear it. In that vein, he'd teach a laughter qigong too. Max has definitely refined things since "the ol days of kunlun on TTBs" :lol:

Cameron has been doing great, you guys would be amazed at what the practice has done for him. He's been teaching english in south korea, still practicing all the kl stuff. Unbelievably level headed as compared to back when he was on here, he needed to quiet his mind some and it did him wonders. and I'm pretty sure he hasnt watched tv while doing kl in years :lol:

• Like 1

yeah, that's Sifu Jenny's take, which isn't in dispute in any way. like i said, maybe this is another area where things have changed in max's camp, but watching television during practice certainly wasn't thrown out as a joke a couple of years ago. it was almost held up as proof of the system's superiority because you didn't have to do all that boring, serious stuff. i'll bet Yoda remembers, if he's still around. Cameron, who used to be very active on the board prior to kunlun, stated that Max specifically recommended Ren & Stimpy while doing practice because it would stimulate your childlike laughter and connect you to the bliss. i'm sure there's still some posts lying around that haven't been erased. (Cameron had a thing about erasing his posts.)

here's one:

but there were a few people here who practiced in front of the TV, on Max's recommendation. things might be a little different now, but it wasn't meant as a joke when it was happening.

you were around in those days, so i know you know what i'm talking about.

Form what I remembered from the workshops: It is fine to practice Kunlun with TV on if it helps or if you have no other time. Kunlun movement quite often happens on its own when I was watching musical TV videos. However, TV is not a requirement for Kunlun.

I usually do Red Phoenix meditation with Kunlun - I am not doing Kunlun to avoid meditation. I do not longer do Zen or Vipassana as these practice were too gloomy for me. I have very severe ADHD, too hard for me to sit still for long, so I choose what is easier and more natural for me.

Meditation is good, but the many hours of sitting Zen & Vipassana requires leaves no time for the physical exercise.

Edited by taodancing

Well, Max essentially said that you could do Kunlun 1 to TV or music (using Mongolian music in his workshops) as "training wheels" to distract your mind and get you out of your head. I don't know about TV, but the music actually worked well for most participants (many of whom were meditative n00bs)..

Of course, I think the next level is dispensing of the crutches and just dropping out of your mind on your own...instead of merely distracting it.

I think as you progressed in the system, you would go deeper into stillness and quietude. Level 3 Kunlun is all done while sitting in full-lotus.

All my own personal practice now (including Kunlun) is done in complete Zen-like stillness and silence and I barely have any reactions anymore..

Edited by vortex

Form what I remembered from the workshops: It is fine to practice Kunlun with TV on if it helps or if you have no other time. Kunlun movement quite often happens on its own when I was watching musical TV videos. However, TV is not a requirement for Kunlun.

I usually do Red Phoenix meditation with Kunlun - I am not doing Kunlun to avoid meditation. I do not longer do Zen or Vipassana as these practice were too gloomy for me. I have very severe ADHD, too hard for me to sit still for long, so I choose what is easier and more natural for me.

Meditation is good, but the many hours of sitting Zen & Vipassana requires leaves no time for the physical exercise.

not really sure what you're attempting to clarify here. i made a post responding directly to you, but you're responding to a more general comment i made in communication with joeblast.

i get that TV is not a requirement for kunlun. :huh: not really sure why that needed to be clarified.

but then you're just RE-ITERATING what i've already commented on as being a painfully misguided notion about zen (and vipassana, for that matter). i explained a little bit why i believe that, i mentioned the concept of Samu as BEING zen practice, and as Samu being a step toward LIFE being zen practice. that's NOT just sitting for hours being gloomy.

i'm happy to discuss the matter further, but at least respond to what i've already written, cause you're kind of skipping right past my points and just repeating yourself.

Edited by Hundun

Well, Max essentially said that you could do Kunlun 1 to TV or music (using Mongolian music in his workshops) as "training wheels" to distract your mind and get you out of your head. I don't know about TV, but the music actually worked well for most participants (many of whom were meditative n00bs)..

Of course, I think the next level is dispensing of the crutches and just dropping out of your mind on your own...instead of merely distracting it.

I think as you progressed in the system, you would go deeper into stillness and quietude. Level 3 Kunlun is all done while sitting in full-lotus.

All my own personal practice now (including Kunlun) is done in complete Zen-like stillness and silence and I barely have any reactions anymore..

i get it, but it's also at least in-part what i take issue with. max was all about bliss during the seminars. bliss was the goal. happy feelings. not awareness. so yeah, you can watch TV and get all that cool phenomena going on, but that doesn't interest me.

i don't doubt how your practice has progressed. i just wasn't a fan of the teacher is all. but i don't really have any hard feelings about Max anymore. i know it's hard to tell when this type of thing comes up, but it's true. but what i won't allow to happen on my watch is for the practitioners of Kunlun to re-write the history of what took place. it's great that the school has changed and that things are more together, but let's not pretend that the past was anything other than what it was. there has been a learning curve, and there's no shame in that. but let's not pretend otherwise.

of course, vortex, this isn't directed at you. just in general.

Sifu Jenny's way speaks to me. people looking for max's way should go to max. that was my original point to taodancing, anyway.

i get it, but it's also at least in-part what i take issue with. max was all about bliss during the seminars. bliss was the goal. happy feelings. not awareness. so yeah, you can watch TV and get all that cool phenomena going on, but that doesn't interest me.

i don't doubt how your practice has progressed. i just wasn't a fan of the teacher is all. but i don't really have any hard feelings about Max anymore. i know it's hard to tell when this type of thing comes up, but it's true. but what i won't allow to happen on my watch is for the practitioners of Kunlun to re-write the history of what took place. it's great that the school has changed and that things are more together, but let's not pretend that the past was anything other than what it was. there has been a learning curve, and there's no shame in that. but let's not pretend otherwise.

of course, vortex, this isn't directed at you. just in general.

Sifu Jenny's way speaks to me. people looking for max's way should go to max. that was my original point to taodancing, anyway.

I agree, bliss was used as one of the more attractive selling points to lure in more seekers. (Nothing wrong with that, btw.) Awareness simply is not as appealing to the masses.

But bliss is not actually one of the goals of Kunlun. In fact, many ended up experiencing more detoxing and emotional purging than bliss, lol...

I think Max did a good job of kickstarting a shytload of people on the path who otherwise might not have ever reached that tipping point on their own. And whether they just stuck with Kunlun or explored other routes after - I'm guessing most probably integrated more traditional teachings in their practice eventually regardless..

All good points, btw. And I've actually always enjoyed your voice of sobriety and tireless dedication to keeping it real in here. Thumbs up, buddy! B)

Edited by vortex

i've already saved my space for the 5-day retreat in May. and i will leave a review here, just as i did after meeting with Max, although this time, i'm pretty sure that my review will be positive.

I had given my deposit for that retreat too. Now I can't go. Too many co-workers are having surgery that month and I have to cover.

s