Sign in to follow this  
sean

Did the Chinese discover America?

Via Did the Chinese discover America?

In his new book, "1421: The Year China Discovered America" (William Morrow), Gavin Menzies claims that a massive Chinese fleet of huge junks and support ships made a two-year circumnavigation of the globe, with extensive exploration of the Americas, nearly a century before Magellan and Columbus.

Needless to say, his assertion has raised an international flurry of debate.

The book has already garnered mixed reviews from the British media, as well as skeptical articles from The New York Times Magazine and Salon.com.

Menzies is unfazed by the reviews. Indeed, even he was surprised at the results of his research, he said in an interview in the New York offices of his American publisher, Morrow.

Read full article

• Like 2

I believe there may have actually been a few pre-Columbian Chinese migration waves to the Americas - perhaps the legendary "Fu Sang."

In 1972 the late Dr. Hendon M. Harris, Jr. made a startling discovery. While searching for Chinese collectables he came across an ancient Asian map book containing a world map showing a land mass labeled "Fu Sang" to the east of China, land that we today call America.

coversmall.jpg

Recent research on DNA and on the method of the Indians arrival to America support what Dr. Harris taught - Chinese came early and they came by sea.

Just google "Olmec jade masks" and see what you find:

250px-Olmec_mask_at_Met.jpg

Or "Olmec figurines" and you will find Asian-looking dudes in asana-like poses:

Statuette3.jpg250px-The_Wrestler_(Olmec)_by_DeLange.jpg250px-Olmec_Figurine.jpg

olmec-man.jpgp29-2.gif

In fact, some inscriptions on Olmec jades found at La Venta appear to show some correlation to Shang Dynasty writing:

BuriedCeremony1.jpg

This exhibit, known as Offering No. 4, was found at La Venta in 1955, and comprises 15 human figures about six inches tall, carved from jade or serpentine, and arranged in a half-circle facing a figure carved from red sandstone.

Behind the red figure are six jade "celts" (polished, chisel-shaped implements), on which incised symbols or writing are faintly discernible.

"Oh, I can see what's written on that one," Chen Hanping called out in surprise.

"It says: 'The ruler and his chieftains establish the foundation for a kingdom.'" On another of the celts they could faintly make out "12 generations." Could this refer to the 12 Shang kings who ruled from the time when Pan Geng moved his capital from Shandong to Yin in He'nan, to when the Shang was destroyed by the Zhou? Might these really be ritual objects of a lost group of Shang people who had fled to the New World?

Edited by vortex

Now, compare these pics:

yi1.jpgyiwomanmarrflower.jpg

182404.jpg

ladies_with_Llama.jpg

31765.jpglocal-children-in-traditional-dress.jpg

Some of these are SW Chinese Yi minority - the others are Peruvian Incas. But interestingly, both of their traditional garb is basically dark fabrics with very bright embroidery...and funny hats. :P

Mere coincidence? Or something more...?

Edited by vortex

interesting stuff. i have read the Menzies book and find it very informative. he refers to a previous journey to North America by one man before the great fleets in his book. i can't recall the name of the person he refers to,

but there is at least one other book which alludes to this person from China who arrived in North America. in his book "Great Explorations" Amundsen refers to this same person as teaching the Aleut natives on a particular western Aleutian Island a form of acupuncture. also, i recall he mentions a native group in British Columbia (Hiada?) who, in one of their traditional songs use a line which is a direct quote from a buddhist chant.

Amundsen also alludes to the same stories as Menzies that this same person is part of Southwest native lore.

all in all, Menzies book is amazingly researched and i personally believe in the premise he put forth in his book.

the previous post shows some more proof of that. remember, the Viking saga of Vinland was dismissed for eons

before the discovery at L'ance aux Meadows.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this