Sign in to follow this  
Sloppy Zhang

I am LORD

So I was out doing some qigong today, when I noticed this constantly tingling in my finger. At first I ignored it, then I looked down and see this HUMONGOUS FLY just sitting on my pinky finger. So I flick it away, it flies off, then promptly reattaches itself to my other hand <_<

So after a good 15 secondss and a nuclear explosion amount of qi thoroughly dispersed, the fly is finally shooed away.

Then I think, "wow, I totally just threw all my qi out of whack getting so worked up. Next time it happens, I should just, let go, one with nature and everything..." so I keep going, and sure enough, Mr. (or maybe Miss??? :wub: ) fly lands on the back of my hand.

So I think, "let go let go let go.... ah, I'm building my qi powa!!!"..... then it starts walking up my arm.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH I just couldn't do it. Had to shoo that thing away 3 times in total, and on my walk back, I felt it firmly attached to the back of my calf..... -_-

So, what do you guys do about unwanted animal visitors that just can't seem to stay away from you during qigong practice? Any problems with flies, ants, cockroaches, cute little puppies, nice sized tigers, antelopes, elephants, birds, or any other member of the animal kingdom?

How to deal with, or is it just something you have to.... deal with? :P

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

:D How interesting!

You are lucky all you had to 'deal' with was a fly, albeit a good-sized one. Imagine what the forest monks of South-east Asia have to contend with, having to spend part of their lives in the forests over there in their makeshift huts? Leeches, snakes, scorpions, mosquitoes, centipedes, snails, millipedes, giant spiders, eh, you get the picture...

I remember visiting a friend years ago who lived in a house built on stilts, on the fringe of a large coconut grove. As he was a Muslim, it was respectful to leave shoes at the foot of the steps before ascending into the house. After a nice lunch of curry, it came time to bid farewell, so down the steps i went to get into my shoes. Slipped on one shoe, all was well... slipped into the other, and jeepers creepers, felt something slithery there! Reflexes took over, and just kicked the shoe up and away into the air! As it went flying and tumbling, out popped a little wrigley snake about a foot and a half long, somersaulting its way to the ground! Not sure who was more traumatized! :blush: Good thing neither my shoe nor the snake was hurt in this embarrassing drama hehe... Cant say the same about my pride though, as some of the neighbors' kids who witnessed the 'show' all screamed and laughed delightfully. I wonder why, it sure was not funny at that moment. :lol:

It's interesting...when I practice outside, insects seem to land on my problem areas. Maybe they are helping you...

There are days when I am practicing in the living room and squirrels or the occasional rabbit will stop by and watch for a while through the picture window. Much less drama involved...

It's interesting...when I practice outside, insects seem to land on my problem areas. Maybe they are helping you...

Well I am planning to start working on the energy gates in the hands and fingers, and I've always had tight calves so..... maybe.

Or maybe they land on problem areas because they know that's where my awareness is weakest and they'll know they won't be discovered :ninja:

Either way, they're very perceptive little bugs :P

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

So I was out doing some qigong today, when I noticed this constantly tingling in my finger. At first I ignored it, then I looked down and see this HUMONGOUS FLY just sitting on my pinky finger. So I flick it away, it flies off, then promptly reattaches itself to my other hand <_<

So after a good 15 secondss and a nuclear explosion amount of qi thoroughly dispersed, the fly is finally shooed away.

Then I think, "wow, I totally just threw all my qi out of whack getting so worked up. Next time it happens, I should just, let go, one with nature and everything..." so I keep going, and sure enough, Mr. (or maybe Miss??? :wub: ) fly lands on the back of my hand.

So I think, "let go let go let go.... ah, I'm building my qi powa!!!"..... then it starts walking up my arm.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH I just couldn't do it. Had to shoo that thing away 3 times in total, and on my walk back, I felt it firmly attached to the back of my calf..... -_-

So, what do you guys do about unwanted animal visitors that just can't seem to stay away from you during qigong practice? Any problems with flies, ants, cockroaches, cute little puppies, nice sized tigers, antelopes, elephants, birds, or any other member of the animal kingdom?

How to deal with, or is it just something you have to.... deal with? :P

There is a Buddhist practice of offering yourself to the hungry demons for consumption. It's meant to cut down attachment to one's false identity. A variant of that practice is offering of your body to insects. Wear shorts and otherwise as little clothing as possible. Sit on the grass. Meditate. Let insects crawl all over you. If they decide to eat or bite you, give them your body. Offer it.

After this, insects, and many other things, will not bother you.

Disclaiming: your personal safety or sanity is not guaranteed. But then again, that's not the point, is it?

If you can't do this yet, memorize this practice and do it when you get old and have little to lose anyway. When you're 70 or 80 or whatever age, and you feel you're about to kick the bucket anyway, then do this practice.

Edited by goldisheavy

Enter a deep meditative state...become one with the fly...see through it's kaleidoscopic eyes...

"Help me, help me!!!"

Edited by Dainin

There is a Buddhist practice of offering yourself to the hungry demons for consumption. It's meant to cut down attachment to one's false identity. A variant of that practice is offering of your body to insects. Wear shorts and otherwise as little clothing as possible. Sit on the grass. Meditate. Let insects crawl all over you. If they decide to eat or bite you, give them your body. Offer it.

After this, insects, and many other things, will not bother you.

Disclaiming: your personal safety or sanity is not guaranteed. But then again, that's not the point, is it?

If you can't do this yet, memorize this practice and do it when you get old and have little to lose anyway. When you're 70 or 80 or whatever age, and you feel you're about to kick the bucket anyway, then do this practice.

Perhaps I'll try that with a fly.

Maybe not with a giant man eating spider....

But perhaps a fly.

:lol: :lol:

Either way, they're very perceptive little bugs :P

It could just be a natural thing...you know, insects tend to go near diseased areas of land (swamps, etc). Our bodies are natural too, so it is just a micro of the macro. More or less.

Edited by Scotty

Oh man too many flies can be so tingling .

I do depend how i feel sometimes brush them away,sometimes go do something else .and sometimes i stay meditate and dont mind - if im having meditation mood .

Sign in to follow this