Lao Tzu

Meditation is not a good way for practising

First you belittle LZ in two posts and then later in the same day use him as your poster child to support your ideas because 'it came out from another native'? That's quite good manipulation skills.

What you fail to see is that you use the same ploy in the past: To say you have the singular correct way and everyone else is wrong (and that it is because the westerner's have it wrong). At least LZ has come around to modify what he means and answers questions asked of him. His admits his english is lacking but at least he is not trying to create two sides and then playing a game of pandering to both sides.

Time yet again to call BS on what your doing on this site with your games.

I think you have an emotional problem. You still don't know what is going on, do you....???

Edited by ChiDragon

I think you have an emotional problem. You still don't know what is going on, do you....???

I see your games going on. Some of them you intentionally continue, like meaninglessly typing exclamation and question marks in triplicate; these are emotional markers for typing; these are not normal. You have been told more than once but want to continue this way of typing to set yourself apart. I know you like this kind of attention; You came here for it.

• Like 1

............................what?? :)

eggzachary... ??? ...!!!

Maybe we could call this the 'King of Chi' typing method... get it... ???

• Like 1

eggzachary... ??? ...!!!

Maybe we could call this the 'King of Chi' typing method... get it... ???

Very interesting...!!! It was so relevant to the subject being discussed. I'm glad that you had found a flaw...... :o:)

Very interesting...!!! It was so relevant to the subject being discussed. I'm glad that you had found a flaw...... :o:)

Yes... because another flaw in your M.O. is that you like the last word... so I knew you would be back to continue the idiotic manner of communicating. Hope your enjoying your attention. You've earned it.

• Like 3

IMO ... meditation is simply stopping time to watch. it need only be 5 minutes.

the only thing required is to be aware.

if you're able to be silent and aware for 5 minutes, you have meditated.

sure, you are free apply more techniques and make it more complex but as for definition it is simple.

are you able to sit in one spot for 5 minutes? ..

Edited by robaire

IMO ... meditation is simply stopping time to watch. it need only be 5 minutes.

the only thing required is to be aware.

if you're able to be silent and aware for 5 minutes, you have meditated.

sure, you are free apply more techniques and make it more complex but as for definition it is simple.

are you able to sit in one spot for 5 minutes? ..

I think that was called cultivation of the mind and your patience.

I think that was called cultivation of the mind and your patience.

True, but I also call it meditation.

"if you're able to be silent ..." and especially allow the mind to be silent.

True, but I also call it meditation.

"if you're able to be silent ..." and especially allow the mind to be silent.

Meditation is only part of the cultivation of the mind. Cultivating the mind is, also, to find all the legitimate reasons to substantiate all the principles to avoid any confusion and free of any disturbance. So, the mind shall be cleared in the first place in order to be silenced. If the mind was perturbed, blurry, foggy, indistinct, or uncertain, then it needs more cultivation then meditation...:)

Besides the logical reasoning, in addition, cultivation of the mind is to suppress one's temperamental nature to a state of tranquility.

Edited by ChiDragon

Yep, that's good, deep meditation. Likely has had a lot of practice with its method.

I heard that at the sixth can you reach enlightenment, I wonder if there's a way to debunk this...

I heard that at the sixth can you reach enlightenment, I wonder if there's a way to debunk this...

Hehehe. You know me, I don't even know what enlightenment is.

Hehehe. You know me, I don't even know what enlightenment is.

You could become immortal and live until you figure out what all the fuss is about

You could become immortal and live until you figure out what all the fuss is about

I doubt those two were even trying to figure anything out. They were just being.

I doubt those two were even trying to figure anything out. They were just being.

People take a lot of time from their lives to try to figure life out while cats are just

People take a lot of time from their lives to try to figure life out while cats are just

Yeah but humans have the ability for self reflection which cats don't have, which suggests to me there is a purpose for this. To "know thyself" is the aim of most genuine spiritual systems since the saying was enscribed on the Delphi temple and probably before, how to go about doing this is the issue. If you spend you life like a cat I don't know if you will ever know thyself.

Yeah but humans have the ability for self reflection which cats don't have, which suggests to me there is a purpose for this. To "know thyself" is the aim of most genuine spiritual systems since the saying was enscribed on the Delphi temple and probably before, how to go about doing this is the issue. If you spend you life like a cat I don't know if you will ever know thyself.

But then we should ask ourself: Does it really matter?

I think we need to continually work to know ourselves otherwise we stagnate which leads to suffering.

I agree. We pick our nose but not sure there is a great reason to ponder it... there would be too many things to suggest which have arisen in only man. So how does one prioritize which are to be focused on? Or just drop the idea to 'prioritize'...

Humans: aaaaaa what is the meaning of life, enlightenment, the works of the universe, oh the mystery and divinityyyyyyy

Cats:

can't sleep because of some frigin oranges

I think we need to continually work to know ourselves otherwise we stagnate which leads to suffering.

I agree. We pick our nose but not sure there is a great reason to ponder it... there would be too many things to suggest which have arisen in only man. So how does one prioritize which are to be focused on? Or just drop the idea to 'prioritize'...

Nice responses, both.

You do know I can't supply any answer that would be valid for anyone except myself, right?

I agree, we do need continually work our brain else it will die.

Prioritize? Hum. I think I do a fairly good job at that in my life but then I don't feel that "my way" would be the best for others.

There's really not a lot that really matters to me, but for those things that do, they matter a lot and I will always do my best whenever I am working at those things.

I guess, in this case, things that matter, less is better.