leo17

Am I doing something different or wrong?

Hello all. As I stated in my introduction post, I learned about different energies intuitively but I still have some questions in regards to energy what one should feel when they are meditating (I didn't start doing it until recently)

My first experience with yang qi happened when I was 8 years old. I shot energy from my index fingertip from 3 feet away that left a burn mark in one of the walls at my first house. All I remember is that my fingertip felt very hot afterwards. I didn't feel that kind of heat coming from my body again until recently when I began seriously meditating. Only now my upper belly feels hot...not painful in the list, but it feels very warm as though I had just had a hot drink. I DO like drinking hot tea, but the warming sensation I get from drinking tea lasts only an hour or so. The warming sensation I get from meditation lasts all day. It's only then that when breathe deeply that I screw up any bit of machinery I come in contact with...

Why is this happening?? Am I doing something wrong or different from those of you who have experience with yang qi? Do you have any suggestions for me?

Edited--I am not sure whether it makes a difference to mention that I experienced an orgasm during the more recent meditations...

Edited by leo17

Hello all. As I stated in my introduction post, I learned about different energies intuitively but I still have some questions in regards to energy what one should feel when they are meditating (I didn't start doing it until recently)

My first experience with yang qi happened when I was 8 years old. I shot energy from my index fingertip from 3 feet away that left a burn mark in one of the walls at my first house. All I remember is that my fingertip felt very hot afterwards. I didn't feel that kind of heat coming from my body again until recently when I began seriously meditating. Only now my upper belly feels hot...not painful in the list, but it feels very warm as though I had just had a hot drink. I DO like drinking hot tea, but the warming sensation I get from drinking tea lasts only an hour or so. The warming sensation I get from meditation lasts all day. It's only then that when breathe deeply that I screw up any bit of machinery I come in contact with...

Why is this happening?? Am I doing something wrong or different from those of you who have experience with yang qi? Do you have any suggestions for me?

Edited--I am not sure whether it makes a difference to mention that I experienced an orgasm during the more recent meditations...

leo, there are humans who have many different capabilities naturally because of previous life cultivation. For you because you have this natural ability... to me can only mean that in a previous life you spent time in cultivation as a monk or taoist. for someone to have this ability at such a young age, means you spent

much time in meditation. there are many they say who have chosen to be reborn here during

this major awakening period. You should look into a guy called John Chang on youtube.

when you meditate, yang qi naturally develops. How old are you now?

leo, there are humans who have many different capabilities naturally because of previous life cultivation. For you because you have this natural ability... to me can only mean that in a previous life you spent time in cultivation as a monk or taoist. for someone to have this ability at such a young age, means you spent

much time in meditation. there are many they say who have chosen to be reborn here during

this major awakening period. You should look into a guy called John Chang on youtube.

when you meditate, yang qi naturally develops. How old are you now?

I see. I'm now 24.

I'm not sure about rebirth, but my family uses some form of energy manipulation. My mom can see the afterlife and know when someone is going to die (although I think she's not fully aware of it), my brother was unusually strong from birth and by the time he was 3 he could move the furniture in the house. I don't know about the rest of my family, though.

I see. I'm now 24.

I'm not sure about rebirth, but my family uses some form of energy manipulation. My mom can see the afterlife and know when someone is going to die (although I think she's not fully aware of it), my brother was unusually strong from birth and by the time he was 3 he could move the furniture in the house. I don't know about the rest of my family, though.

It just means that in a previous life, your mom also cultivated and meditated. I see this with

tibetan families all the time. They have a riponche and then the son or daughter is someone

reborn into the family. That son or daughter was also a meditator or cultivator. This is part

of the good karma they say. There is one guy who can stick metal on his chest like

a magnet. His son can do the same thing. This is electomagnetic forces in our body. You

only get it if you cultivated in a previous life. They say you carry forth your obtainments, but

amnesia is required.

John Chang describes in his book that Yin Qi is required for Qi to cover any distance; Yang Qi is the force but the Yin is the medium it moves through. If you touch something, you can use Yang Qi alone. If you want that Yang Qi to cover any distance, then you need Yin Qi. That is a rough description based on my read. Also, you mention you mom seeing the spirit world; J. Chang also says this is Yin Qi which allows that. So I see a common issue in what your describing. It may be that you cannot control certain aspects of what is going on inside. You mentioned an orgasm but didn't mention any accompanying 'mess'. There are daoist sexual practices written up by Mantak Chia which talks about semen storage (instead of coming out it goes up the body, etc). You can certain read about it but I have not heard of it when flying solo. But it may be another indication that you cannot control what's going on inside.

Concerning the Yin Qi issues I mentioned, I would recommend you talk to your mom. She has something which is as close to what you are able to experience although in different applications. You might try to see what she feels and sense and how it 'works' for her.

My comments about John Chang's comments are just passing along what I understood about his lineage teaching. It may not be true for your situation but it falls into place with what I read.

Edited by dawei

Hi Leo,

You again describe something which was in John Chang's book; moving an object towards one. So I have no doubt in your experiences. Not sure if you've seen the movie, "Push". A boy discovers at a young age he has some powers but cannot control it and doesn't understand it; eventually he "get's it"... I think with time you will figure this out but you may need the guidance of someone who can help you understand the energetic aspect going on inside you.

In his book, Chang describes he is from a lineage of 72 levels; he is at around 48(?) but says that once one gets past level 4, they have the power to do certain things. Honestly, it sounds like you have level 4 by some default. He describes the ability to control Yang Qi and Yin Qi; one can alter their relative strengths to do certain things. He demonstrates Yang Qi by holding a ping pong ball and says it will illuminate inside; then to demonstrate Yin Qi catches a pellet bullet in his hand without deforming it. But I think meditation is important but I am not sure the kind of meditation you do since many people have different ideas about it and some don't even do it with energetic ideas or methods.

My main point of the examples is simply to help you maybe try and discern what is going on inside when you do certain things. As my qigong master would say about Yang Qi and Yin Qi, "feel the difference in texture". It may be all mental at first. Or, as my Tai Ji master (and acupuncturist) often says, "feel what is going on inside", since the slow movements and weight shifting are meant to be Yin to Yang and Yang to Yin (sometimes called the insubstantial and the substantial). I guess Yoda would say, "feel the force". So, may the force be with you.

Hi Leo,

You again describe something which was in John Chang's book; moving an object towards one. So I have no doubt in your experiences. Not sure if you've seen the movie, "Push". A boy discovers at a young age he has some powers but cannot control it and doesn't understand it; eventually he "get's it"... I think with time you will figure this out but you may need the guidance of someone who can help you understand the energetic aspect going on inside you.

In his book, Chang describes he is from a lineage of 72 levels; he is at around 48(?) but says that once one gets past level 4, they have the power to do certain things. Honestly, it sounds like you have level 4 by some default. He describes the ability to control Yang Qi and Yin Qi; one can alter their relative strengths to do certain things. He demonstrates Yang Qi by holding a ping pong ball and says it will illuminate inside; then to demonstrate Yin Qi catches a pellet bullet in his hand without deforming it. But I think meditation is important but I am not sure the kind of meditation you do since many people have different ideas about it and some don't even do it with energetic ideas or methods.

My main point of the examples is simply to help you maybe try and discern what is going on inside when you do certain things. As my qigong master would say about Yang Qi and Yin Qi, "feel the difference in texture". It may be all mental at first. Or, as my Tai Ji master (and acupuncturist) often says, "feel what is going on inside", since the slow movements and weight shifting are meant to be Yin to Yang and Yang to Yin (sometimes called the insubstantial and the substantial). I guess Yoda would say, "feel the force". So, may the force be with you.

I have that book too--The Magus of Java. If I understood correctly Yang Qi can easily move through any materials except for insulated & synthetic ones. For example when John levitated in the hotel room he could only rise up a few inches and only for a few moments. Had the floor not been synthetic he'd have risen more or sustained levitation longer. So maybe the effect of Qi can also be contingent on the material it's applied to? I mean that's what I got from reading that part.

I have that book too--The Magus of Java. If I understood correctly Yang Qi can easily move through any materials except for insulated & synthetic ones. For example when John levitated in the hotel room he could only rise up a few inches and only for a few moments. Had the floor not been synthetic he'd have risen more or sustained levitation longer. So maybe the effect of Qi can also be contingent on the material it's applied to? I mean that's what I got from reading that part.

Remember I said that Yang Qi provides the power but Yin Qi provides the movement (ie: spacial issues). Thus, it is Yin Qi which is interfered with in regards to synthetic material. I found this out myself some years ago whenever I did qigong on a carpet (let's say doing some practice in bedroom). It really bothered me but I could not describe or know what or why. After I read John's book it was a light bulb went on; the carpet was interfering with my Qi movement to root outward from my feet. I felt like I was trying to push through something I did not sense in other locations. Based on John's comments, it is the Yin Qi which is affected when space is involved. In my case, my feet would feel like they are burning up. So I don't doubt that there may be some Yang Qi interference but I don't think John explicitly mentions that.

Again, this is my understanding based on John's book and my experience. Whether it affects you exactly the same, I cannot say but I think it safe to start off with how John explains it till experience shows you differently.

Well, I believe that yang qi cannot move off the body through thin air unless it has yin qi as a some sort of "carrier."

That's why in the MoPai Level 2 test - JC must be present to project his yin qi into the testing area so that the yang qi of the student can extend off his body into it.

Yin qi is also what is impeded by synthetic materials. Hence, JC could not levitate that far off the hotel floor - due to the synthetic carpeting.

The one thing in that book that still confuses me though is whether yin qi attracts or repels yang qi? It seems that they repel each other within the body and so have to be forced together to form the Taiji in Level 4. Yet, it also seemed that JC used yin qi to attract yang qi in the Level 2 test. So, I still don't understand which exactly it is here? Anyone know? :wacko:

The one thing in that book that still confuses me though is whether yin qi attracts or repels yang qi? It seems that they repel each other within the body and so have to be forced together to form the Taiji in Level 4. Yet, it also seemed that JC used yin qi to attract yang qi in the Level 2 test. So, I still don't understand which exactly it is here? Anyone know? :wacko:

In my opinion, they follow the polarity rule; like attracts and opposites repel. If you build up a charge in both hands and bring this Yang Qi close together, you will feel a resistance between your hands; some use the phrase 'qi ball' to describe since you can rotate your hands around (in a ball motion) and feel the pressure constant.

But I honestly don't think it's just that simple. Meaning, one can apply Yang Qi to another or pull it off of them. But I have to think that the Qi automatically adjusts (ie: turns more Yin to attract Yang) based on our intention even if we're not aware of such adjustments. I think what JC has achieved is the ability to control this adjustment exactly as he wants.

Here's an excerpt from the book:

When we are finished with Level Three, we send our yang down to the hui yin. There it gathers as much yin as we have sent down yang. After a time, maybe even months or years, yin and yang rise together like this. The white circle is the yang and the black the yin. They float around in side the body, and the pain is incredible, constant, unbelievable. Only if you have the discipline to ignore it can you control them and put their power inside your dantien. At that point, they become squeezed together and take this shape, like the t'ai chi symbol.

yin-yang-math-geometry.jpg

If you are successful by forcing the two together, you also force them to react. Remember, they are not like electrical poles; they do not attract each other, but repel. This is how the spark, the lightning bolt between the two is generated, and you begin to become as I am.

And on the next page:

"Can you show us what yin and yang are like, individually?" Andreas asked.

"Yes. Touch my hand." John extended his arm, and Andreas touched his fingers with his own. John sent a burst of ch'i to his fingertips; immediately Andreas pulled his hand back as it had been burned. I had suffered the same display many times in the past.

"Hot isn't it?" John laughed.

"So when you demonstrate by setting a newspaper on fire, it's yang ch'i that you send down to it?"

"Yes."

"And what is the yin ch'i like?"

"The yin is passive. It can only follow, never lead. It can absorb energy but never initiate motion. You know the rites where people walk on coals and such things? When people walk on coals, it is yin ch'i that they are using. Sometimes it is the yin of their own bodies, sometimes it is the yin ch'i of spirits. The yin absorbs the yang of the fire."

He then proceeds to pass yin onto Kosta and Andreas by touching them. Kosta described the feeling as feeling "full". "I could feel my belly distending and my bladder being squeezed; I wanted to pee. There was no other sensation; no cold, no rush of energy, no electrical discharge, nothing. Just the feeling of fullness."

My understanding is that they will always repel each other in the dantien but you can use one (yang) to manipulate the other to get different effects. Both can be passed through touch but only yin can be passed through space like you said.

My understanding is that they will always repel each other in the dantien but you can use one (yang) to manipulate the other to get different effects. Both can be passed through touch but only yin can be passed through space like you said.

The only issue I see is that JC describes a very specific teaching which has 72 levels; Level 4 he describes this merging of Yin and Yang and he also describes it as 'prepare to die' if you even try this. But your experience is different, based on what you have shared, which is good since life is full of variation. You may have some Yin aspect which did not require his 4 level approach; you didn't go through some practice to force the merging.

It will be interesting to hear how you describe what you learn about these two energies mixing and merging.

Hm, you don't have to look to mo pai to be strong.

leo17 do research on a path that "most" interests you and continue that, you already have a head start.

Thanks for the advice. I've kept a small diary about it over the last few years but there aren't many entries. There were times when I'd forget how to trigger the power and occasionally I still do. So I guess I'll be writing about it more often to make sure I don't forget.

If you are successful by forcing the two together, you also force them to react. Remember, they are not like electrical poles; they do not attract each other, but repel.

"The yin is passive. It can only follow, never lead.

"I 'helped them a bit,' as you say. During the test I myself generate yin qi and act as an opposite pole by standing next to the packs. This induces their yang qi to extend over to my yin, and that action allows them to move the cigarette packs. The test is really to see how much yang qi the student has in him." - p 81

"You gather both yin and yang, because the two always go together, struggling, one always trying to complement the other." - p 104

Hmm...you see what I mean?

They are not like opposite electrical poles - they repel.

I generate yin qi like an opposite pole - to "attract" their yang qi over.

Yet yin qi can never lead, only follow.

Huuuhh???

Do these not all sound like contradictory statements? Am I the only one thoroughly confused here..? :wacko:

So, which the f*** is it - do they attract or repel each other???! :lol:

Edited by vortex

Hmm...you see what I mean?

They are not like opposite electrical poles - they repel.

I generate yin qi like an opposite pole - to "attract" their yang qi over.

Yet yin qi can never lead, only follow.

Huuuhh???

Do these not all sound like contradictory statements? Am I the only one thoroughly confused here..? :wacko:

So, which the f*** is it - do they attract or repel each other???! :lol:

My understanding is that they repel eachother inside the dantien. Outside the dantien they coexist with one another. So maybe there's something in the dantien that causes them to react like that?

My understanding is that they repel eachother inside the dantien. Outside the dantien they coexist with one another. So maybe there's something in the dantien that causes them to react like that?

Hm ya know, that actually makes alot of sense. Thanks.