Non

I dont get "morning wood"

Bodyoflight, is that a bizkit in your avatar?

I wouldn't worry about your egomania that much, each of us had it, like the measels in childhood,you'll get over it. Maybe even get to feel embarassed about the stuff you wrote. Hang in there, dude, it will pass...

feel free to ignore me if i shake your rattlers..

if my words did not hurt your ego, you wouldn't have responded with sarcasm trying to protect your fragile little ego in your very first post to me..

*smirk*

Edited by bodyoflight

for you, NON.. check out the underlined words..

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/16062-spiritual-weapons-for-fighting-off-demons/page__view__findpost__p__248234

As a long time student of Taoist forms with ties to Maoshan, though following a somewhat divergent path, I would like to express what are my own feelings and viewpoint regarding how I view spirit fighting. My views stated here are related to free will, the opposing spirit of oppression, the idea of responsibility, and the potential dangers of irresponsibility. I cannot position myself as a spokesperson for anyone else, or for any art, but do know through personal experience of the existence of forces which are benevolent, and forces which are not. I have had close encounters with both, which have caused me to be committed to one and to vigorously resist the other.

From what I think I know about Maoshan, it has never been popular. It has been feared in the past. Today, many would rather ignore or even ridicule some of the concepts that I believe motivated its existence. The tradition of Maoshan is one of Spirit Fighting. My view (and experience) of that aspect is pretty straight forward, following the old adage “The simplest explanation is usually the right one.” Whether the spirits being fought are embodied spirits like us, or disembodied and addicted spirits seeking control of bodies that do not belong to them, or never-embodied spirits with worse issues, or our own personal demons with which we have become all too familiar, the practice of Spirit Fighting is designed to strengthen our individual spirits and provide tools and weapons for self defense. It is a fierce art in which attacks are not blocked, they are attacked. Even an attacker’s will to carry on the fight is targeted. Ideally, those who are stronger become defenders of those who are weaker. Those who become adept often become teachers of those who want to learn. Those with sufficient vision tend to want to assist others who cannot see their own issues clearly. Students are taught to help them achieve their potential. That is how I view the spirit of Maoshan. That is the ideal. The reality is that in this imperfect world, fighting invisible enemies is difficult whether they are twisted people (posing as friends), twisted spirits, or twisted ideas. The unprepared rescuer can easily become another victim.

Trust is important in life. There is a truthful spirit of benevolence that can be found in all things. This can be described as a vibration, a light, a force, or any number of descriptions depending on the viewpoint and philosophy of the individual. When we look within ourselves for guidance or truth that is what we are looking for. When we seek to be “at one with the universe”, that highest of all vibrations is the one with which we seek to be in harmony. It is trustworthy.

Though we are all surrounded by and filled with this completely trustworthy force, we ourselves choose whether or not we can be trusted. Trust is important enough that we sometimes give those we love more trust than they deserve, hoping that they will rise to the level of that trust. That is exactly the situation in which we find ourselves on this planet. We are trusted with a lot, and some rise and some do not. Though trust is important, it can also be misplaced. Not all mean well. Even well meaning people can mislead. Anyone teaching that everyone can be trusted should not be trusted.

Just as we cannot and should not trust all of the embodied spirits (people) around us, and just as those of us spirits who are embodied cannot always be trusted, those of us who are no longer embodied, or are for whatever reason not embodied, and especially those who do not wish to think of themselves as part of “the family” of man may choose to be unworthy of trust. Even well meaning spirits can mislead. Anyone teaching that all spirits can be trusted should not be trusted.

The spirit of Maoshan as I see it is to better master one’s own spirit and one’s own body. It is also to overcome and help others to overcome any and all spirits who seek to dominate and enslave. This can be internal dominance through fostering personal weakness or addiction or external dominance through fear, bullying or other manifestations of the spirit of tyranny. It is no wonder to me if it is indeed true that this art was targeted, dispersed and all but destroyed by a tyrannical government. The spirit of Maoshan is to fight for personal freedom from such tyranny. This is also the spirit of any true internal martial art. Victory over self is a big part of the battle.

There are many who seek “bliss” in dangerous ways. Drugs promise bliss, but often deliver addiction and personal slavery. Many of those still seeking bliss in that way will be resistant to those attempting to warn them of the dangers.

Likewise, those attempting to “open” themselves up to a spirit of bliss may not be aware of those spirits who may offer bliss as a lure, but whose true motives may be far less benevolent. “Control” is sometimes criticized, but loss of self control can be dangerous.

Maoshan as I have witnessed it is very direct. While many avoid the concept of death and the existence of spirits in the world around us, Maoshan seems to accept these facts and strives to deal with them. Some fear the number 4 because of the similarities between the words for 4 and death. It has been given the name of Tetraphobia. Maoshan seems to embrace both the number and the concept as very relevant and important aspects of life. Overcoming fear of death is a source of great power in life. An out of body experience can be part of a more advanced level of training. Although I have had at least one out of body experience, it came to me long before I ever heard of Maoshan. It was more the result of foolish choices than a spiritual goal, but it was nevertheless extremely educational. I will never look at death the same way again. In fact, I have never been the same. But I also almost died. It is nothing to trifle with.

Those who practice and understand Maoshan are serious about the concept of “Spirit Fighting”, though they may interpret it in different ways based on their experience. I for one speak from experience when I say I am for very good reason skeptical of any invisible force which will seek to jerk or flail or move or restrain or injure or abuse my body, or in any way cause dormancy or replacement or “surrender” of my own free will, even temporarily. Spirits seeking such involvement will have their own agenda. Even a “well meaning” spirit may open up channels in students which can be abused by less well meaning spirits. It is also nothing to trifle with.

Spirits, embodied or not, who wish to dominate tend eventually to introduce fear, hate, or other negative or even twisted emotions which can be used to increase an individual’s loss of control. Such emotions are commonly used to gain further control or dominance. If we are out of control, we need to give some serious thought as to who or what is in control in place of us. When students seeking bliss, or any other peaceful outcome begin to complain of feeling intimidated or dominated by fear, oppression, or other negative forces, it is cause for concern.

We surrender or offer our free will (or dedicate our actions, if you prefer) to the things we worship or follow. If we surrender our will hastily, unwisely, or to unworthy things or spirits, we will learn through regret. Learning the hard way is at least still learning, but some things are best avoided. Those who teach an art of surrender need to be very aware of the potential dangers and pitfalls, and safeguard their students. Teachers are responsible to prepare their students for dangers they may face by following their teachings. Sifu means Teacher-Father. Most of us will look after our own children. The most responsible of us will also look after other people’s children when we see them in danger. This responsibility crosses family and “art” boundaries to include a much broader family. I see many commendable examples of this in this forum.

Challenges are good for us. Life is part of a great plan in which our choices play a vital part. If we have ever wished that we could live in an amazing adventure story, the reality we face is better than any story ever written. Part of the challenge is simply to break free of the limited vision that we may have come to accept regarding our own lives. I sincerely wish you all a successful “fight”. I urge caution to anyone who is in any way surrendering his free will to any substance, thing, person, spirit, force, or idea which is not absolutely worthy of that surrender. That which is worthy will consider your freedom of choice precious above all and will never attempt to take it from you, or endanger it. Your free will is the essence of who you are as a spirit, and it is worth fighting for.

Edited by bodyoflight

Bodyoflight, is that a bizkit in your avatar?

I wouldn't worry about your egomania that much, each of us had it, like the measels in childhood,you'll get over it. Maybe even get to feel embarassed about the stuff you wrote. Hang in there, dude, it will pass...

:lol:

the real goal of being celibate is to drive your kundalini uptowards your brain and achieve bliss..

NON is probably not telling you all everything here.. he is probably engaging in some secret spiritual practices which involve the usage of kundalini energy..

all these talk about sex and abusing women is probably his ego trying to talk him out of such beneficial spiritual practices..

Are you nuts? You really think this is what`s happening?

yet, NON has shown no signs of listening to you..

Right, because that makes sense. I'm the only one here, so obviously all of his posts are to me directly. That was sarcasm again.

Your post makes no sense. He doesn't know what to do or think, so he keeps looking for external validation. He doesn't listen (something he has admitted to doing in the past), because he has not found the answers that he wants- when someone agrees with him, the tone of his posts change.

That would not be the case for someone who was truly following their own, internal guidance.

and he is perfectly fine for it..

Again, I do not consider suicidal thoughts to be "perfectly fine", and am a little bothered by the fact you seem to be okay with this.

matter of fact i put NON on ignore before but i am getting him off the list.. i am putting you on ignore instead..

*smirk* I understand, the truth is too much for you to handle. Your dinky little candle is no match for the blazing sun that is me.

you don't have to worry about my shield and internal compass.. they are pretty strong ..

Is that why you are ignoring me now? Or is it because ignorance is bliss? It's much easier to win an argument when you ignore what other people say. Good luck on your spiritual journey with that attitude. As for this:

if my words did not hurt your ego, you wouldn't have responded with sarcasm trying to protect your fragile little ego in your very first post to me..

*smirk*

It's clear the only one being rattled is you. After all, if my words didn't hurt your ego, you wouldn't have responded with ignoring me trying to protect your fragile little ego.

You're a very tiny fish, I hope you enjoy the same walls of your fish tank, because with the attitude you've displayed in this thread, you're going to be there for a very looooooooooong time.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

NON is frustrated because some spiritual masters have used magical means to cover up his spiritual abilities and third eye.

He is also frustrated because some spiritual masters have used magical means to stir up forces of resentment and jealousy and anger at him.

These spiritual masters are not necessarily human. May be ET in origins.

NON is using his celibacy to up his spiritual game. He is just not telling you.

Do you think a high-level practitioner is going to tell you everything?

All these words of NON is just him trying to knock you guys off-balance by trying to stir-up imbalances and insecurities within yourselves!

I think, Sloppy, that you are the one truly insecure about women and society.. Otherwise you wouldn't be calling NON down so much..

Where do you get off? You have taken this idea around sexuality and made it into something it is not. Now you have aliens conspiring against Non to keep his third eye closed for what purpose? Non must be some high and mighty master and aliens are out to disrupt his enlightenment. :lol: You believe that sex needs to be overcome because it is some limiting and addictive force. Why on earth do spiritual seekers belief such nonsense. The Buddha said so, my Lama said so or it is written in some ancient text. There is absolutely no proof that ridding oneself of sexual urges brings one any closer to enlightenment.

The best writing on the subject of sexual suppression, is Wilhelm Reich's 'Mass Psychology of Fascism'. Reich discusses the nature of sexual suppression as coming from religions that are advocating some higher cause and the only way to that illusory sublime place is through suppressing (sacrificing) one's natural sexual drives and doing what you are told! The punitive measures of failing to do so are myriad in number.

Historically, Reich examined mass movements and the psychological makeup of. Reich wrote the first edition during the Nazi's rise to power and was able to observe first hand what suppression can cause. Hitler had an obsession to rid Germany of anyone that did not conform to the higher cause of creating the perfect Aryan race. The perfect race excluded by default anyone with homosexual tendencies or the expression of. Hitler had Ernst Rohm killed because Rohm was gay. Even though Rohm was responsible for helping form the 3rd. Reich and bring Hitler to power. That did not stop with Rohm. Anyone exhibiting sexuality outside Hitler's idea of, was to be put in concentration camps and done away with. Conformity and book burning were enforced by jackbooted thugs goose stepping as a display of rigid character armoring which would be responsible for the deaths of millions.

According to Reich's research, character armoring and the rigid personality types that are the result of, are caused by various forms of child abuse. Child abuse creates various rigid structures in the fascia, muscles and therefor creates a limitation in physical expressions of sexuality, creativity, inhibited breathing and freedom of emotional expression. In other words, neurotic and psychotic personalities that will do the bidding of authoritarian personalities. Germany, Stalinist Russia and the Cultural Revolution are the most current examples.

One other movement that can't be ignored here in the U.S. is the religious right wing and their use of political power for their own devious interests.

For more information; Alice Miller and Alexander Lowen are well worth reading from a therapeutic point of view. For an historical account, there is none better than William Shirer's 'Rise and Fall of The Third Reich'.

http://www.sonoma.edu/users/d/daniels/reichlecture.html

Edited by ralis
  • Like 4

Where do you get off? You have taken this idea around sexuality and made it into something it is not. Now you have aliens conspiring against Non to keep his third eye closed for what purpose? Non must be some high and mighty master and aliens are out to disrupt his enlightenment. :lol: You believe that sex needs to be overcome because it is some limiting and addictive force. Why on earth do spiritual seekers belief such nonsense. The Buddha said so, my Lama said so or it is written in some ancient text. There is absolutely no proof that ridding oneself of sexual urges brings one any closer to enlightenment.

The best writing on the subject of sexual suppression, is Wilhelm Reich's 'Mass Psychology of Fascism'. Reich discusses the nature of sexual suppression as coming from religions that are advocating some higher cause and the only way to that illusory sublime place is through suppressing (sacrificing) one's natural sexual drives and doing what you are told! The punitive measures of failing to do so are myriad in number.

Historically, Reich examined mass movements and the psychological makeup of. Reich wrote the first edition during the Nazi's rise to power and was able to observe forst hand what suppression can cause. Hitler had an obsession to rid Germany of anyone that did not conform to the higher cause of creating the perfect Aryan race. The perfect race excluded by default anyone with homosexual tendencies or the expression of. Hitler had Ernst Rohm killed because Rohm was gay. Even though Rohm was responsible for helping form the 3rd. Reich and bring Hitler to power. That did not stop with Rohm. Anyone exhibiting sexuality outside Hitler's idea of, was to be put in concentration camps and done away with. Conformity and book burning were enforced by jackbooted thugs goose stepping as a display of rigid character armoring which would be responsible for the deaths of millions.

According to Reich's research, character armoring and the rigid personality types that are the result of, are caused by various forms of child abuse. Child abuse creates various rigid structures in the fascia, muscles and therefor creates a limitation in physical expressions of sexuality, creativity, inhibited breathing and freedom of expression. In other words, neurotic and psychotic personalities that will do the bidding of authoritarian personalities. Germany, Stalinist Russia and the Cultural Revolution are the most current examples.

For more information; Alice Miller and Alexander Lowen are well worth reading from a therapeutic point of view. For an historical account, there is none better than William Shirer's 'Rise and Fall of The Third Reich'.

you know.. no wonder in the shurangama sutra, Venerable Master Hsuan Hua keeps saying that in the final age of darkness, there will be demons of love preaching love love love and in the end they will all descend into the hell of love..

fact is, the love which you are describe is radically different from the non-lustful compassion practiced by buddhists..

you have to cut off your attachments first before doing anything else.. it is only by destroying your attachments of lust and greed then do the gods grant you siddhis..

i once thought NON is a troll looking for attention and this is why I banned him..

it seems to me that the spiritually dangerous advice which some of the posters in here are dishing out is far more polluting and far more dangerous than whatever crap NON is posting..

taoist demons indeed..

Jeez, bodyoflight. I have a feeling that you're going to read what you posted on this thread and go back and edit out your responses, which seem like the responses of someone drunk or on something. Just saying, my impressions. Flirting with an insult ban, too, I would think.

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth
  • Like 2

Complete repression of your natural drives and needs is the root cause of neurosis and insanity

Transcending something does not entail repressing said thing. ;)

• Like 2

Jeez, bodyoflight. I have a feeling that you're going to read what you posted on this thread and go back and edit out your responses, which seem like the responses of someone drunk or on something. Just saying, my impressions. Flirting with an insult ban, too, I would think.

which ones of my replies are insults? send me a PM about them and i will explain them to you.. if you are not satisfied i will change the posts..

if it is the one about taoist demons who keep preaching about love and falling into hell.. well i can even quote the page number of the Shurangama Sutra by Ven Hsuan Hua to you.. this is precisely what he said..

you know.. no wonder in the shurangama sutra, Venerable Master Hsuan Hua keeps saying that in the final age of darkness, there will be demons of love preaching love love love and in the end they will all descend into the hell of love..

fact is, the love which you are describe is radically different from the non-lustful compassion practiced by buddhists..

you have to cut off your attachments first before doing anything else.. it is only by destroying your attachments of lust and greed then do the gods grant you siddhis..

i once thought NON is a troll looking for attention and this is why I banned him..

it seems to me that the spiritually dangerous advice which some of the posters in here are dishing out is far more polluting and far more dangerous than whatever crap NON is posting..

taoist demons indeed..

You just made my point by quoting an ancient sutra and attaching a lofty value to it. Explain to me how attachment to sexuality can be dispensed with when that function is systemic. Have you tried removing all hormones? :lol:

• Like 5

which ones of my replies are insults? send me a PM about them and i will explain them to you.. if you are not satisfied i will change the posts..

if it is the one about taoist demons who keep preaching about love and falling into hell.. well i can even quote the page number of the Shurangama Sutra by Ven Hsuan Hua to you.. this is precisely what he said..

Now you are wanting to change your posts and by extension your beliefs about what you post. Exactly, what do you believe?

• Like 2

Firstly, if there are insults in here, anyone offended please report them.

More importantly, it seems to me, is the chance here to draw up a practical constructive new thread in which there is some wisdom shared about

How to tell the difference in your body and heart between:

(i)repression of sexual response

(ii)loss of libido due to health issues or depression or stress

(iii)evolution in practice leading to a smoother sexual journey ie loss of objectivising women and being driven by lust

IF you all feel you can draw up such a distinction map, then I reckon it would be valuable for many.

snapback.pngbodyoflight, on 23 April 2011 - 10:54 PM, said:

the real goal of being celibate is to drive your kundalini uptowards your brain and achieve bliss..

NON is probably not telling you all everything here.. he is probably engaging in some secret spiritual practices which involve the usage of kundalini energy..

all these talk about sex and abusing women is probably his ego trying to talk him out of such beneficial spiritual practices..

Bodyoflight you might be right. The ego talk in our heads that wants to sabotage our evolution is a real factor that is so often overlooked and we fall asleep and so utterly believe our own negative talk, and it becomes the strongest voice we hear. That, or we have to tolerate inner arguing, which is exhausting. Equally it could be that he has a negative complex which is talking him out of experiencing sexual happiness and intimacy.

I think is cool, Non, that you are looking at what your body is expressing. I wonder what just directing love and acceptance at your sexual body and your sexuality will do for you.

Do you want morning wood? When you get it, do you love your body and it's ways.. or just find it problematic. Maybe your wood wants an invitation and a welcome when it shows up.

Love your body.

• Like 1

Now you are wanting to change your posts and by extension your beliefs about what you post. Exactly, what do you believe?

ralis, i have posted all i wanna say on the subject and because you have posted nothing of value which I can reply to, I prefer not to engage in sheer rhetorical debate out of respect for the mods.

Firstly, if there are insults in here, anyone offended please report them.

More importantly, it seems to me, is the chance here to draw up a practical constructive new thread in which there is some wisdom shared about

(iii)evolution in practice leading to a smoother sexual journey ie loss of objectivising women and being driven by lust

IF you all feel you can draw up such a distinction map, then I reckon it would be valuable for many.

Bodyoflight you might be right. The ego talk in our heads that wants to sabotage our evolution is a real factor that is so often overlooked and we fall asleep and so utterly believe our own negative talk, and it becomes the strongest voice we hear. That, or we have to tolerate inner arguing, which is exhausting. Equally it could be that he has a negative complex which is talking him out of experiencing sexual happiness and intimacy.

I think is cool, Non, that you are looking at what your body is expressing. I wonder what just directing love and acceptance at your sexual body and your sexuality will do for you.

Do you want morning wood? When you get it, do you love your body and it's ways.. or just find it problematic. Maybe your wood wants an invitation and a welcome when it shows up.

Love your body.

where i come from, there is a saying..

before a king can leads his own army, he first fight his own battles and face his own demons..

before NON can engage in sexual intimacy and happiness, he must first control his sexual addictions which to me, seemed very heavy 3 months but now seem much lighter by comparison.

WEll.. I haven't ejaculated at all or masturbated for about 3 months now. I've thought somewhat of sex, and I've done some jelqing practices here and there being very careful not to lead energy outwards through contractions. In fact.. I haven't had any "contractions" so to speak in a long while. I dont do PC muscle squeezes either. I dont know if there are any health benefits to those either since I read PC muscle squeezes are for women and for males it's more the muscle between the anus and the spine.

So.. I'm just wondernig anyway. Is it bad to not experience morning wood? It's not like I dont get erections anymore but usually I subdue them when they come around because I dont want to have to lose any jing afterwards because then it can leak.

NON,

I wanna say one last thing before I go.

3 months ago, I keep knocking you before you have spouted a lot of rubbish about how women and men. Can't remember what they are but they sounded pretty trashy to me.

3 months later, now, you say you have stayed celibate for 3 months.

NON, if you said is indeed true, then I am going to say one thing..

You are definitely achieved much more in your life than so-called experts like Sloppy Zhang, Ralis and even me.

It is hard enough to stay celibate for 3 days and to stay celibate for 3 months, that is some sheer willpower and really mate, I salute you for this.

I have never stayed celibate for 3 months before and because of what you did, I am going to stay celibate for at least 3 months even if it cost me my life.

I have always hated losing to other people and I am definitely not gonna lose to you.

Bravo!

Edited by bodyoflight

where i come from, there is a saying..

before a king can leads his own army, he first fight his own battles and face his own demons..

before NON can engage in sexual intimacy and happiness, he must first control his sexual addictions which to me, seemed very heavy 3 months but now seem much lighter by comparison.

Nice saying.

I cant comment on Non's sexual addictions because I dont know anything about them!

And I agree that sexual intimacy and happiness is something we can 'train' for , by facing our demons and doing our best to bring a healthy loving sexual self to the banquet.

• Like 1

*smirk*

i forgive you for that too, my son

edit: and please, don't try to look more mature than you are, by rhetorical means. i'm not fond of using forum discussion rhetorics to proove points to anyone, not anymore at least. i said what i had to say, the way i thought you best deserve it...believe it or not, the intent is good.

Edited by Little1

ralis, i have posted all i wanna say on the subject and because you have posted nothing of value which I can reply to, I prefer not to engage in sheer rhetorical debate out of respect for the mods.

I think that is a fair question on my part. Do you take on a belief system from another culture or do you engage in a critical thought process to arrive at your own conclusions? Further, this concept that you hold around transcending what some might view as unpleasant sexual feelings, is rooted in your own point of view or an external authoritarian point of view?

Sexuality and hormonal functioning are not separate from the organism and in no way can be dispensed with. That is what my comment about removing all hormones in a previous post to you was about.

The subject of Buddhist's came up in your previous post and the implication is that monks and Lama's have somehow dealt with their sexuality. It is a known fact that in general, monks and Lama's freely engage in sexual activity within the confines of their monasteries. Further, the abuse of Catholic priests among their parishioners and in particular their altar boys is well known.

If you make sweeping generalizations that all monks are celibate and have transcended their sexuality, I will call you on it.

I remember reading accounts of the Spanish Inquisition where torture and death were used as a means to purify the sin of sexuality. Rigid personality types will always seek to control pleasure.

Edited by ralis

What is interesting, to me, anyway, is the degree to which we feel our sexuality being purified via practice. It is extensive, I feel.

All the junk which can and does adhere to libido structures in the psyche unhook and disintegrate.

Then one is left with something pure, like trees and mountains and rivers.

• Like 1

When I have a chance I will start a new thread on this.

I don't profess to have a working map for people, but this is when red flags start going up for me-

When your goals involve restricting or dominating something with your force of will in conjunction (because willpower alone isn't necessarily bad) with the demonizing of a systemic, effective, driving force within the body or mind- in this case, sex.

Sexual thoughts and reactions with your sexual glands are a part of a healthy body. I don's know about other guys, but I get random, non-sex related erections throughout the day. And as far as I know, that's healthy and to be expected. Problems arise when we begin to obsess over these things because we view them as wrong, and get progressively worse as we ARTIFICIALLY ATTEMPT to change these processes ourselves.

Furthermore, our minds come up with tens of thousands of thoughts a day. Some sexual, some not. And interestingly, when you try to avoid something, the more sensitized you become to it. The more you see it. And once you see it, the harder it is to let go. I suggest reading this article on intrusive thoughts, especially as they relate to OCD. Basically, things that would never have bothered you start to drive you nuts because you have become overly sensitized to their presence (though they've been there all along) and you suddenly can't let them go, so you start to come up with more and more elaborate (and sometimes even unhealthy) ways to get rid of these thoughts. And now you have a mild form of OCD. And some people would call that spiritual progress, and codify it into a system where others can do it too.

Now earlier I mentioned artificial attempts to change things. This is in contrast to things occurring naturally.

For instance, some people feel the need to go on a special diet when they are being spiritual. For me, spiritual practices have made me more aware of what I'm eating, why I'm eating it, and what it's actually doing to my body. Many of the foods I use to love physically repulse me now, because I actually know what's happening to my body.

Now diets can be fairly low impact to very dramatic, but it can get more tricky- especially when it comes to the sex stuff. Trying to change a diet or change your sex routine from the get go is putting the cart before the horse. The horse is your practice, and things like diet and celibacy arise in their own due course as you start to change the core of your life. This way, you can do things because you WANT to do them, and not because you "should" do them (because it's what spiritual people do, because it's what your guru said, because it was in a book, yadda yadda)

The problem is these things are so insidious, it's had to tell what is what. What is what YOU want to do? What is what you have been convinced that you must be doing? How much of it is your ego resisting change, and how much is your body going "for the love of God, stop, you are killing me"?

You've got to take a long, hard look at yourself. You've got to ask yourself some tough questions. You've got to examine your assumptions.

And though we may come up with some different answers, you can tell when one has gone, or is willing to go through, such a process.

I think that Non is getting there, and these threads are circling the same issues. I just don't think than Non has invested, and I don't know how much he is willing to invest, in actually trying to figure out where some things are coming from.

There is a reason why people in past threads have suggested therapy- because a trained therapist can sit down, face to face, no hiding behind a computer screen, and walk through everything that needs to be done.

Of course, you gotta watch out for the re-indoctrinating of "this is how you should feel about this" and yadda yadda.

Love your body.

I think it is cool too, and I think these are some great questions that Non needs to ask, and examine the answers.

• Like 1

It is hard enough to stay celibate for 3 days

It is impossible to stay celibate for ANY significant period of time if all you think about is how you aren't engaging in sexual activity. How you aren't masturbating. How you aren't ejaculating. Notice what the focus is in all of those sentences? SEX. MASTURBATION. EJACULATION.

There is a reason why self help books tell you to make affirmations in the positive. If you say "I don't want to be sad", then your focus is on sadness. If you say "I want to be happy", your focus is on happiness.

It's why all of those methods for forcing yourself not to be something only work for the most rigid of personality types, and why, even then, they lead to health complications (systemic tension). Not to mention what they do to those who aren't already hard wired.

The same goes for dieting and exercising, and things like that. You've got to change and build from the bottom up. If you try to suddenly do something drastic all at once, your body will push back and will most likely win.

I am going to stay celibate for at least 3 months even if it cost me my life.

The body is a very powerful thing. It is much better to work with it than against it. It is much easier to change something piece by piece, from the bottom up, rather than to force something from the top down.

Your body will ejaculate, your body will masturbate, LONG before you come even close to having to pay anything close to your life. And you will either rationalize it to accept it into your belief structure for why it is okay, or you will deem in an anomalous behavior and ignore all instances of it- basically you will enter into denial.

I have always hated losing to other people and I am definitely not gonna lose to you.

Bravo!

I hope it works out.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

If they get reborn, I bet lack of morning wood wouldn't even cross their mind. Why do you think that since Non talks about it, it makes him like Christ?
Absolutely.

Christ's res-erection was merely a Freudian metaphor for regaining morning wood after going without it for 3 days after the crucifixion of his mortal self. But this wood was spiritual, not sexual, in nature (as spoken about in Taoist Yoga). So, that's what we're really celebrating today. An immortal boner signifying the onset of spiritual puberty and the rite of passage from man to xian. Huzzah!

So say Mantak Chia is fcuking with Britney Spears, Britney will gain the purer, more enlightened energies of Chia's while Chia will be absorbing the more negative, less refined energies of Spear's.

Now suppose Mantak Chia meets a hot young blonde supermodel in her 20s who has so spiritually cultivate herself to the extent that she can walk through walls, heal herself, levitate.. then that would be a win-win situation for Chia.

Lmao!!! :lol:

Unfortunately for us, there's been more Bigfoot sightings than of your latter example here...

NON, even if a woman comes along, I pray with all my heart that you reject her unless she is so spiritually refined that she can walk through walls and levitate. Also it helps if she is beautiful, young, blond and have a great bod.
But fortunately for Non, I think he has only about a 0/8 billion chance of meeting that exception. :lol:
I'm curious - please do? I wonder if this might be a reference to the whole New Age scene? Edited by vortex
  • Like 1