Eric Yudelove

Beginng Taoist Yoga- The Crystal Ball

The crystal ball has long been associated with Taoism, Taoist Yoga and Fung Shui and continues to do so. For instance:

The Yoga Journal - Jan. 1985 - states: "The "Eight Heavenly Gates" sect of Taoism keeps only a crystal ball and a mirror on its altar."

On Sunday, March 29, 2009, The China Post reported:

"Crystal ball to blame for rare fire at Taoist temple

NANTOU, Taiwan -- A Taoist temple in Luku Township in the central county of Nantou recently witnessed a rare fire triggered by a crystal ball placed at the gate of the temple, but the fire was extinguished soon without causing any major disaster.

Lin Hsien-wen, owner of the Taoist temple, said that he had placed the crystal ball beside the gate of the temple for almost two months, and didn't expect it to trigger a fire on the rugs. Lin has since relocated the crystal ball to the inside of the temple."

Crystal balls have long been used in Fung Shui primarily for cleansing and energizing purposes.

As far as Taoist Yoga is concerned, Charles Luk states in his "Taoist Yoga":

"The whole body is negative(yin) except for the 2 eyes which are positive(yang). It is due to this small amount of positive yang in the eyes that man is not overwhelmed by the negative yin. This positive yang should be used at the beginning of alchemical training to root out all latent ailments that have accumulated in the body.

You can use a hypnotist's crystal ball for your practice in the morning and evening. First sit in meditative posture until your mind is settled and then place a crystal ball in front of you in such a position that it is neither to close nor too far neither too high or too low but in line with the spot between the eyes. After gazing at the ball for some time tears will flow; they are saline and smelly and are the residue of (inner) combustion similar to tears caused by feelings and emotions such as sadness, etc. After employing this "Shifting Fire'to remove latent ailments, you should immediately use "Slow Fire to sooth the pupils which otherwise may be injured by the heat. (NOTE- Shifting Fire also called Quick Fire is very rapid Abdominal Breathing used to quickly increase internal heat. Slow Fire also called Calming Fire is slow abdominal breathing. Quick Fire helps to get the tears to flow). This Slow Fire is called Calming Fire whose charactheristic is to cause immobilization.You should use it by closing the eyes completely and concentrating on the spot between them in order to drive the breath back to the lower tan t'ien (under the navel)... While doing this your tongue should plug the heavenly pool in the palate."

This practice is similar to "Getting the Tear Out" in my "100 Days" book.

The crystal balls being discussed here are quartz crystal balls not glass. These balls should be clear or almost clear. Generally the larger the ball the better, but this is not always the rule.

I've been collecting Quartz crystal balls for many years and I find that it is now virtually impossible to find really clear balls, most are a mass of internal fractures which render them somewhat useless. However, upon recently checking I found that flawless crystal balls are being exported from China(where else?) made from fused pieces of quartz. I find them to have the same qualities as naturally occuring quartz that are carved and polished into ball shapes. These crystal balls are available online and are pretty inexpensive. The largest sold is a perfect 8 inch diameter that costs about $90 + shipping(If you could find a ball like this made from naturally occurring quartz, it's price would be literally astronomical. The largest known flawless crystal ball is in the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, DC, it is 12.9 inches in diameter, I was stunned the 1st time I saw it, it seemed to suck me right inside it.) Smaller balls are alot cheaper. I would recommend at least 4 inches. Check around on Ebay.com, prices vary alot.

Glass crystal balls can work well for skrying but they lack the energy of quartz crstal, which seems to come "alive" when properly used. Crystal balls are tools par excellance for concentration and meditation, aside from any magickal purposes.

I urge you to try using a quartz crystal ball. It is part of the Taoist tradition.

MESY

Edited by Eric Yudelove

Who was your master who taught you "Taoist yoga" of Taoist Master Chao Pi Ch'en?

This book is full of oral only metaphors. Only those who are ready can even come close to understanding it. Do you have this oral transmission? Are you giving their secrets away, which they warn sternly not to do? What is the Taoist alchemical formula that all beginners are taught first, if you are going to teach this. "Crystal ball" is not "beginning Taoist yoga". Readers should proceed with extreme caution.

PS a lot of crazy thing have been associated with Taoism since its inception over 5000 years ago. Buyer beware.

Is this a test?

Hey I have no problem with you or me or anyone else giving their opinions on taoism. But when you present your opinions as "the gospel truth of a master" it gets my attention, given its my 30 year long religion and all, including memorizing every word in that book. But before that book came many others that a beginner should read and a master would first say to a beginner. Would not Taoist adept be more apt? A Taoist Master like Chao Pi Ch'en is an extreme, and I for one would like to keep this rare phenomenon as such. Actually, I wish you were a Chao Pi Ch'en! :lol:

I have been teaching beginning Taoist Yoga on TaoBums for awhile now. This is just a new thread. Two of my books were partially based on the teachings of Chao Pi Ch'en.

What I post here is just my opinion not gospel. What is your problem with use of the crystal ball?

I seem to have struck some nerve in you. What "secrets" do you think I'm revealing? The book itself states that this practice should be used at the beginning of alchemical training.

Taoism is just my way of life not my religion. I've been at it since 1971.

Master Eric Steven Yudelove

"Quick and flow fires are postnatal heat used to cure illnesses and prolong life and also to unite the sun with the moon."

Would you kindly explain this sentence in an easily understandable manner so that we can all understand it.

Thank You,

MESY

I thought that was your job? :

Quick Fire and Slow Fire were already described in my 1st post on this thread. The Sun and the Moon are the left eye and the right eye respectively.

MESY

http://www.telegraph...nd-ironing.html

"Let's just do the O2 and we'll see what happens from there," Page said in a recent interview. "I haven't got a crystal ball here and nor have you."

Focus!

Zeppelin 2010

Peace, Love, and Rock and Roll

Dear Sifusufi:

Did I ever tell you that I saw Zeppelin during their 1st US tour at the Boston Tea Party. I was in my 2nd year of Law School and the ticket cost $3.50. All the English bands used to come to the Tea Party mid-week to warm up before playing at the Fillmore East in NY. I saw Page with the Yardbirds there twice and once at Queens College. I was there when he came to NYC to negociate the price for an original 1st edition of Aleister Crowley's 10 volume "Equinox".In his early days he was the Grand Sorceror of the Magick Guitar.

About the Boston Tea Party concert, Wikipedia says:

"In one famous concert, Led Zeppelin's final of four nights performed at the Boston Tea Party, the band played for more than four hours with only one album worth of material. As Jones explained:

We played four nights at The Tea Party, and by then we had an hour and a half's music to play; we played four and a half hours on the last night - we played the act twice, and then did everybody else's act with Who, Rolling Stones and Beatles numbers. Peter hugged us at the end of the gig, picked all four of us up at once. We knew we were actually going to make it."

MESY

PS If you had a crystal ball, you would have known this.

Edited by Eric Yudelove

So...Cindy and I picked one out today! 40-50 mm I guess about a kilo of "rutilated quartz" or "sagenite", popularly known as Venus-hair stone.

Drove up to Antioch to Sacred Earth on a day trip. The owner said this type helps w/ physical healing whereas the amythist is more for spiritual meditation type practice.

Peace,

Roberto

Not actual size or photo but a close approximation anyway

post-53655-127458865031_thumb.jpg

Dear Sifusufi:

Did I ever tell you that I saw Zeppelin during their 1st US tour at the Boston Tea Party. I was in my 2nd year of Law School and the ticket cost $3.50. All the English bands used to come to the Tea Party mid-week to warm up before playing at the Fillmore East in NY. I saw Page with the Yardbirds there twice and once at Queens College. I was there when he came to NYC to negociate the price for an original 1st edition of Aleister Crowley's 10 volume "Equinox".In his early days he was the Grand Sorceror of the Magick Guitar.

About the Boston Tea Party concert, Wikipedia says:

"In one famous concert, Led Zeppelin's final of four nights performed at the Boston Tea Party, the band played for more than four hours with only one album worth of material. As Jones explained:

We played four nights at The Tea Party, and by then we had an hour and a half's music to play; we played four and a half hours on the last night - we played the act twice, and then did everybody else's act with Who, Rolling Stones and Beatles numbers. Peter hugged us at the end of the gig, picked all four of us up at once. We knew we were actually going to make it."

MESY

Were you on drugs?

Don't be ashamed.

Edited by fizix

The crystal ball has long been associated with Taoism, Taoist Yoga and Fung Shui and continues to do so. For instance:

The Yoga Journal - Jan. 1985 - states: "The "Eight Heavenly Gates" sect of Taoism keeps only a crystal ball and a mirror on its altar."

On Sunday, March 29, 2009, The China Post reported:

"Crystal ball to blame for rare fire at Taoist temple

NANTOU, Taiwan -- A Taoist temple in Luku Township in the central county of Nantou recently witnessed a rare fire triggered by a crystal ball placed at the gate of the temple, but the fire was extinguished soon without causing any major disaster.

Lin Hsien-wen, owner of the Taoist temple, said that he had placed the crystal ball beside the gate of the temple for almost two months, and didn't expect it to trigger a fire on the rugs. Lin has since relocated the crystal ball to the inside of the temple."

Crystal balls have long been used in Fung Shui primarily for cleansing and energizing purposes.

As far as Taoist Yoga is concerned, Charles Luk states in his "Taoist Yoga":

"The whole body is negative(yin) except for the 2 eyes which are positive(yang). It is due to this small amount of positive yang in the eyes that man is not overwhelmed by the negative yin. This positive yang should be used at the beginning of alchemical training to root out all latent ailments that have accumulated in the body.

You can use a hypnotist's crystal ball for your practice in the morning and evening. First sit in meditative posture until your mind is settled and then place a crystal ball in front of you in such a position that it is neither to close nor too far neither too high or too low but in line with the spot between the eyes. After gazing at the ball for some time tears will flow; they are saline and smelly and are the residue of (inner) combustion similar to tears caused by feelings and emotions such as sadness, etc. After employing this "Shifting Fire'to remove latent ailments, you should immediately use "Slow Fire to sooth the pupils which otherwise may be injured by the heat. (NOTE- Shifting Fire also called Quick Fire is very rapid Abdominal Breathing used to quickly increase internal heat. Slow Fire also called Calming Fire is slow abdominal breathing. Quick Fire helps to get the tears to flow). This Slow Fire is called Calming Fire whose charactheristic is to cause immobilization.You should use it by closing the eyes completely and concentrating on the spot between them in order to drive the breath back to the lower tan t'ien (under the navel)... While doing this your tongue should plug the heavenly pool in the palate."

This practice is similar to "Getting the Tear Out" in my "100 Days" book.

The crystal balls being discussed here are quartz crystal balls not glass. These balls should be clear or almost clear. Generally the larger the ball the better, but this is not always the rule.

I've been collecting Quartz crystal balls for many years and I find that it is now virtually impossible to find really clear balls, most are a mass of internal fractures which render them somewhat useless. However, upon recently checking I found that flawless crystal balls are being exported from China(where else?) made from fused pieces of quartz. I find them to have the same qualities as naturally occuring quartz that are carved and polished into ball shapes. These crystal balls are available online and are pretty inexpensive. The largest sold is a perfect 8 inch diameter that costs about $90 + shipping(If you could find a ball like this made from naturally occurring quartz, it's price would be literally astronomical. The largest known flawless crystal ball is in the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, DC, it is 12.9 inches in diameter, I was stunned the 1st time I saw it, it seemed to suck me right inside it.) Smaller balls are alot cheaper. I would recommend at least 4 inches. Check around on Ebay.com, prices vary alot.

Glass crystal balls can work well for skrying but they lack the energy of quartz crstal, which seems to come "alive" when properly used. Crystal balls are tools par excellance for concentration and meditation, aside from any magickal purposes.

I urge you to try using a quartz crystal ball. It is part of the Taoist tradition.

MESY

amazing thread!! thank you!! i knew there was a reason i was drawn to crystal balls.. in your research, have you come across any correlation with this particular practice combined with baoding exercise balls?

Were you on drugs?

Don't be ashamed.

I was totally straight. I was already a big fan of Jimmy Page from his work with the Yardbirds & if truth be known I liked the Yardbirds even better than Zeppelin, their lead singer, Keith Relf, was a gifted blues harmonica player-great riffs- and that has always been my instrument. I've been playing them since ever since I heard John Lennon play one on "I'm a Loser", back around 1964.

I was in my 2nd year of law school when I saw Zeppelin & Flower Power had passed me by.

Edited by Eric Yudelove

So...Cindy and I picked one out today! 40-50 mm I guess about a kilo of "rutilated quartz" or "sagenite", popularly known as Venus-hair stone.

Drove up to Antioch to Sacred Earth on a day trip. The owner said this type helps w/ physical healing whereas the amythist is more for spiritual meditation type practice.

Peace,

Roberto

Not actual size or photo but a close approximation anyway

Very Nice!

The crystal ball on the right in my photo with my 1st post here is rutilated quartz.

I have used this ball alot and have had some amazing results with it. The rutile helps you to find points deep inside the ball to focus on rather than keep your consciousness on the surface. This can initially be more difficult with a clear crystal ball.

Have fun and if you have any questions ask.

MESY

amazing thread!! thank you!! i knew there was a reason i was drawn to crystal balls.. in your research, have you come across any correlation with this particular practice combined with baoding exercise balls?

No to your question.

But I am thrilled that this thread has been helpful in uncovering your true nature.

Eric Yudelove

amazing thread!! thank you!! i knew there was a reason i was drawn to crystal balls.

Here's something amazing, a 300mm - 12 inch - quartz crystal ball on my hexagonal dining room table in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. This is an extraordinarily healing stone with great positive energy.

MESY

Edited by Eric Yudelove

Here's something amazing, a 300mm - 12 inch - quartz crystal ball on my hexagonal dining room table in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. This is an extraordinarily healing stone with great positive energy.

MESY

Alright!

I did a seasalt cleansing last night under fullmoon light.

My wife and I just walked in from a crisp eve under the moon out on the deck where the newly named

sphere is current-ly charging (pun-no pun) .

Thanks for the serious photo (you can say badazz here right?)

Hemi-spherically speaking,

Rob