Owledge

3rd eye/crown opening - how are effects affected by other chakras' state?

From my current understanding and common recommendation, the third eye (or crown?) region should not be opened too much early on.

Secondary question: Might third eye and crown be confused a lot of the time? Aren't higher states of consciousness through an opened third eye totally dependant on the crown being opened, too?

Now how would an opening like that be different for someone where the lower chakras need some work conpared to someone where they are on the same level of development?

And what chakra is most important for balancing out that state? Is it the heart? Or is balance of all chakras more important?

I'm asking because I'm suspecting that my head chakras are too open or too energetic. My magnetic energy feeling according to the Kunlun system's Red Phoenix 1 have somewhat increased in strength since my ayahuasca experiences, but they are there a lot more often now. The problem is that my 'DMT adventures' ended in front of a tough fear-barrier that seemed impassable right now, but during sleep, it seems as if DMT trips tend to start by themselves. I had two/three different kinds of experiences like that, both times woke up very quickly, and afterwards I have the same mix of emotional symptoms that I'd really like to confine to deliberate DMT ingestions, because they're mostly fear. The first time I was mostly freaked out, but the second time memories of my ayahuasca trips came back, of total dissolution of reality, you know, the kind that spoils the fun of life. You could say, I concentrated hard on forgetting as quickly as possible. Although that scare had the same effect of a life-affirming boost as my ayahuasca trips had, staying with that memory would not be productive, or at least not bearable.

Oh, and most recently, I had that feeling of sickness/poisoning with slightly shaking body parts - pretty much like the experience I had with low DMT levels. (Including very little appetite after experiences.) That state, by itself, gave me a strong conviction that I need grounding,grounding,grounding, in the hope that this will bring the energy out of my head, but I'm not sure it works that way. All I can say is that if I'm meditating on my lower dan tien, this could even increase the magnetic energy feeling in the head.

I know what the DMT is trying to do: It wants to work on a root chakra issue. But the freakout factor is too destructive, so now I'm doing grounding so that the issue can be healed in a softer way, but finding opportunities for that is a bit difficult sometimes.

related current post of mine:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/23900-kunlun-red-phoenix-1-feeling-should-it-fade/

EDIT: Please keep your writings down-to-earth if possible. Even reading 'higher-up' stuff makes me uncomfortable. Please no philosophical stuff or ideas.

Edited by Owledge

Root chakra is very important, it has the power to affect all the chakras above it

It's like directing chi to the second chakra so it could spread throughout your body

Root has the power of letting go, that's why you poop out of your butt :lol:, when it's strong it can help you with all the negative things your body needs to get rid off

So when something bad happens somewhere up there, you can just shake it off

Eat bananas and don't forget to poop!

All I can say is that if I'm meditating on my lower dan tien, this could even increase the magnetic energy feeling in the head.

I have the same feeling in my head. It tingles quite a bit, but during meditation or sleep it intensifies and starts to sting almost. I made a thread about it "Too much energy in the head" and a lot of people recommend grounding it. However, this didn't work for me and only increased the pain. You can't seem to ignore it, but you can allow it and go with the flow.

In my opinion, for whatever it is worth. It might be the beginning of a kundalini awakening, or what most people are just referring to as the "awakening". The side-effects you described are similar.

2. Tons of energy on the crown or brow
  3. Sickness
  4. shaking body parts

I heard this may last for several months and in that time it may mature even more. You might start getting dizzy and feel various energy bursts of pain or pleasure.

Apparently, a lot of people are going through this and some already have went through this. Most notably, the famous spiritual teacher Krishnamurti was reported to have sharp pains around his neck and head, fell ill, and was delirious/joyfully child-like blissful for a couple weeks. He called this his "spiritual awakening".

Edited by Rokazulu

Sorry in advance that I won't be able to help more with this post, but from experience, 'grounding' energy if it's 'too far up' involved switching to a heavier diet, increasing physical activity/exercise and a lot of drawing attention down below LDT. At the time it was out the bottom of the feet.

I also used MCO as a catch-all (tongue up) and belly-breathing to get through the fear/abject terror. Does it help if I say 'this too shall pass'?

I reckon this would be worth getting your system's teacher or advanced student on email about.

• Like 2

Hi Owledge,

First of all cant you contact the shaman you were taking ayuscha with somehow and discuss how you feel?

To answer some of your post:

'Now how would an opening like that be different for someone where the lower chakras need some work conpared to someone where they are on the same level of development?

And what chakra is most important for balancing out that state? Is it the heart? Or is balance of all chakras more important?'

This all depends on a person as everyone has different emotional/psychological make up, acordingly one needs to adress different issues which may corespond to different chakras. I would say that keeping the heart 'polished' has capacity to sort everything out and this is one of the reasons why many schools do orientate on heart predominatley.

As the Sufi saying goes'opening the eyes of the heart'.

It seems however as if you already have the knowing of what needs to be brought up to light and adressedin your process :'a tough fear barrier'.

It wants release .

The way I deal with my issues is by energetic practises, meditation , maybe some physiacal excersise if needed and by asking similar questions:

What is the fear made of emotionally, energetically, or even physiacaly?

Where does it come from? Is this fear mine?

Do I need to act upon it?etc..

Dealing with ones own fear is very grounding and fundamental,as the pshychic block in the stomach gets dissolved and energy circulation changes. Mind ,energy and breath are very closley related.

Passing through this 'gate'is not to be understimated.

Dont know wherther that helps at all, hopefully you will get some sort of answer/inspiration that resonates with you from someone.

Wishing you best.

Why bananas?

They're good for you, I'm not a big fan of bananas but I always have them around, and they're a great food for your body I hear

What is the fear made of emotionally, energetically, or even physiacaly?

Where does it come from? Is this fear mine?

Do I need to act upon it?etc..

Dealing with ones own fear is very grounding and fundamental,as the pshychic block in the stomach gets dissolved and energy circulation changes. Mind ,energy and breath are very closley related.

Passing through this 'gate'is not to be understimated.

The problem I'm trying to point out is that currently that barrier is too big of a chunk. I don't have the strong foundation that gives me the courage to break through. I mean, I already have one additional fear now - the fear of not being able to slow it down and thus get even more imbalanced. I might be mistaken, dunno, but I feel I need to put it on the backburner and dissolve it with love instead of brute force. And if I gain trust that the process will go slow enough so that I am able to function normally, I can more easily give in to it. Also, I've had enough hardcore suffering lately - 3 ayahuasca ceremonies plus mapacho detox. I'm really yearning for some enjoyment for balancing it out. I know as a fact that those can have a great constructive impact on me, despite my issues.

Thanks for reminding me to contact my shaman! Good idea! Forgot about that.

I also used MCO as a catch-all (tongue up) and belly-breathing to get through the fear/abject terror. Does it help if I say 'this too shall pass'?

In case my writings to suninmyeyes don't make this question not applicable anymore: Could you explain in more detail how it helped you and how the process went and what happened?

Heavier diet might be a good and easy remedy, but - especially when it's dark outside - I tend to have very little appetite, and eating heavy stuff might make the feeling worse.

Edited by Owledge

The problem I'm trying to point out is that currently that barrier is too big of a chunk. I don't have the strong foundation that gives me the courage to break through. I mean, I already have one additional fear now - the fear of not being able to slow it down and thus get even more imbalanced. I might be mistaken, dunno, but I feel I need to put it on the backburner and dissolve it with love instead of brute force. And if I gain trust that the process will go slow enough so that I am able to function normally, I can more easily give in to it. Also, I've had enough hardcore suffering lately - 3 ayahuasca ceremonies plus mapacho detox. I'm really yearning for some enjoyment for balancing it out. I know as a fact that those can have a great constructive impact on me, despite my issues.

Thanks for reminding me to contact my shaman! Good idea! Forgot about that.

In case my writings to suninmyeyes don't make this question not applicable anymore: Could you explain in more detail how it helped you and how the process went and what happened?

Heavier diet might be a good and easy remedy, but - especially when it's dark outside - I tend to have very little appetite, and eating heavy stuff might make the feeling worse.

Abject terror was a feeling I went through a couple of times. Not to be confused with panic. MCO seemed to dissipate the intensity of whatever I was feeling or smooth it out wherever the energy was 'stuck' - although now I wonder if it wasn't more my attention that was stuck, anyway, that bit of theory might or might not help in the middle of it.

The 'tongue-up' thing was recommended by Santiago at KAP and I've since read it multiple times. When I didn't do it a couple of times I got 'sparks coming off my tongue" (this is what it felt like, I'm not saying there were actual sparks anyone who might have been there could see). I used it like a 'safety' with the intent that things would go well if I did so. You can wonder later whether I'd just convinced myself with this technique, but there's a lot to be said for convincing oneself in the midst of terror that all will be well.

The belly-breathing was just to avoid hyperventilation/panic. Also a good 'place' to hold attention if your thoughts are going haywire IME.

Heavier diet, just seemed to dampen the energy. Which is/was fine by me. If it doesn't work for you, something else will. Ah, just popped into my head the special Ayahausca diet but I think it's to facilitate absorption of the substances. Definitely would go ask the shaman.

• Like 1

MCO seemed to dissipate the intensity of whatever I was feeling or smooth it out wherever the energy was 'stuck' - although now I wonder if it wasn't more my attention that was stuck, anyway, that bit of theory might or might not help in the middle of it.

Yeah, I noticed that issue. There is a difference between having awareness in the lower dan tien and directing the mind's eye into it. The latter is no good.

From my current understanding and common recommendation, the third eye (or crown?) region should not be opened too much early on.

Secondary question: Might third eye and crown be confused a lot of the time? Aren't higher states of consciousness through an opened third eye totally dependant on the crown being opened, too?

Now how would an opening like that be different for someone where the lower chakras need some work conpared to someone where they are on the same level of development?

And what chakra is most important for balancing out that state? Is it the heart? Or is balance of all chakras more important?

I'm asking because I'm suspecting that my head chakras are too open or too energetic. My magnetic energy feeling according to the Kunlun system's Red Phoenix 1 have somewhat increased in strength since my ayahuasca experiences, but they are there a lot more often now. The problem is that my 'DMT adventures' ended in front of a tough fear-barrier that seemed impassable right now, but during sleep, it seems as if DMT trips tend to start by themselves. I had two/three different kinds of experiences like that, both times woke up very quickly, and afterwards I have the same mix of emotional symptoms that I'd really like to confine to deliberate DMT ingestions, because they're mostly fear. The first time I was mostly freaked out, but the second time memories of my ayahuasca trips came back, of total dissolution of reality, you know, the kind that spoils the fun of life. You could say, I concentrated hard on forgetting as quickly as possible. Although that scare had the same effect of a life-affirming boost as my ayahuasca trips had, staying with that memory would not be productive, or at least not bearable.

Oh, and most recently, I had that feeling of sickness/poisoning with slightly shaking body parts - pretty much like the experience I had with low DMT levels. (Including very little appetite after experiences.) That state, by itself, gave me a strong conviction that I need grounding,grounding,grounding, in the hope that this will bring the energy out of my head, but I'm not sure it works that way. All I can say is that if I'm meditating on my lower dan tien, this could even increase the magnetic energy feeling in the head.

I know what the DMT is trying to do: It wants to work on a root chakra issue. But the freakout factor is too destructive, so now I'm doing grounding so that the issue can be healed in a softer way, but finding opportunities for that is a bit difficult sometimes.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/23900-kunlun-red-phoenix-1-feeling-should-it-fade/

EDIT: Please keep your writings down-to-earth if possible. Even reading 'higher-up' stuff makes me uncomfortable. Please no philosophical stuff or ideas.

Ideas:

Do some shaking, feel the bones drop and catch.

Walk slowly and loosen your hips and shoulders.

Breath with the belly.

Breath into the legs, hips and lower belly, in and out of your feet.

when meditating, close your eyes and look downards, it helps focus into the physical.

Massage your feet and legs, slowly, and feel the nerves within your legs and feet.

Good luck.

Edited by Mokona
  • Like 1

I have the same feeling in my head. It tingles quite a bit, but during meditation or sleep it intensifies and starts to sting almost. I made a thread about it "Too much energy in the head" and a lot of people recommend grounding it. However, this didn't work for me and only increased the pain. You can't seem to ignore it, but you can allow it and go with the flow.

Yep, The next step for owledge imo is to find the center of the brain where the energy will coalesce as one activating the third eye.

The third eye connects the left hemisphere (logic) with the right hemisphere (creativity). If the energy seems scattered about through the head, bring it to the center, until you notice the tingling in the third eye.

Crown isn't necessarily the same as the rest of the chakra's, in that it is more like a portal, and is one of the last ones to realize. From that comes celestial or preheavenly chi, which comes from projecting "up" from the third eye to complete the circuit, at which point you will get chi flowing through you body and will be able to feel it unmistakeably and even get physical evidence of its passing in the form of "goosebumps"

Like some said that heart or rejuvenation center is a good next step after activating the third eye. There are various practices from metta to inner smile which attempt to guide and explain this phenomena. The heart is loving energy and used for healing and corresponds to the thymus gland. So one you have a central focus of the third eye, you can use both aspects of the brain to shift focus of awareness to the thymus, then to switch the control from autonomous to manual when you choose.

First is to find the center of the brain, utilizing both creativity and logic as one, which will also help to provide the intuition needed to guide you along. There is also a possible conflict and physical blockage in many areas that has to do with pineal calcification from using fluoride.

http://www.naturalnews.com/026364_fluoride_pineal_gland_sodium.html

Happy trails!

Also it is not the tingling that goes to the thymus, it is there awareness of the tingling. Like you are going to it.

That which happens at one part of the spiritual valley is more important than what happens at another ;) Center more important than periphery.

Yes, dissolving with love sounds like a right antidote. Love is the best weapon , nothing can resist it.

Just talking from personal expirience when I did looong and intense reterat some years back and had strong intuitive opening is that it was very important for me to be slow, incredible torough and honest and nurturing towards myself .

As well as understanding: what is it that I want and am I ready to accept. Intention.

I will never forget words of one of my teachers . It was one of those things said at the right time in the right space. He is a a martial artist and a total guys guy - very masculine so this was unexpected, well he saw and sensed my battle,unability to deal with ceratin issue at the time and said:

'You have to love the wholeof yourself.' As in this is what it boils down to at the end if you want truly peaceful existance.

http://www.thetaobum...should-it-fade/

Define freak-out. Irrational fear or anxiety is associated with what in Ayurveda is called "Vata" (or wind) imbalance. To regulate that, spend your hours in a simple manner, eat vata pacifying food --

• Eat larger quantities of food, but not more than you can digest easily.
  • Dairy. All dairy products pacify Vata. Always boil milk before you drink it, and drink it warm. Don't drink milk with a full meal.
  • Sweeteners. All sweeteners are good (in moderation) for pacifying Vata.
  • Grains. Rice and wheat are very good. Reduce intake of barley, corn, millet, buckwheat, rye and oats.
  • Fruits. Favor sweet, sour, or heavy fruits, such as oranges, bananas, avocados, grapes, cherries, peaches, melons, berries, plums, pineapples, mangos and papayas. Reduce dry or light fruits such as apples, pears, pomegranates, cranberries, and dried fruits.
  • Vegetables. Beets, cucumbers, carrots, asparagus and sweet potatoes are good. They should be cooked, not raw. The following vegetables are acceptable in moderate quantities if they are cooked, especially with Ghee or oil and Vata reducing spices: peas, green leafy vegetables, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, zucchini and potatoes. It's better to avoid sprouts and cabbage.
  • Spices. Cardamom, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, salt, cloves, mustard seed and small quantities of black pepper are acceptable.
  • All nuts are good.
  • Beans. Reduce all beans, except for tofu and mung dahl.
  • Oils. All oils reduce Vata.

Also, avoid extremely cold or hot weather, drink room-temperature water...plenty of water. Do gentle stretches etc. Ghee is clarified butter (you can find it at any indian grocery store) and it is great for regulating vata.

Back off from doing energetic cultivation, your body needs to get used to dealing with the energy first. Do some standing meditation, focus on your LDT and bubbling wells...try and release energetic build-ups into the earth (but don't overdo it).

And stop intellectualizing so much...don't give a crap about "which chakra, what effect, etc". Too much intellectualizing moves energy into the head. Walk a lot (don't run)...maybe 3-4 miles a day.

Go to bed early -- easy to sleep well if you are physically tired.

Good luck!

PS. Don't be too hard on yourself. Usually when you churn in the deepest recesses of your being, crap that has fallen to the bottom tends to surface. Recognizing the crap for what it really is (CRAP) and letting go of it (ie not obsess with it) will help you get through it. I still have residual effects of this that started 3-4 years ago. Just be patient and try not to be self-obsessed.

Edited by dwai
  • Like 3

Reckon Dwai is also a good teacher. Sorry for the n00b judgement Dwai but I did reckon your suggestions were good.

So lucky on TTbs to have so many good folks!

• Like 1

Owled, from my experience the head is just one big chakra, its enormous, and what we have done is broken it down into parts, namely the Crown and the Third Eye. Inside the head is this enormous network of nerve cells, a bundle or 'ganglion' of nerves, all firing like crazy communicating with the rest of the body, it is of course our brain, the Central Nervous System or CNS. The CNS is so vital to our existence that it is generally protected from over charging by our natural tendency to be in our body, to enjoy being physical and doing things physically. It is placed on the top of our body so it doesn't get over heated when we play or work and pass out.

Unfortunately in todays world we tend to spend a lot of time in our heads, thinking, worrying, planning, TV, music etc. but little time relaxing, calming and being at peace with ourselves. Being at peace with oneself is important, it promotes calm states and ensures that the CNS remains at peace too.

Meditation is an incredibly healthy exercise for the mind and the body, deep states of relaxation encourage the body to heal and the chi to flow smoothly and harmoniously through the body. Bringing the mind to focus on specific parts of the body will naturally increase that body part's blood volume, slightly increase the blood pressure at that site too, the temperature will slightly rise and that part of the body will become a bit more energised - in short it becomes 'aroused'.

However, there is a fly in the ointment here, if you focus on an energy centre, those sites where a ganglion of nerves exist, like the chakras, but especially the head, then that ganglion will also become engorged with blood, increased blood pressure and increased temperature. We can stimulate these ganglion / chakras by meditating on them, but if they are not all that ready/healthy then they will become irritated, inflamed, hyper-aroused and can trigger anxiety and panic attacks.

Arousing the head chakras is like playing with fire, it will burn you if you hadn't already put in place some basic safety procedures. By safety procedures I mean the ability to ground excess chi.

Traditionally the master would never encourage a novice to open their head chakras without years of practice grounding out through their feet and the ability to centre their chi at the dan tien. Fortunately herein lies some advice for anyone who plays with fire, earth it. For some more detailed explanation, go see my thread on staying out of the head - good luck.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/23883-warning-stay-out-of-your-head/

Astralc

• Like 1

Reckon Dwai is also a good teacher. Sorry for the n00b judgement Dwai but I did reckon your suggestions were good.

So lucky on TTbs to have so many good folks!

I'd much rather be a good student K...

May I also add that I've read somewhere that certain *plants* tend to cause inflammation in the body. That would result in pains in meridians too (and blockages that will cause energy to stagnate in certain ones -- like stomach, gall bladder).

Why need to trigger things with plants...better to be patient and let nature take her course. Follow the Way and the way will reveal itself... (special note for Owledge)

Edited by dwai