ralis

TTB Reputation System?

The senseless banning of Raymond Walter for his "cheerleader" comment should be enough for anyone who values free speech to carefully question such actions!

What did he say anyway? Lest thee be banned... or maybe that's my secret plan!!?? Muahahahaha!! :lol:

• Like 1

What did he say anyway? Lest thee be banned... or maybe that's my secret plan!!?? Muahahahaha!! :lol:

He called someone on the forum a cheerleader for defending a certain point of view. There is a thread on tech support discussing this.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/15260-raymond-wolters-temporary-suspension-from-posting/

Edited by ralis

Obviously, you failed to carefully read my previous posts. The senseless banning of Raymond Walter for his "cheerleader" comment should be enough for anyone who values free speech to carefully question such actions!

Questioning always welcome. It may be of interest that, from my perspective, it was far from "senseless" and it had the desired effect. As did your suspension BTW.

Plus the continued debate also serves a purpose ;)

Questioning always welcome. It may be of interest that, from my perspective, it was far from "senseless" and it had the desired effect. As did your suspension BTW.

Plus the continued debate also serves a purpose ;)

Exactly, what effect did it accomplish? What was your perspective on the matter? In terms of questioning your motives for banning me, you never once answered my PM's. Do you view yourself as one with absolute authority here?

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

It allowed me (/us / moderators) to shape the flow of conversations into a direction that, in my view, was more towards adding value to discussions.

• Like 1

It allowed me (/us / moderators) to shape the flow of conversations into a direction that, in my view, was more towards adding value to discussions.

Value is a very subjective term in this context. In my opinion that judgment is limiting a free exchange of ideas. I would appreciate a precise definition of value in this context.

Value is a very subjective term in this context. In my opinion that judgment is limiting a free exchange of ideas. I would appreciate a precise definition of value in this context.

A precise definition of value would crash the stock market.

• Like 2

re: the edits

In terms of questioning your motives for banning me, you never once answered my PM's.

Yes, I didn’t answer all of your questions. Although I'll point out that there were a LOT of PM's between all the moderators, yourself, SODE, and Varj. Sorry that I can't always help, but you also didn't respond to some of my PM's.

Do you view yourself as one with absolute authority here?

No, that would be Sean

I would appreciate a precise definition of value in this context.

Unfortunatly I can not supply you with one.

Sorry, I’m trying to orders some hospital consumables at the moment, and someone else has a weird issue with his printer spool.

But I believe it’s an important discussion (much more so than the “merit” of the reputation system) Perhaps I can try to help you in another thread?

If and only if, forum members are provided with clear and precise answers from you. If you have read any of my posts in other threads, you will understand why I am insistent on clear communication.

Edited by ralis