DragonGateNYC

Dragon Gate Taoist Grand Master Wang Liping Private Intensives

why dont you just look at his photos? the person who sells teachings on eternal youth looks like a normally aged 50-60 yo chinese male, he is not gray yet but that is a genetic chinese treat.

if he cant make himslef look even a bit younger than his biological age what is it people pay him for?

this tells you all you need to know both about him and them

I suppose you have a better option than this??

We don't even know what to look for in a master.

Maybe this is the real problem.

How would you 'detect' achievement in someone?

Listening and following people without achievements is not only useless, it's also counterproductive.

And yet, we don't know how to distinguish between those that have, and those that mimic real results...

Well, maybe it's karma.

L1

I suppose you have a better option than this??

We don't even know what to look for in a master.

Maybe this is the real problem.

central to taoism is the idea of rejuvenation so someone who looks much younger than his age is a master

How would you 'detect' achievement in someone?

oh, it is very simple u just need to follow these 3 easy steps

1. unbundle yrself from "we"

2. explain to yrself what is it YOU r looking for as yr end goal concretly

3. go thru all available teachers and discard obvious frauds, you know, the thunder lamas and web-cam classes

4. then match the rest with yr goal from 2

I can only talk for myself:

The first retreat I joined was years ago. Teacher was Qin Ling, a teaching student of Master Wang

I learned 3 days some basics (breathing, 5-elements, xue-mu-tien & 6. line, Kan&Li, moving internal qi using external movements, Ping Heng Gong & shui gong:

Qin Lings daigong was very powerful, the second day at the evening I had something I felt like kundalini. Hot waves running up my spine. I couldn't sleep because I had shuddering attacks for several hours.

I could sit that time for maybe 45mins crossed legs without changing the position of the legs.

Then I did training for a year and went then again to Qin Ling for 10 days. We learned a lot more stuff, like the mirror meditation, walking qi gong, controlling the ling and the curtain and more.

I could sit after a year for 60min in half-lotus without pain. This retreat was really fun, because we meditated outside in the woods and there were a lot of insects. Nothing more to say about that ;)

Half a year later I joined a training with Master Wang, just for 3 days. His brother-in-law collected me at the dalien airport and drove me all the way to Master Wang (maybe 2 hours one way) and I met Master Wang for the first time. I can't describe how it was like.

I think the second day at that seminar I was able for the first time to travel outside my body, not far, just some rooms away. But the incredible thing was, that the doing shui gong in that room could feel me.

Back in Beijing I tried it again, but it didn't work. I'm sure it was just possible in the daigong-field of Master Wang... and he let me do this just to scent the air of what would be possible if I continue training.

back in Beijing I met Qin Ling and Victor. It was the first time I could feel how much stronger they are than me. A friend of mine and me did a 2 hours meditation with Qin Ling and she easily could fry us with her Daigong, it was really pain.

After 6 months I joined again a 10 days retreat with Qin Ling and we learned remote viewing and some exercises of the first level of the three immortals. She said that my "dragon-pearl" was developed completely. Don't know what this means. :-) Since then I'm doing this new techniques and in 13 days I'll fly to Beijing to spend some days with Qin Ling and the to Dalien for 10 days with Master Wang.

I'm a absolute beginner, so I can't tell you much. I don't read books on daoism or tcm, so I can't tell you what exactly is happening in my body, I'm absolutely healthy and I'm developing a visible small pit on xue (between eyebrows). I don't tell you anything more on sensations because I believe they're not important.

Hope this helps...

• Like 2

I can only talk for myself:

The first retreat I joined was years ago. Teacher was Qin Ling, a teaching student of Master Wang

I learned 3 days some basics (breathing, 5-elements, xue-mu-tien & 6. line, Kan&Li, moving internal qi using external movements, Ping Heng Gong & shui gong:

Qin Lings daigong was very powerful, the second day at the evening I had something I felt like kundalini. Hot waves running up my spine. I couldn't sleep because I had shuddering attacks for several hours.

I could sit that time for maybe 45mins crossed legs without changing the position of the legs.

Then I did training for a year and went then again to Qin Ling for 10 days. We learned a lot more stuff, like the mirror meditation, walking qi gong, controlling the ling and the curtain and more.

I could sit after a year for 60min in half-lotus without pain. This retreat was really fun, because we meditated outside in the woods and there were a lot of insects. Nothing more to say about that ;)

Half a year later I joined a training with Master Wang, just for 3 days. His brother-in-law collected me at the dalien airport and drove me all the way to Master Wang (maybe 2 hours one way) and I met Master Wang for the first time. I can't describe how it was like.

I think the second day at that seminar I was able for the first time to travel outside my body, not far, just some rooms away. But the incredible thing was, that the doing shui gong in that room could feel me.

Back in Beijing I tried it again, but it didn't work. I'm sure it was just possible in the daigong-field of Master Wang... and he let me do this just to scent the air of what would be possible if I continue training.

back in Beijing I met Qin Ling and Victor. It was the first time I could feel how much stronger they are than me. A friend of mine and me did a 2 hours meditation with Qin Ling and she easily could fry us with her Daigong, it was really pain.

After 6 months I joined again a 10 days retreat with Qin Ling and we learned remote viewing and some exercises of the first level of the three immortals. She said that my "dragon-pearl" was developed completely. Don't know what this means. :-) Since then I'm doing this new techniques and in 13 days I'll fly to Beijing to spend some days with Qin Ling and the to Dalien for 10 days with Master Wang.

I'm a absolute beginner, so I can't tell you much. I don't read books on daoism or tcm, so I can't tell you what exactly is happening in my body, I'm absolutely healthy and I'm developing a visible small pit on xue (between eyebrows). I don't tell you anything more on sensations because I believe they're not important.

Hope this helps...

Thank you for sharing, Kronos!

Honestly I'm not really impressed, but thank you, really, for sharing.

I had simmilar sensations practicing alone, when I was a tad younger... stuff you find in cheap qigong books.

I'm as healthy as any guy, and roughly satisfied with my life - it's the fruit of my own actions, according to buddhism, therefore I can't blame/praise anyone else for it.

I just don't see why I would go through all this trouble, not to mention gathering huge amounts of financial resources. For what I know, the stories are still nothing but stories. And even if they are true for a master like Mr. Liping, it isn't necessarely true for his followers... is it?

I still don't know what to make of this. I'll just keep at it for some time, and hopefully in the future things will become alot clearer. I'm looking forward to more views on it, if they are available.

Thanks guys.

L1

Oh yeah,

do you had the the uhmm extreme strange pressure on the right side on the back somewhere at rip cage between two 2 Ribs while getting the Dai Gong teacher Qin Ling?

Teacher Qin Lin has some items she have from GT Wang. Well they are :lol: dangerous, have you tried them out? Ah well when you go to Qin Lin ask her to do a fixed order of the meditation which you need to be able to understand in mandarin and the translator should only speak when she make some changes and add new things.

With this you can deepen the meditation as there is interference when two people speak which cultivation niveau is far different - just an adivce because if there are too many beginners and people with language barrier then this special option is too much.(You can try to ask it from Wang Liping too.Also you avoid the horrible time of teacher speaks adding the time the translator speaks)

Enjoy

Q

Dai Gong? Do you mean Dian gong?

Could you explain what dai gong is?

Dai Gong? Do you mean Dian gong?

Could you explain what dai gong is?

I believe this means the teacher emits a qigong energy field that allows the students to practice at a higher level and to speed up the effect of the practice. "Dai" means to lead, to bring others along. The effect is temporary and stops when the teacher stops creating the field.

Edited by River Rat

Honestly I'm not really impressed, but thank you, really, for sharing.

I had simmilar sensations practicing alone, when I was a tad younger... stuff you find in cheap qigong books.

I'm as healthy as any guy, and roughly satisfied with my life - it's the fruit of my own actions, according to buddhism, therefore I can't blame/praise anyone else for it.

I just don't see why I would go through all this trouble, not to mention gathering huge amounts of financial resources. For what I know, the stories are still nothing but stories. And even if they are true for a master like Mr. Liping, it isn't necessarely true for his followers... is it?

I still don't know what to make of this. I'll just keep at it for some time, and hopefully in the future things will become alot clearer. I'm looking forward to more views on it, if they are available.

Thanks guys.

L1

The single rarest and most precious ability in today's world is to be normal.

It is WAY easier to learn to emit, transmit, transmute, whatever, qi, ki, prana, light, heat, shit...

it is easier still to grow big meat armor around your bones and big smartass know-it-all armor around your mind... big big big whatever you need to grow big so as not to feel so small and powerless inside... which is still how you feel after you've added all those big abilities on top of all your other defenses... I don't mean you personally, obviously...

...much MUCH easier...

...than to normalize any of the damaged, destroyed, twisted things in a human being who is chasing something a normal human being wouldn't begin to need. Someone who is not hungry does not dream of an eternal dinner. Someone who was a normal baby having a normal life doesn't dream of being a baby forever -- only those who missed out do. Someone who was loved from the start doesn't grow up to seek compensatory love from the whole world. Someone who truly loves doesn't love the whole world -- only those to whom it matters.

Normal is not impressive. Abnormal is. However, if you're after something tremendously challenging, unconditionally rewarding, uniquely hard to find, and largely unavailable to everybody else (which seems to be what the seekers of "something impressive" are all after -- they don't want it if someone else can have it too, they want exclusivity), if you want to hunt down the biggest game in the jungle, go for normal. I'm not kidding.

And... oh... one thing to keep in mind... If you can't really get a definition, much less a demonstration, of what "normal" is from someone "super-normal" or "paranormal" or "enlightened" or "on the true path" and so on -- if their power of internalizing/embodying tao, nirvana, kundalini, tortellini, whatever, stops short of being able to internalize and embody normality --

stay as far away from them as possible.

• Like 1

Some good points Tianshi. And yes, Its a shame more of the WLP group or Kathy dont speak up and share some information here.

Thanks.

I am a newcomer. Just received the following email from a Daofriend. It could be helpful to bums here.

-------------------------------

XXX,

Regarding your question "clarifying this difference in price with you and Jeannette". If you are asking the price about Master Wang's class (Dec. 22-31th, 2010) sponsored by Lao Zi Academy. I would like to invite Dr. Richard Liao (Lao Zi Academy's member) to answer any pricing questions related to this Dec. class.

Since you are keeping to request me "clarifying" your questions, I don't want to waste my valuable time and your valuable time. This email is the 2nd time "clarifying" and will be the last time "clarifying" . Hope to see you in the coming "on-line meet-up" or Master Wang's class (Dec. 22-31th, 2010).

1st. I personally never "pricing" Master Wang. It dosen't make any sense to say "difference in price with you and Jeannette".

2nd. If the word "you" in sentence "difference in price with you and Jeannette" is refer to "Lao Zi Academy", the answer is: all of our events and activities are approved by and Lao Zi Academy board directors (of course, include Master Wang). All the price for our events are clearly written in our website.

3rd. We do notice there is a woman named "Cai Ping / ? Chu " is spreading rumor about Master Wang Liping and Lao Zi Academy through cyberspace . The bad behavior of this "Cai Ping / Chu " is misleading genuine Taoism seekers, and damaged Master Wang's reputation and public image. Master Wang and his wife, other Taoists Masters, maybe Lao Zi Academy (if we were asked to react by Taoists Masters), would not ignore the bad behavior of this "Cai Ping / Chu ".

4th. Since you mentioned "Jeannette" many times, we do not know which "Jeannette" you are talking about, because we have many students all over the world have the same name. If you have chance to participate our online meet-up (http://taoists-meet-up.eventbrite.com) or participate our on-site Dec. 22-31th training, could you please introduce the complete biography of the "Jeannette" you mentioned in these emails ? Master Wang and Lao Zi Academy will try our best to clarify everything. If you don't have chance to participate our any activities, please write down and email us the complete biography (with pictures better) of the "Jeannette" you mentioned.

5th. Master Wang and Lao Zi Academy organize classes all year around. For example, 2009 Dec. small size training class in Dalian (http://www.laoziacademy.us/2009_anbo.htm); 2010 April, August, Sept. training classes (http://retreat.dao-de.org) in China and USA. Same classes will be continuously happened in the coming 2011 year. Many students already report to us their time schedules for learning from Master Wang in 2011 April , May, August, Sept, Dec. I speak with and see Master Wang quite often. We will accommodate every students time and Master Wang's busy schedule. Please keep tuned with us, Master Wang and Lao Zi Academy will take care any valuable students and fulfill our mission of helping people by bringing the traditions, practices and secrets of Taoism to the west.

May Dao Bless you ! Hope to see you or any of your friends in the coming "on-line meet-up" or Master Wang's class (Dec. 22-31th, 2010).

--- Kathy Li.

This Email is copying to Lao Zi Academy board directors

Oh yeah,

do you had the the uhmm extreme strange pressure on the right side on the back somewhere at rip cage between two 2 Ribs while getting the Dai Gong teacher Qin Ling?

Teacher Qin Lin has some items she have from GT Wang. Well they are :lol: dangerous, have you tried them out? Ah well when you go to Qin Lin ask her to do a fixed order of the meditation which you need to be able to understand in mandarin and the translator should only speak when she make some changes and add new things.

With this you can deepen the meditation as there is interference when two people speak which cultivation niveau is far different - just an adivce because if there are too many beginners and people with language barrier then this special option is too much.(You can try to ask it from Wang Liping too.Also you avoid the horrible time of teacher speaks adding the time the translator speaks)

Enjoy

Q

you mean this two coins, that aren't realle coins? :) I had them between palms and knees. But didn't feel much difference. I also used the other tools you put under hui yin and around your body. The only difference was that I generated so much heat, that everyone sitting around me could feel it.

Oh, I'm happy that I don't need a translator for the meditation. After listening for over a year to the recordings of Master Wang's instructions I understand almost everything I need. I'm also learning mandarin for 2 years now. But I have almost no time beside work, training and family.

if you want to hunt down the biggest game in the jungle, go for normal. I'm not kidding

I hear you, TM..

Normal by what standards?

You know, it's funny you would say that. I mean, that's the perspective from which I wrote my previous posts actually.

I had my fights to regain my normality recently, and found it more appealing than supernormal stuff. So the underlying question would be, why would someone go from ordinary (jack) throu all the difficulty that involves training, in order to achieve goals that nobody knows for a fact that they are achievable (not for many, at least). And then, I read something like "immortality for all", from some source that is considered reliable. You can imagine my surprise!..

L1

And then, I read something like "immortality for all", from some source that is considered reliable. You can imagine my surprise!..

Would you like to elaborate on this. It sounds very interesting to say the least.

It's just an announcement written by someone who's giving you kindly an opportunity to learn from Master Wang.

None of us is representing Master Wang. Neither I heard Master Wang making such claims like you read in Post #1. He's just happy when many students appear on his door. He's happy when students like the one who wrote this announcement in the first post are helping others to learn from Master Wang.

I hear you, TM..

Normal by what standards?

You know, it's funny you would say that. I mean, that's the perspective from which I wrote my previous posts actually.

I had my fights to regain my normality recently, and found it more appealing than supernormal stuff. So the underlying question would be, why would someone go from ordinary (jack) throu all the difficulty that involves training, in order to achieve goals that nobody knows for a fact that they are achievable (not for many, at least). And then, I read something like "immortality for all", from some source that is considered reliable. You can imagine my surprise!..

L1

I wrote a response but then realized that it went a bit off the thread and on a tangent, so I moved it to my personal forum. Please come visit!:)

I read his biography "Opening the Dragon Gate", and I don't know how much was true and how much was fiction since biographies can often be embellishments and straight up mis-information, then again, maybe this one is all fact?? But, it would probably be pretty awesome to have an intensive with Wang Liping.

Maybe something akin to a Shaktipat from what I read from the book mentioned above, with guidance in the practices to maintain and deepen the experience.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Qin Ling said in a interview (on youtube/german) she believes the things written in the book are true.

She also told me once she had maybe 1% or less of Master Wangs power. So if you know here or just saw her this means it's unimaginable how powerful master Wang is.

I can just tell you that his daigong felt very strong sometimes, even when he was 8600km away.

There was a good reason that teachers of taoist and other traditions kept many of their teachings private and chose their students very carefully. If what someone is teaching does not seem suitable then one can search for another teacher that does seem more suitable. Making disrepectful or demanding comments towards others, especially in regards to others one has not met and spent any real time with, is not helpful to anyone else or to one's self in my opinion. Trying to force others to fit into one's preconceptions is also not helpful in my opinion. If something does not seem suitable why not simply move on and look for something else that does? Seems simple enough. Do people really think that 'tao' can be grasped or made to conform to their preconceptions and arbitrary expectations, or that one can ever have a chance of embracing tao through contention, judgement, disrepect, etc.? It seems to me based on taoist teachings that one does not approach tao by trying to force tao to conform to one's expectations, but instead by letting go of preconceptions and personal biases and opinions and instead allowing oneself to naturally explore and coexist in tao in its many varied expressions, but perhaps I am wrong. Maybe the taoist teachers and sages of old had it all wrong. Maybe the true tao is about irreverence, direspect, and demanding that others conform to our own personal limited views, forcing tao to conform to our personal wishes and wants. etc. Perhaps the ego is really the true ruler of tao. :lol:

Some verses from the Tao Te Ching:

Tao Te Ching - Translation by Derek Lin

Chapter 41

Higher people hear of the Tao

They diligently practice it

Average people hear of the Tao

They sometimes keep it and sometimes lose it

Lower people hear of the Tao

They laugh loudly at it

If they do not laugh, it would not be the Tao

Therefore a proverb has the following:

The clear Tao appears unclear

The advancing Tao appears to retreat

The smooth Tao appears uneven

High virtue appears like a valley

Great integrity appears like disgrace

Encompassing virtue appears insufficient

Building virtue appears inactive

True substance appears inconstant

The great square has no corners

The great vessel is late in completion

The great music is imperceptible in sound

The great image has no form

The Tao is hidden and nameless

Yet it is only the Tao

that excels in giving and completing everything

Chapter 45

Great perfection seems flawed

Its function is without failure

Great fullness seems empty

Its function is without exhaustion

Great straightness seems bent

Great skill seems unrefined

Great eloquence seems inarticulate

Movement overcomes cold

Stillness overcomes heat

Clear quietness is the standard of the world

Chapter 70

My words are easy to understand, easy to practice

The world cannot understand, cannot practice

My words have basis

My actions have principle

People do not understand this

Therefore they do not understand me

Those who understand me are few

Thus I am highly valued

Therefore the sage wears plain clothes but holds jade

Edited by The Way Is Virtue
  • Like 1

I can just tell you that his daigong felt very strong sometimes, even when he was 8600km away.

This is my experience with Chogyal Namkhai Norbu, Dalai Lama and the Karmapa, so this is a good thing. I'd be interested in meeting Wang Liping. :D

I come to think that each lineage has really different Enegies that are used,gathered, mastered(?)

It could also depend upon "the way" you are connecting to these different lineages as well?