Hey all

I compiled part of this book I picked up for $1 a number of years ago called: "Magic Minerals: Key to Better Health" by Carlson Wade, 1967.

Minerals are very important for gland function, gland function is very important for hormone balance, and hormone balance is very important for spiritual, mental, and physical well being.

Another cool thing about glands is they all line up with the Chakras.

So, I thought this would be of interest to people here for various reasons

The following are my rough notes on how to nourish the glands. The book does not mention anything about the Chakras but I noticed on my own that each one lined up to

a different chakra.

To keep things short and useful, I just put in the mineral rich food sources that supply the needed minerals, plus the vitamins that need to be activated by these minerals for each gland.

Some important things to note here.

Calcium is one of the hardest minerals to obtain and should be in balance with phosphorus at a *2 Calcium to 1 Phosphorus ratio.*

The Cal:Phos balance is required for proper calcium absorption.

The best way to ensure that you are balancing your Calcium intake against the extra phosphorus (mushrooms have a 1C:6Ph ratio, corn 1C:12Ph, bananas 1:3, brocolli 1:1.6)

is by eating hearty leafy green vegetables such as Collard, Kale, and Cabbage, and to limit sugar intake.

Vitamins need minerals to activate them. Microwaving and cooking foods and "washing down" meals during digestion reduces mineral content. Sugar and white flour destroys minerals. Caffeine should be moderate or less.

Root vegetables, hearty leafy greens, and sunflower seeds are most important for a balance of minerals + many vitamins. Exercise, blood cirulation, etc. are also important for the circulation of minerals through the body to the glands and then for hormone functions.

So here 'tis.

1st Chakra / Sex Glands

Ovaries: Minerals from root and green vegetables + vitamin E (Millet)

Male Sex Glands: Zinc, B complex, and C

2nd Chakra / Pancrease / Insulin

Sunflower seeds, peanut, molasses, leafy greens B1, B2, B3(Niacin), B6, B5

3rd Chakras/ Adrenal Glands / Adreneline

B5 activated by balanced minerals in root and leafy greens(kale, collard, cabbage)

4th Chakra / Thymus / white blood cells, regulates minerals

balanced minerals with B complex + C + protein

(mentions Ghandi ate mostly dates and goats milk which provide this well)

5th Chakra / Parathyroids / regulates calcium to long bones and takes calcium from them to meet important[stressful] mental or physical tasks

Calcium, Phosphorus, A + D

Iodine is important for the thyroid (different gland in the same place, regulates metabolism and other regulatory jobs) but too much can lead to hyper thyroid disorder

The only things I've read that reduces thyroid function is that millet has something in it which mildly suppresses thyroid function.

The thyroid is a very tricky gland so don't mess around with it without directions from a qualified Naturopathic Doctor (which I am not).

edit: note that the Calcium needed for the parathyroids also strengthens the nerves and is taken from the bones during high stress situations when the adrenal glands might also be activated

6th Chakra / Pituitary:

Potassium, Phosphorus, A & C

The pituitary releases 12 different hormones which span regulating blood pressure to strengthening nerves, to feeling strong and ambitious in general.

Where to find the vitamins:

B1: green peas, sunflowers seeds, beans , whole grains, nuts

B2: leafy greens, avocado, beans peas

B5: Sunflower seeds, leafy greens, avocado, peanuts, whole grains

B6: Avocado, banana, unpeeled potatoe, sunflower, whole grains, spinach, brocolli, carrots

B3: Peanuts, whole grains, asparagus

vitamin D: fortified soy milk, salmon + Tuna

vitamin E: sunflower seeds, Almonds, peanut

vitamin A: carrot juice, sweet potatoe, pumpkin, leafy greens, spinach

Zinc: wheat bran, yeast, cacao powder, peanuts, cheese, eggs

harder to find minerals:

Potassium: sunflower seeds, soy, tomatoe, apricots

Calcium: (in order) Turnip greens, mustard greens, Chines cabbage, Kale, broccoli leaves, oranges, broccoli stems, spinach

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

1st chakra:

men:

Tongkat ali - MAJOR one, most awesome. Very good for the balls.

Eucommia bark -very good one, opens up and warms lower burner (heals genitals)

Women:

Dhong quai (balancer)

Chaste berry (balancer)

Both:

Deer antler velvet (kidneys specifically) - so maybe second chakra..

2nd chakra:

Cinnamon - increases insulin sensitivity - may also open the 4th chakra.. seems to make me more emotional/caring and feeling

Astragalus - ?? heals lungs though as well..

3rd chakra:

maca root - maybe 5th chakra

milk thistle(liver cleansing)

Dandelion root

4th, Heart chakra:

5th chakra:

Kelp, iodine

6th chakra:

ayahuasca

Melatonin? - supposedly created by the pineal gland

There is tons more...

John

4th, Heart chakra:

He Shou Wu

He Shou Wu has been found to enhance fundamental immunological functions in mammals. It increases the weight of mouse thymus gland, delays the glands atrophy process, and rejuvenates the thymus.

Through shamatha the thymus can also be strengthened and its rejuvenating nectar released. The thymus is a double-lobed, butterfly-shaped endocrine gland that overlaps the upper portion of the heart. In ancient Greece, before Christianity, the thymus was reported to have been larger than the heart. In today's cerebral-centric cultures, the thymus atrophies (around puberty) to the size of a quarter, or less.

No wonder Heart-Mind is so elusive,...if the vibrational field around the thymos is unable to flutter. Anyway,...He Shou Wu has worked for me. In the second month of use (1500mg twice a day), I began to feel rushes of oxytocin-like hormones from my chest several times per day. I attribute that to the rejuvenation,...but have not yet convinced my Endocrinologist to order a test.

V

Edited by Vmarco