Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

Real levitating buddhist monk?

So um yeah in the past i have kind of been in a fight with my rational mind and my spiritual mind. See i want to believe in siddhis and such but where is the proof. I mean i have seen some videos witch i thought were realy only to later learn that they are fake case in poin the russian pyro guy. So tonight i am crusing youtube and see a documentary done by the discovery channel on a nepalis buddhist monk who can levitate.

The full documentary

the part where the monk levitates.

I would normaly ask if you think it is really but i dont really feel it is righth at this time mabye just enjoy th edocumentary.

Thanks

Not satisfied with the wonders you're experiencing right now? The rational mind is a miracle. The intuitive is beyond description.

If there are levitating monks they probably don't care much about levitation per se, it's more like a byproduct of the fullness of their Qi.

Would the realized recommend you spend so much your time on the youtube searching for proof? Maybe someone would tell you to travel wide and far and see for your self. Others might tell you to quiet down and experience the miracle that is consciousness. Once you accumulate enough power it will start demanding your full attention and the needs of your logic-craving mind will evaporate :)

• Like 2

I hear, faith based on emotion is foolishness and faith based on emotion and experience is wisdom

Good consideration. But I think you didn't go far enough. I would like it to read:

... and faith based on logic and experience is wisdon.

Our emotions play some pretty nasty tricks on us when we don't attend to logic.

Edited by Marblehead

Good consideration. But I think you didn't go far enough. I would like it to read:

Also, emotions can be easily manipulated. Logic has the tendency to be more "solid" and less easy to be manipulated. At least that's what I believe based on experience from watching my thoughts and emotions. It's amazing what you can find from this simple practice ;)

-Astral

The full documentary

the part where the monk levitates.
Lol, obviously faked, although I did enjoy the whole exotic travelogue narrative. :D

Especially how he managed to work in the whole Blair Witch/Texas Chainsaw Massacre angle...in a storyline centering around a devout Tibetan Buddhist monk! :lol:

Magic is all about the presentation and setup, and I think he certainly did an admirable, creative job with this one!

Edited by vortex

mewtwo, I too love going on the you tube sometimes and find all sorts of things.

Yes that was obviously fake.

Hello Marblehead! :)

And you didnt seem to go deep enough .

Faith based on logic and expirience is wise. But faith based on intuition is wisdom.

Logic is great , but it is still a tool .

Intuition is like switched on state of being(according to me, wouldnt be suprised if anyone has different ideas).

Edited by suninmyeyes

Hello Marblehead! :)

And you didnt seem to go deep enough .

Faith based on logic and expirience is wise. But faith based on intuition is wisdom.

Logic is great , but it is still a tool .

Intuition is like switched on state of being(according to me, wouldnt be suprised if anyone has different ideas).

I have had women tell me that before. Hehehe. (Sorry, well, no I'm not. Hehehe.)

And I would have to agree with you. Hard to beat that good old intuition. But 'good old intuition' comes with time, after many experiences and judgements made based in logic.

Edited by Marblehead

I have had women tell me that before. Hehehe. (Sorry, well, no I'm not. Hehehe.)

And I would have to agree with you. Hard to beat that good old intuition. But 'good old intuition' comes with time, after many experiences and judgements made based in logic.

Well, I hope you took their advice and improved your skill tiger. :lol:

You are also right it comes after many judgments based on logic,being rational.

Or as it is with a lot of the women by relating to situations and ideas, being relational. Relting is a very powerful tool which has become very rusty in recent time and it shows very clearly in the world affairs today.

Edited by suninmyeyes

Or as it is with a lot of the women by relating to situations and ideas, being relational. Relting is a very powerful tool which has become very rusty in recent time and it shows very clearly in the world affairs today.

Yes, I listened and learned better ways.

Uh-Hum. (Stop being silly Marbles.)

Agree with the above. How we relate to and with our conditions, with other people, etc, is very important and I think this too is a learned process.

And yes, I think that a lot of relating now-a-days is superficial, plastic, not genuine. I think technology is fostering this.

Saw an article, think it was NY Times that stated that internet communications is filled with meanness. There are those who are mean on the internet and they do it because they can get away with it. Most likely wouldn't be that way but then it could be fostering that type of behavior in real life as well.

Now, I wonder if we can get this thread back to talking about levitating Buddhist Monks. Hehehe.

If there are levitating monks they probably don't care much about levitation per se, it's more like a byproduct of the fullness of their Qi.

This is relevant. We need not be focused so much on the siddhis, powers, supernatural abilities, or paranormal activity of reality.

Just breathe.

Sign in to follow this