goldisheavy

Interesting and gritty interview with a Tibetan monk

I agree... unbanning gold is another excellent idea, imo. He's rough around the edges but that's just his nature. People get their feathers all ruffled here way too easily..
Well, I think telling people f*** them with personal insults & vague threats of physical violence...is clearly against the board policy & uncalled for here. As Mal said, any reasonable person would get their feathers ruffled (or more) from that.

But that does not appear to be his normal nature exhibited here.

I think a short break could actually do GIH some good. Because he is the one ultimately hurt the most by his extreme anger here. That will enlarge, inflame & damage his liver...drain his kidneys...maybe overexcite his heart. Anytime we get overemotional about an issue, it means we are projecting a related inner issue of our own on it. I hope he takes this break as an opportunity to excavate that out and be able to debate more dispassionately when he returns.

Edited by vortex

Guest paul walter

Well, I think telling people f*** them with personal insults & vague threats of physical violence...is clearly against the board policy & uncalled for here. As Mal said, any reasonable person would get their feathers ruffled (or more) from that.

But that does not appear to be his normal nature exhibited here.

I think a short break could actually do GIH some good. Because he is the one ultimately hurt the most by his extreme anger here. That will enlarge, inflame & damage his liver...drain his kidneys...maybe overexcite his heart. Anytime we get overemotional about an issue, it means we are projecting a related inner issue of our own on it. I hope he takes this break as an opportunity to excavate that out and be able to debate more dispassionately when he returns.

Hi Vortex--my liver (and fierce sense of justice) has been wanting to say this for a week to yourself: you are the most dangerous, stupidest, self-obsessed arsehole I think I've seen on TTB-and that says something. sorry for the extra work moderators-I'll take whatever you dish out, Paul.

Hi Vortex--my liver (and fierce sense of justice) has been wanting to say this for a week to yourself: you are the most dangerous, stupidest, self-obsessed arsehole I think I've seen on TTB-and that says something. sorry for the extra work moderators-I'll take whatever you dish out, Paul.

Come down off the fence Paul and say what you really think.

:lol:

It absolutely says something. You're right.

Have you ever tried Byron Katie's method of self-inquiry?

Katie summarizes The Work as: "Judge your neighbor, write it down. Ask four questions, turn it around."

first one identifies a belief or thought related to a topic that causes anxiety or unhappiness. Initially one is encouraged to choose something which feels important, which annoys or troubles you, that someone else does or did

the thought is literally turned around to its opposite. For example: "My mother never loved me" turns around to "My mother always loved me." Then one sees if they can find ways that this new thought is equally true, or more true, than the original thought.

The turnaround also takes the form of turning the statement around to oneself: "I never loved my mother," or "I never loved myself."

Often, what annoys us most about others is what annoys us (or others) about ourselves. It is often our own flaws in others that infuriate us the most about them.

So play around with your angry accusations and turn them back on yourself to cleverly use others as a mirror for your own shadows.

Do dangerous thinking, stupidity & self-obsession "resonate" with & particularly annoy the h*** out of you in others? Well, then just remember that you only resonate with things of the same natural frequency...

At this point, you can either choose to keep resonating with these qualities wherever they're found...or change your own natural frequency. The former will just keep destroying your liver...while the latter won't eliminate those qualities in the world at large - but you will at least stop resonating with & attracting them. That's the route I will be choosing for myself here.

Otherwise, if you can't play nice...may be time you stepped out of the sandbox too..

Namaste :)

Edited by vortex

Hi Vortex--my liver (and fierce sense of justice) has been wanting to say this for a week to yourself: you are the most dangerous *etc* I think I've seen on TTB-and that says something.

Wow :mellow: what is going on in this thread :unsure:

• Like 1

Basically, Vortex violated west/east coast idealist tenet #82.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/03/05/82-hating-corporations/

Lmao!

Well, I sure feel like a Black man at a Klan rally in this thread! :lol::ninja:

Lynching is extrajudicial punishment carried out by a mob, usually by hanging in order to intimidate, control, or otherwise manipulate a population of people, however large or small. It is related to other means of social control that arise in communities, such as charivari, riding the rail, and tarring and feathering. Lynchings were more frequent in times of social and economic tension, and often were means by the politically dominant population to oppress social challengers.
"Git a rope!"
“We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.”
Unfortunately, I don't respond well to peer pressure or mob psychology... If you want to change my mind - prove it to me with facts or logical debate. Don't just call me mean names. :rolleyes: Edited by vortex

i]Unfortunately, I don't respond well to peer pressure or mob psychology... If you want to change my mind - prove it to me with facts or logical debate.

And thats what makes you so dangerous :)

• Like 1

Hehe, indeed.. :D America relies primarily upon firm (vs hard) forms of censorship & mind control & embraces white lies & PC BS artists. Honesty is considered ruthless, uncouth & mean. This cultural norm is what works for the vast majority of the population. That's why they'll prefer an MLK over a Malcolm X & an Obama over a Ron Paul. And the remaining few who do not succumb to these norms are branded dangerous "terrorists." Ironic as I wasn't the one hurling ad hominem insults & threats of violence here... Social ostracization is often the price for heretical honesty & factual sobriety - and enough to ward off most.

So, why did this thread get so volatile & arouse so much anger. I decided to consult the I Ching for some insight why?

Why is everyone losing their temper on the capitalism/communism thread?

The present is embodied in Hexagram 60 - Chieh (Limitation): There will be progress and attainment, but if the regulations prescribed be severe and difficult, they cannot be permanent.

The fourth line, divided, shows its subject quietly and naturally attentive to all regulations. There will be progress and success.

The topmost line, divided, shows its subject enacting regulations severe and difficult. Even with firmness and correctness there will be evil. But though there will be cause for repentance, it will by and by disappear.

The situation is shifting, and Yang (the active masculine force) is gaining ground.

The future is embodied in Hexagram 10 - Lu (Treading Carefully): One treads on the tail of a tiger, which does not bite him. There will be progress and success.

The things most apparent, those above and in front, are embodied by the upper trigram K'an (Water), which is transforming into Chi'en (Heaven). As part of this process, danger and the unknown are giving way to strength and creativity.

The things least apparent, those below and behind, are embodied by the lower trigram Tui (Lake), which represents joy, pleasure, and attraction.

Some interesting comments...maybe with the right, firm, temporary regulations...this thread will turn positive in the end? Edited by vortex

Guest paul walter

Yes, thelerner, yes, hence my reaction to vortex. I try not to get entangled in civilised discussions with vortices since spiralling madness and/or the death of what one has learnt through observation and hard lessons are likely to follow. Paul.

Tangled Indeed.

I used to get hot and flustered occasionally at posts and people. So much of that is ego talking- wanting to be right, show off how clever I is.

For the last year or three I try to state my truth (knowing its mine, not the Universes) once or twice and move on. Leave the arguing to the youngsters who still have the fire for it and maybe need to get it out of their system.

Michael

Of course printing this pretty much guarantees I'll launch into ill fated rant within a few days. Thus is life. :)

ahh yes of course. How did i miss this excellent point? the Amish are perfect examples of the way an average american lives. this group represents a large cross section of the diversity inherent in our society... wake up homie. :lol:
The Amish are paragons of Old World conservatism. Their lifestyles actually embody many of the aspects idealized by some in this thread. (Which ironically, our culture may slowly be coming back full-circle to again after sliding into the abyss off the slippery slope of liberalism.)

They get up at 4 AM!

They maintain close-knit family ties & community

They run small, local Mom & Pop stores where the whole family pitches in together

They enjoy their work & lead with humility

They don't watch TV (mass propaganda)

They live off-grid on self-sustainable farms

They rely upon a good old-fashioned work ethic, not government welfare

5 year success rate for new American businesses: 37% to 50%

5 year success rate for new Amish businesses: 95%

Like cultivation, I think in the end results (gong fu) still boil down to diligent time & sincere effort. Liberal red herrings like "diversity" are simply not going to compensate for this foundation, if it is missing. I mean, the Amish are about as undiverse as you can get - yet their new businesses have a 95% success rate!

These people have low crime, healthy lifestyles, small carbon footprints & entrepreneurial success. Isn't this what "progressive" politics is supposed to be promoting? So, why aren't they upheld as a model lifestyle for mainstream Americans to follow? Don't they represent the real changes that we need to make to get ourselves out of debt & back on track? Getting back to our roots as humans?

But instead, they get marginalized as a bunch of wacky oddballs...as we keep looking for quick fixes, wealth redistribution, financial shell games & magic bullets to solve our own self-destructive choices & pop culture. It's like a vicious, downward spiral...that we refuse to reverse course in.

Edited by vortex

The Amish are paragons of Old World conservatism. Their lifestyles actually embody many of the aspects idealized by some in this thread. (Which ironically, our culture may slowly be coming back full-circle to again after sliding into the abyss off the slippery slope of liberalism.)

They get up at 4 AM!

They maintain close-knit family ties & community

They run small, local Mom & Pop stores where the whole family pitches in together

They enjoy their work & lead with humility

They don't watch TV (mass propaganda)

They live off-grid on self-sustainable farms

They rely upon a good old-fashioned work ethic, not government welfare

5 year success rate for new American businesses: 37% to 50%

5 year success rate for new Amish businesses: 95%

Like cultivation, I think in the end results (gong fu) still boil down to diligent time & sincere effort. Liberal red herrings like "diversity" are simply not going to compensate for this foundation, if it is missing. I mean, the Amish are about as undiverse as you can get - yet their new businesses have a 95% success rate!

These people have low crime, healthy lifestyles, small carbon footprints & entrepreneurial success. Isn't this what "progressive" politics is supposed to be promoting? So, why aren't they upheld as a model lifestyle for mainstream Americans to follow? Don't they represent the real changes that we need to make to get ourselves out of debt & back on track? Getting back to our roots as humans?

But instead, they get marginalized as a bunch of wacky oddballs...as we keep looking for quick fixes, weatlh redistribution, financial shell games & magic bullets to solve our own self-destructive choices & pop culture. It's like a vicious, downward spiral...that we refuse to reverse course in.

Vortex, are you feeling bored?

Guest paul walter

Tangled Indeed.

I used to get hot and flustered occasionally at posts and people. So much of that is ego talking- wanting to be right, show off how clever I is.

For the last year or three I try to state my truth (knowing its mine, not the Universes) once or twice and move on. Leave the arguing to the youngsters who still have the fire for it and maybe need to get it out of their system.

Michael

Of course printing this pretty much guarantees I'll launch into ill fated rant within a few days. Thus is life. :)

:D I can hold my tongue when needed (most of the time in 'my' culture) but the more I read of vortex the more I could see what Shostakovitch "saw" when he looked back on the progress of the twentieth century: "...corpses, mountains of corpses".

Edited by paul walter

Shostakovitch was right, the 20th century was bloody almost beyond belief. But you have to look wider then that. Many many great things happening too and continue to happen.

Stare too long at the abyss and you hurt your spirit. Ignore it and you lack perspective and reality.

Michael

Speaking of reality I was just listening to an Podcast called 'Stuff you Missed in History Class', light, short 20 minute, informative, without being stuffy. They have an interesting show called 'What really happened at Kent State'. They cover things from several sides, from who was in the crowd? Who made up the Guard, Who was shot, why.. No definitive answers, but enough depth to flesh out the human dimension.

Speaking of reality I was just listening to an Podcast called 'Stuff you Missed in History Class', light, short 20 minute, informative, without being stuffy. They have an interesting show called 'What really happened at Kent State'. They cover things from several sides, from who was in the crowd? Who made up the Guard, Who was shot, why.. No definitive answers, but enough depth to flesh out the human dimension.
Got a link to that?

This is a great series about Quigley, Rhodes & the NWO agenda underlying collectivism. G. Edward Griffin (author of The Creature from Jekyll Island) talks about them simply taking over groups to control the masses using the herd mentality & peer pressure. And employing all the other textbook NW0 tactics to manipulate public opinion & slowly gain global control.

In part 4, he even says:

They don't really have a name anymore, they took this hat that said "Communist" on the front of it, and they turn it around and the other side it said "Social Democrat." No, that's different, isn't it? But you notice the heads, under the hat, we're the same! They didn't change the heads...
The British Empire's endgame of global domination using secret societies, meetings, & bankers is also explained starting at 7:00 (of part 4).
What are these basic policies? The creation of the New World 0rder, based on the model of collectivism. That's it. Everything else is secondary. As long as you're moving, moving constantly in that same direction. That's the same basic policy that they demand from all candidates and the 2 major political parties. (6:58)

Basically, here's how it works:

1) The secret societies state the aims & give out the orders.

2) Invite-only elite clubs like the CFR take those orders & pass them down to social leaders in all their spheres of influence (government, media, academia). Who then control all the institutions under them using legislation & peer pressure. They pre-write legislation that they then task their members to pass.

Obamacare is about 2400 pages long! How the F*** do you think that was written so quickly just "overnight?" Answer: It wasn't. It must have been written over a long span years in advance...and Obama was tasked to sell it to the American sheeple & pass it once he got into office.

3) The 2-party system is a false duality used to divide & conquer the American sheeple. When it comes to the NW0, both stand united against all opposition.

4) True anti-NW0 grass-roots movements like the Ron Paul Revolution, the Tea Party or militias are seen as grave threats to both parties that must either be quickly discredited or hijacked before they gain widespread momentum.

Edited by vortex

This is a great series about Quigley, Rhodes & the NWO agenda underlying collectivism. G. Edward Griffin (author of The Creature from Jekyll Island) talks about them simply taking over groups to control the masses using the herd mentality & peer pressure. And employing all the other textbook NW0 tactics to manipulate public opinion & slowly gain global control.

In part 4, he even says:The British Empire's endgame of global domination using secret societies, meetings, & bankers is also explained starting at 7:00 (of part 4).

Thanks Vortex - I particularly enjoyed the bit about the English being the master race ... and that the whole world should be subject to the British Empire ... makes a lot of sense to me ...

Got a link to that?

In part 4, he even says:The British Empire's endgame of global domination using secret societies, meetings, & bankers is also explained starting at 7:00 (of part 4).

Basically, here's how it works:

1) The secret societies state the aims & give out the orders.

2) Invite-only elite clubs like the CFR take those orders & pass them down to social leaders in all their spheres of influence (government, media, academia). Who then control all the institutions under them using legislation & peer pressure. They pre-write legislation that they then task their members to pass.

Obamacare is about 2400 pages long! How the F*** do you think that was written so quickly just "overnight?" Answer: It wasn't. It must have been written over a long span years in advance...and Obama was tasked to sell it to the American sheeple & pass it once he got into office.

3) The 2-party system is a false duality used to divide & conquer the American sheeple. When it comes to the NW0, both stand united against all opposition.

4) True anti-NW0 grass-roots movements like the Ron Paul Revolution, the Tea Party or militias are seen as grave threats to both parties that must either be quickly discredited or hijacked before they gain widespread momentum.

Wow, this stuff is what you believe to be the reality behind whats happening and has happened in the world? Really??

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

"Stare too long at the abyss and you hurt your spirit. Ignore it and you lack perspective and reality."

THIS!

I often wonder with conspiracies... is all of this stuff really dictated by some man behind a mask (or secret society) or is it really just a chaotic pattern of human nature taking on a seemingly order structure....? 'specially with things like "use of peer pressure" to control the masses... I think anyone with kids could see allot of the tactics of "secret societies" emerge naturally in the playground over time... on the other hand maybe it is all true, I dunno...

I often wonder with conspiracies... is all of this stuff really dictated by some man behind a mask (or secret society) or is it really just a chaotic pattern of human nature taking on a seemingly order structure....? 'specially with things like "use of peer pressure" to control the masses... I think anyone with kids could see allot of the tactics of "secret societies" emerge naturally in the playground over time... on the other hand maybe it is all true, I dunno...

My vote (most of the time) is 'chaotic pattern of human nature'. What some see as Illuminati forces at work, for example trying to take over the Middle East, can really be about an insecure son trying to one up his Dad, biasing himself toward evidence that supports his almost unconscious need. That is a conspiracy in its own way, but the roots are simpler and more pathetic then a grand unified scheme.

I find the people most invested in the conspiracy camps (& I have several friends who are) tend to be poor predictors of the future. I think its because they read history through too simplistic a lense. Like religious fundamentalists the reason for big events is because THEY planned it and THEY did it.

Without investigating and weighing all the elements at work, they miss pieces of the big picture.

Michael

Without investigating and weighing all the elements at work, they miss pieces of the big picture.

Michael

I'm married to a conspiracy camper, I also fly RC helicopters.

My wife, upset at the money I've spent one day says to me "you buy into this hobby because they are all so phalic (a diatribe of how subliminal messages in advertsing - an apparently industrial design follows ).... look at it! It's a penis with propellers!"

unsure.gif

I challenged her to investigatebiggrin.gif .

After great consideration and persuasion I found her to be correct... now a piece of the big picture includes an arrangement where she gets to spend as much at Tiffany's as I do on my heli's... (although I may have to have her fact check her inital investigation once and a while)

Sorry off topicblush.gif

Even if a conspiracy is just child playground antics on a larger scale, well, most people are living out problems and issues they've had developing since they were children anyway.

"...look at it! It's a penis with propellers!"

:P

This is so funny! And it would be one funny looking penis :blink:

Not everything that is aerodynamic has to be phallic.

Cure: buy her a bunch of open flower-petaled jewelry at Tiffany's ;-)

Back to topic. I looked at that "Quigley" video and it was hilarious. See the old folks in the home? Not really paying attention (or knitting or falling asleep during it?) It looked more like "performance art" to me than anything else.

But I think his definition of "conspiracy" was excellent, as well as his explanation for why people would get involved in such. According to him, many have done so without direct knowledge of the organisation they are getting into.

Ever been part of a club? A professional association or order? Even on TTB's it seems we look at certain teachers more than others because they're here. We take recommendations about products or techniques. I've bought, read or done a few things that have directly impacted my life, behavior and my health as a direct result of being on here. So is it then a conspiracy on the part of Sean and the moderators because of the ultimate goal of TTB's?

I sometimes wonder if by not following certain paths (that perhaps lead to being part of such "conspiracies") that I have stolen the opportunity from myself to do anything about them. That's the main thing that annoys me about conspiracies, that I'm not part of the "right" one :ninja: