3L3VAT3

Burning Monk

He must have somehow relieved his soul of his body after he lit himself on fire and just watched calmly from a distance close buy as his shell whithered away. That or he was there all the way.

However you look at it, it is truly remarkable.

WORD UP!! I don't need to see chi balls flying through brick walls... i'm sold that meditation/spirituality works!!

What he did was externally symbolic of the internal process, of inner "fire" purifying the spirit through willpower.

This action revealed a major aspect of the spiritual path for everyone who has looked at it, in a deep part of their being.

It truly would take a soulless person to look at it and honestly say that it doesn't move them in some way. Even those who don't consciously recognize the significance of the act have been changed deep within.

I personally believe in prolonging one's own life, but bow out of love and respect to him.

The nepalese so-called Buddha Boy also burst into flames after prolongued meditation. The Google video doesn't show that specific event but it was witnessed by people who were present. This instance is different (pyrokinesis) as it wasn't provoked but it is a siddhi and it shows a very high level of attainment.

Any updates on Buddha Boy's whereabouts?

All the best to him and his journey.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

The nepalese so-called Buddha Boy also burst into flames after prolongued meditation. The Google video doesn't show that specific event but it was witnessed by people who were present. This instance is different (pyrokinesis) as it wasn't provoked but it is a siddhi and it shows a very high level of attainment.

Any updates on Buddha Boy's whereabouts?

All the best to him and his journey.

Hm how I found out about him was, when in middle school I'd grow my hair out alot, and 2 came up with a picture and were like "HEY HEY WE FOUND YOU!!!" and gave me the picture of him meditating under a tree. Anyway was funny.. I only recently discovered more about him, when I described him to a friend which pointed me in the right direction.

Very cool though =)

Sorry, just because Wikipedia says that his heart was intact despite cremation does not mean this actually occurred. Prove that. Where is your B.S. O'meter? For this kind of claim, there needs to be trustable, independent verification. Smells strongly of 'Urban Legend' to me. Can you provide more verification than a Wiki article that can be authored by anybody?

Sorry, just because Wikipedia says that his heart was intact despite cremation does not mean this actually occurred. Prove that. Where is your B.S. O'meter? For this kind of claim, there needs to be trustable, independent verification. Smells strongly of 'Urban Legend' to me. Can you provide more verification than a Wiki article that can be authored by anybody?

What? You mean the internet may be less than 100% accurate? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

:)

no , but seriously though; i just added the part about the heart as an extra... i dont care if nothing was left... it's still CRAZY IMPRESSIVE!!!!!

The heart part could be total Buddhist propoganda but still doesn't change anything.

What is true is that monks/nuns who have attained a high level leave behind pearl-like crystals after cremation. In Asian tradition they are called "sariras."

You can read some info in here:

http://patann27.tripod.com/

What is true is that monks/nuns who have attained a high level leave behind pearl-like crystals after cremation. In Asian tradition they are called "sariras."

You can read some info in here:

http://patann27.tripod.com/

Hm I've heard of this in books. Also people leaving rainbows of every color