bodyoflight

The answer lies in the India/Nepal/Tibet Himalaya Regions afterall.. and definitely NOT in china/taiwan..

Your implication that I have very little knowledge in regards to Vajrayana practice or even the deeper meaning of prostrations is erroneous. I was doing these practices in the 80's before Tibetan Buddhism became popularized. Further, I took my first Dzogchen teachings from Namkhai Norbu in 1989. I also received around 50-60 different transmissions.

Given the above, I didn't follow the herd of Westerners and shut down my critical thinking abilities as so many true believers that I know.

To me, a true spiritual path is one that benefits the world, without renouncing or escaping from it.

To be honest, the date you did these things and how many times you did them is the least interesting, impressive, or telling intel I could imagine a person drumming up about such experiences.

Thanks for sharing here, Pero.

Ralis holds a mistaken notion with regards to prostrations, which is the reason why i offered an alternative view for consideration. Its not a factor really if one understands and yet feels no connection with the practice anyhow, but to put forth a misguided premise that could lead others to get a wrong idea about Vajrayana, or specifically, some of the practices contained therein, is unethical, imo. I understand that he may not have been made aware of the deeper aspects and benefits of doing prostrations, which is why i tried to explain a bit on what the dynamics are in a more neutral light. Naturally, my perspectives are simply mine alone, and in no way were they expressed for the purpose of undermining Mr Ralis' integrity as a person who might know better.

(Haven't seen you post in a while - how are you keeping btw? Trust all is well with you. Have you been on retreat or something? I have no idea where Mr Songs is. He might be just taking a break... hopefully its not one that was enforced. :D )

Mr Songs isnt on an enforced break...:)

Have you ever been traveling, come home, and one day met someone else who has been to the same far flung place you travelled to.. only to find that their perception of that adventure of the senses and expansion of mind and spirit that you experienced whilst attempting to sleep listening to sounds of unknown animals, perhaps with an upset stomach and not the best food or washing facilities, but in awe at the quality of the sky there and in love with the new species of trees around you.....their perception is that their hotel was quite nice, whilst you camped in the wild, and that their car had air conditioning, while you hiked and took the bus, and that the breakfast buffet was phenomenal, while you ate fruit and drank water.. and you realise, you havent been to the same place at all, except in name.

I was shocked, naively, the first time I realised the extent to which this happens, and that I was crediting others for having travelled, just because they appeared to have been places, geographically speaking.

I agree tis most wholesome to assume the best about people, until evidence proves otherwise.

• Like 2

Mr Songs isnt on an enforced break...:)

Have you ever been traveling, come home, and one day met someone else who has been to the same far flung place you travelled to.. only to find that their perception of that adventure of the senses and expansion of mind and spirit that you experienced whilst attempting to sleep listening to sounds of unknown animals, perhaps with an upset stomach and not the best food or washing facilities, but in awe at the quality of the sky there and in love with the new species of trees around you.....their perception is that their hotel was quite nice, whilst you camped in the wild, and that their car had air conditioning, while you hiked and took the bus, and that the breakfast buffet was phenomenal, while you ate fruit and drank water.. and you realise, you havent been to the same place at all, except in name.

I was shocked, naively, the first time I realised the extent to which this happens, and that I was crediting others for having travelled, just because they appeared to have been places, geographically speaking.

I agree tis most wholesome to assume the best about people, until evidence proves otherwise.

Wow! Loved it. :wub: Gave me the bumps... wish i had such expressive flair. Could write a book or two if i did.

(great to know that Mr Songs was not temporary ejected...)

Apparently you can't even sacrifice thetaobums.com since you keep spending your time here instead of meditating.

It will be much more interesting hearing your absolutist statements in four, five years when you return from your Himalaya-voyage. When are you leaving? Do you have the money? If not, why not work and save money instead of spending time here and distracting your self from your goals?

Mandrake

i have meditated for about maybe 2-3 hours today..

didn't keep track as i kept losing consciousness..

• Like 1

No, just bitterness. :lol:

that question was referenced specifically at goldilocks..

what's bitterness to you may be pure "intention" to others..

:lol:

BOL, I think that you absolutely should, for better or for worse, go the Himalayas. One way or another, the life experience of achieving something that you are determined to do, facing the imminent fears of doing so, and overcoming all obstacles in doing so, are of immense value to the growth of any person, layman to Lama. You also have a strong amount of "piss and vinegar" that may translate to personal strength which a Lama may see as something that can be transmuted into determined spirit, provided that you are humble enough to accept his deep criticism, and that you are willing to learn to love, even your enemies, unconditionally.

I agree that it is important to believe in yourself and not let detractors determine what you believe you are capable, however, for you to succeed in finding an enlightened Lama in the Himalayas who will take you under his wing, I ask, for the sake of yourself and for the sake of the Lama, that you will be prepared to accept criticism graciously. That does not mean to necessarily believe it, but at least have an attitude of "I am trying to work on myself, so though I may not agree with you, I'm glad that you mention this so that I can consider if this is something for me to work on." As I'm sure you know, when learning from a master, pride can be the biggest wall to our teaching. Obeisance may not be necessary to accept another's guidance, but frustration with the teacher (not just people in a forum, though some may be teachers as well) will lead to you wasting your time. If you are capable of the respect and selfless humility that will be demanded of you up in those mountains, then I think you have vigor to get the job done. If you get pissed off and angry easily, you will dissipate your vital energy with emotional outbursts, and the Lamas will know better than to try to teach someone who has not tamed themselves in this way.

Final note:

In The Diamond Sutra, chapter 9:

Does a holy one say within himself, "I have obtained perfective enlightenment?"... No... If a holy one of perfected enlightenment said to himself "such am I [a holy one of perfected enlightenment]" he would partake of the idea of an ego entity, a personality, a being, or a separated individuality....

i have meditated for about maybe 2-3 hours today..

didn't keep track as i kept losing consciousness..

RAOTFLMFAO

Thank you for that

• Like 1

do you think you or anyone else still have a flea's chance of stopping me? Can't you even feel the energy in these posts of mine?

I don't think anyone wants to stop you, I certainly don't. Many have said that explicitly already.

They are just responding to your provocations and damnations.

The only energy I feel in your posts is that of extreme fear, uncertainty, insecurity, and dissatisfaction.

Things that are part of the human condition. Things that affect all of us.

Your intensity of desire for a better life certainly comes through loud and clear.

Good luck with your trip and studies in the Himalayas.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences and progress if you are able to or interested in communicating with us when you are there or after you return.

• Like 1

In The Diamond Sutra, chapter 9:

Does a holy one say within himself, "I have obtained perfective enlightenment?"... No... If a holy one of perfected enlightenment said to himself "such am I [a holy one of perfected enlightenment]" he would partake of the idea of an ego entity, a personality, a being, or a separated individuality....

Good thing this Sutra was written after Buddha's death, or it would be very embarrassing for the Buddha. Unless of course the meaning isn't literal, but what are the chances?

I am talking about healing open wounds with bare hands as well as performing surgery on patients with bare hands.

Are you saying that there is no master on earth who can do that?

I haven't seen it. I do believe such things are possible and if I was interested in developing that kind of power, I know how to begin without going to the Himalayas.

You have already shown you do not know about such masters yet you can go around implying that the Himalayas is full of scam artists?

Such arrogance!

You didn't show that you know such masters either, remember? You just made a bunch of statements. How about this? Move to Himalayas and once you're there, send us a note when you see a master meditate in boiling oil with you own eyes. Stick your finger in the oil to make sure it's the real deal.

Secondly, just because someone has this kind of power doesn't mean they have compassion or kindness. Such a person can easily be abusive and temperamental toward you. Such a person can easily decide not to teach you anything, or to teach you a distorted filtration of the true knowledge. People with big powers are often those who crave power, and as it happens, the percentage of decent people among those is small. I'm not saying every powerful being is an ass, but I am saying it's a risky game. I am also saying, if you're willing to put up the risk, it's better to bet on yourself than on others.

Your arrogance is showing once again. How do you know what I know? How do you know what kind of wisdom and protection I possess?

I don't know anything with complete certainty. However I have a good idea just by listening to you talk here.

Do you think that I am revealing everything about myself in just a few posts?

You're not necessarily revealing all there is to know about you, but you are revealing something of yourself, yes.

trust you? lol.. to say that he is a scam artist when everybody can see he is not.. i.e. meditating for long periods of time w/o food and water..

only a fool would trust you i think..

I had a feeling you were one of the handlers or associates of that kid who's coming here to drum up more tourism, and to get more marks to move down to India. I'm not saying that's exactly what you are, but that's the thought that crossed my mind. Either that, or you're a blind fool.

yes buddha boy is scamming a few dollars off people.. what a great sin..

In scams like these usually a handler or an associate will receive most of the money.

he has never forced people to pay him.. they do it of their own accord..

All the good scams work this way. If you had to force people to pay, it would not be very efficient. You'd need an army of paid thugs to do that, so your revenue better cover your expenses then.

what his handlers/helpers are doing have no connection to what he is doing or what he is..

We disagree on this one.

I think you can pretty much do nothing to prevent me from moving to the Himalayas..

Nor can anyone else on Earth prevent me from moving to the Himalayas for that matter..

One of the biggest "gold" that weigh us down is pride and arrogance. And you have displayed plenty of that in this forum.

I am moving to the Himalayas to conduct a siege..

Any fool who thinks he is strong enough to "influence" me in the future is very welcome to try to slug it out with me in the Himalayas..

Just a tip though.. the highest spiritual being in the universe has his home base in the himalayas..

and coincidentally, I am the spiritual son of that specific spiritual being..

do you think you or anyone else still have a flea's chance of stopping me? Can't you even feel the energy in these posts of mine?

If you don't even have basic reading comprehension, then you have no hope of developing higher powers. Go to Himalayas by all means. Just don't say I didn't warn you, and do tell us about your (mis)adventures.

Edited by goldisheavy

This is perfect Cat! Exactly the example necessary to make clear that just because Ralis practiced Buddhism at some point in his life, and mulled around the teachings a bit, had various experiences with certain beings that called themselves Buddhist, that doesn't mean that his experience of it is the definitive factor for all Buddhists to pranam to.

Sorry Ralis, just because you've been to Buddhism, doesn't mean you understood it. :lol:

• Like 1

This is perfect Cat! Exactly the example necessary to make clear that just because Ralis practiced Buddhism at some point in his life, and mulled around the teachings a bit, had various experiences with certain beings that called themselves Buddhist, that doesn't mean that his experience of it is the definitive factor for all Buddhists to pranam to.

Sorry Ralis, just because you've been to Buddhism, doesn't mean you understood it. :lol:

Actually I do understand it. That doesn't mean I agree with every point of it.

@ BoL

All your language is combative and driven by comparing yourself to "others"--a good sign of insecurity and enlarged ego, same things really.

• Like 1

I am moving to the Himalayas to conduct a siege..

Any fool who thinks he is strong enough to "influence" me in the future is very welcome to try to slug it out with me in the Himalayas..

Just a tip though.. the highest spiritual being in the universe has his home base in the himalayas..

and coincidentally, I am the spiritual son of that specific spiritual being..

Good luck, God Bless, let us know how it goes.

Michael

• Like 1

@ BoL

All your language is combative and driven by comparing yourself to "others"--a good sign of insecurity and enlarged ego, same things really.

Handled well, it's a good drive to achieve much and to develop oneself far.

(Haven't seen you post in a while - how are you keeping btw? Trust all is well with you.

So so. There are some good things and some not so good things hehe, just like with any other person I guess. I hope you're well too. :)

Have you been on retreat or something?

I wish... But no such luck. There just hasn't been much here that I was interested in enough to participate in a discussion.

Good luck to BOL. He just needs to remember that non-attachment means neither craving NOR rejecting. Neither pulling in nor pushing away. Neither indulging in the samsaric world nor escaping it - but remaining true & unaffected by it. It means accepting all equally with zero preference.

So so. There are some good things and some not so good things hehe, just like with any other person I guess. I hope you're well too. :)

:) Thank you, Pero.

My 2nd fear for BoL is that he'd have the chance to apprentice himself to a high master in Tibet, find out, (to his horror) the guy couldn't fly, or teleport, and walk away from the chance to study with a real master and head out to a remote mountain where he'll die quickly from the elements.

Michael

BodyofLight,

Here's a few clips you should really watch:

This guy has lots of cultivation, and speaks openly about his mistaken desires to go to the Himalayas. I think he has achieved much more on his own, than holed up in a cave reciting mantras with that hermit. That having been said however, I think he needed to make the journey to shatter his illusions. Om the other hand, maybe you will find what you are looking for. Would you be content to spend the rest of your life sitting in a cave reciting mantras? Or are you looking for a guru that will teach you how to develop siddhis?

• Like 1

A couple more videos from Doloma. Please watch them Bodyoflight:

Does this sound familiar? It sounds almost identical to what you have been stating.

• Like 3

Good luck to BOL. He just needs to remember that non-attachment means neither craving NOR rejecting. Neither pulling in nor pushing away. Neither indulging in the samsaric world nor escaping it - but remaining true & unaffected by it. It means accepting all equally with zero preference.

That path is one of no creativity and leads to a life of numb passivity!

In terms of that world view, nothing matters; if there are wars or not, if children go hungry or not, etc. etc. That view is not compassionate.

Edited by ralis

A couple more videos from Doloma. Please watch them Bodyoflight:

Does this sound familiar? It sounds almost identical to what you have been stating.

Those videos are great. Thanks for posting them Oolong Rabbit.