Sign in to follow this  
Aetherous

Seth Ananda needing to be banned

Is posting private discussions without mutual permission allowed at this forum?

I am really wondering...is this going to be allowed here?

Please DO NOT post Private Messages, usually refered to as PM's

It's about both, as well as fairness in moderation.

o.k. because I do care about someone getting genuinely hurt by an attack on them, trying to help sort it all out, and helping everyone move forward.

• Like 1

Please DO NOT post Private Messages, usually refered to as PM's

Sunya already has, twice now. What will be done regarding that?

Nothing?

Then it's allowed at this forum.

This is besides his insults directed at me in this thread...four of them currently. Why is no action being taken?

And about Seth, and his ~29 insults directed at me.

No action there yet? Why not?

Just because there isn't a decision RIGHT NOW doesnt mean nothing is/might/will happen.

^ I'd refrain from that if at all possible as it will only make things worse IMO.

Listening involves me not talking, but I've a questions.

what IS this issue REALLY all about here?

"breaking the rules"

or

"Someone getting genuinely hurt by an attack on them, where they would like some help to sort it out, so that everyone can move on"

Because this entire pattern has occured before...

It is happening now, it has happened before, it will surely happen again ... unless ... ;)

So let's talk about outcomes here shall we??

Seth Ananda has blatantly violated the no insult policy we are all basically agreeing is a consensus standard of behavior. That one is a no-brainer IMO, 7-day suspension.

Scotty is being confrontational and argumentative, but YES there is nothing "wrong" with that, in fact having passionate debates is what TTBs is all about. But I am going to ask you a straight question Scotty, is there a way to get your message across, to have your debate, without causing such a disturbance in the forum?

And this is for everyone involved in this...

Please each and everyone of you go read this thread and please reflect on how well you are adhering to these guidelines:

Guidelines for Taoist-Buddhist Dialog

:D

• Like 4

But I am going to ask you a straight question Scotty, is there a way to get your message across, to have your debate, without causing such a disturbance in the forum?

Yes...never say anything potentially negative about Buddhism. In fact, avoid the subject and the people who wish to discuss it completely!

:lol:

Seth Ananda has blatantly violated the no insult policy we are all basically agreeing is a consensus standard of behavior. That one is a no-brainer IMO, 7-day suspension.

Sunya, too.

Yes...never say anything potentially negative about Buddhism. In fact, avoid the subject and the people who wish to discuss it completely!

Actually many of us Buddhists would love to have a calm and intelligent discussion with you, but the issue is that you don't seem to be capable of that.

Sunya, too.

You're really that obsessed with revenge, eh? Need to punish me that bad? Then you'll feel better? Doesn't sound very enlightened of you. You just sound like someone whose pride has been hurt. If you don't want to read my pseudo-Buddhist nonsense, you can simply block me. It's the same as banning me basically.

And the reason why I'm still here and "won't leave you alone" is because I see you acting like a victim here and you seem so blind to the fact that you acted very disrespectfully and brought all this upon yourself. Seth was out of line, and I'm not justifying his behavior, but you're not a victim here Scott.

• Like 1

Scotty, you're scavenging for reasons to get sunya banned and it's really obvious. This stuff is blatantly frivolous. You want to threaten a copyright violation because he posted a message you sent him? Seriously. People are not as blind as you might think them to be, and it's not hard to see that this just juvenile. You started a "my dad can beat up your dad" contest and it ended like it started. That's how karma works. You would have seen the karmic ripple effect that would cause and not pushed it (wu wei) if you didn't want the battle you're in. Your Enlightened attitude ought to wu wei itself out of this conflict........

It's obvious to everyone except him. I don't get how someone can be so blind to their actions/emotions? Especially someone so interested in spiritual/personal development. Oh well...

• Like 3

Why don't we all just try to be nice even if we totally disagree with another member?

Why so many emotions on the internet? Sheeezzzee!!!!!

Moderation

Seth, the insults are not ok ... it's basic, respect the other members here. Report problem posts.

Regardless of what you think of the moderators and our views. We are here to sort out disputes as best we can. We don't want members attacking each other.

As well as blatantly hurting Scotty, you have also exhibited this sort of "I just can't help myself" behavior before. It's really not helpful.

You are suspended from posting for 7 days.

Scotty.

I'm really sorry you were attacked on TTB.

I'm sure these following days have been even more bewildering as to what the delay was.

I've probably burnt all my bridges with you but people here really are trying to help. You know what I generally hear? I've known Scotty on TTB for a long time, and I'm concerned for his welfare now.

Because we also hear members saying "we are being bullied" and a common denominator in those reports is "we are being bullied by Scotty."

Your behavior has been deliberately provocative. For some reason you can't see it, or you don't want to see it. But it's happening again and again.

You are suspended from posting for 7 days.

We are handing out short posting suspensions here, not death penalties. While there is ongoing discussion between moderators and the possibility of further action/changes etc.

Right now we hope this will be enough to help people move forward, as always I encourage feedback.

• Like 5

Mal,

I am absolutely enraged by this decision on behalf of the moderators here. This is no understatement...I am fucking enraged.

I've been suspended for the same amount of time as a person who posted 29 clear insults, for being "provocative"?

I know that my posts here have been "provocative". There is nothing wrong with that, and I did not deserve ANY suspension. I am telling you to immediately lift this bullshit suspension.

All the while, Sunya's 4 clear insults in this thread have been completely ignored. WHY?

Why is the moderation team suspending a person who doesn't deserve it, and not taking action against those who do?

Also, why have I been suspended for the same amount of time as Seth...who posted 29 clear insults, where I have said NONE.

You moderators are supposed to look into the issue, and see if what people are reporting is true. If someone is being called a bully, SEE IF THEY ARE ACTUALLY BULLYING. I wasn't. In fact it was the reverse...the Buddhist brigade has been bullying me. Another member in this thread called it a lynch mob...correctly so.

Also, yes I created this new screenname, and I will continue to do so because your moderation decisions are absolutley fucking worthless in my view.

Your actions have not helped me to move forward whatsoever. In fact, they are only pissing me off and further bewildering me. You didn't burn the bridge previously, but now you have. FUCK YOU MAL, AND FUCK THE REST OF THE MODERATORS WHO DECIDED THIS. You are all fucking idiots and deserve to be removed from your positions of power.

• Like 1

Also, consider how this decision makes the Buddhist brigade look here.

The moderators are sympathetic with a group of people who harass, defame and insult others? People who ruin the quality of this forum?

This act of yours is not going to make anything move forward. It's going to make shit worse!

And yeah I insulted the moderators here by calling you (at least the ones who decided this) idiots.

That is one insult which was WELL deserved. Savor it.

Your actions have not helped me to move forward whatsoever. In fact, they are only pissing me off and further bewildering me. You didn't burn the bridge previously, but now you have. FUCK YOU MAL, AND FUCK THE REST OF THE MODERATORS WHO DECIDED THIS. You are all fucking idiots and deserve to be removed from your positions of power.

It's a 7 day suspension not the end of the world, so why not try to get that in perspective. You clearly have no respect for other posters, especially the mod team, and what this place is and how it is run.

• Like 2

So that's an excuse for suspending someone for NO reason. "It's not the end of the world". That's your reasoning...that I should just take it?

Of course it's not the end of the world. It's just the end of my respect for you.

And I do have respect for other posters and this place...my discussions are most often directly on topic and useful...but yeah, not at all for the mod team at this point. Nor for the Buddhist brigade who felt the need to harass, defame and insult me...then get away with it.

How about you copy and paste ONE instance of something I said which deserved suspension. How about you write clearly how it violates a rule or policy here.

Just one.

Then I'll respect the decision.

Until then, fuck you personally, "Apech".

Edited by scotty2000

How about you copy and paste ONE instance of something I said which deserved suspension. How about you write clearly how it violates a rule or policy here.

Just one.

Until then, fuck you personally, "Apech".

Thanks.

Mal,

I am absolutely enraged by this decision on behalf of the moderators here. This is no understatement...I am fucking enraged.

I can see that.... which is why we think some time away from TTB will be helpful.

• Like 5

Yeah, me being pissed that I've been suspended for nothing is after the fact. If you hadn't done it, I wouldn't need time away.

And yes, I am welcome here, Apech. Once again, fuck you personally.

Well ... twice in one afternoon is my limit for being fucked.

Scotty2000 should not be posting here because as Scotty he is suspended for 7 days. For this reason and not for the personal abuse (before, during or after the fact) I am banning permanently the username Scotty2000.

• Like 6

Just one.

Fuck you again, and again (4 times now), Apech...for supporting the decision to suspend someone for no reason besides the fact that you don't like them.

And Sunya is still not suspended for his 4 direct insults in this very thread.

FUCK YOU again (5).