I like this explanation of wu wei

no "spiritual bullshit"

"Not doing anything to my experience is the most compassionate and loving thing I could do to myself. And if I see that I am meddling with my experience, I cease and desist." -A.H. Almaas

IMHO wuwei is simply a description of a state of harmony (i.e. balance on many fronts) - in such a state, a natural equilibrium (resting point) has been reached. As such, wuwei can be used to describe many things - both of physical as well as spiritual nature.

I like this explanation of wu wei

no "spiritual bullshit"

"Not doing anything to my experience is the most compassionate and loving thing I could do to myself. And if I see that I am meddling with my experience, I cease and desist." -A.H. Almaas

Nice ... thanks for posting this :D

Yes. Very nice indeed.

I do have to agree with Devoid though in that wu wei should include our spirituality as well. Afterall, spirituality is basically our realization of self and our place within the whole or Oneness, does it not?

• Like 2

Spiritual bullshit? Let's not throw the baby (all the wonderful discoveries and insights made by intrepid spiritual explorers who showed us the Way) with the bath water (corrupt religious organization+manipulation and deception).

Instead of separating and picking apart; thinking this is true, this is not, simply let go and observe. This is Wu Wei...without the need to separate the "impure" from the "pure" (illusions both of these).

Edited by The Observer

Wu-wei, I have discovered,

Is to stop the juggling.

To remove oneself from the equation

and stop the outer dynamics.

The fear sets in

because our egos mistakenly believe

that we are indispensible.

That if we stop juggling

The dynamics will go afoul.

It appears to be the opposite.

When the juggling stops

and the chips fall where they may,

The 10,000 things can be seen

For what they truly are.

The chips are at rest and splayed out

For our close inspection.

And then the sorcery begins.

It begins with Intent.

It has been said that only

a very wise person

can see what another needs

in their soul.

This is the work of the wu-wei shaman;

The wise man is the one who has self-realized

and knows himself to the quick.

Because to know ones self is to know

The 10,000 things.

Only then can it be freely given away.

Let the sorcery begin.

• Like 2

If someone is there to cease the meddling, it is not wu wei.

Awareness of experience, awareness of actions that occurred is wu wei. Identification with subject of that action even to cease any conceptual meddling is not.

• Like 1

More regurgitation for shifting centers. True Love Cultivates True Center. There are endless centers in the universe. Know yourself know others. Be yourself. When you know One, you can know yourself. Knowing Love points you in a direction that only a center can point.