Adam West

Dr. Jerry Alan Johnson and Taoist Magic.

I read the Min Tzu book, seems to be a lot of information that coincides with the daoist magic books.

I dont know, I guess I will find out when I meet him. :huh:

Prior to training and going through intitiation in Longhushan within Communist China he was a private student of the previous Celestial Master who was apointed by the Emporer not the current Government.

Wow :)

May we know who this emperor-appointed Celestial Master would be and where was he located when Dr. Johnson studied with him ?

TIA

YM

So, lets say for example, I myself studied under the guy who had to abdicate... what would that mean for me?

The Celestial Masters line moved to Taiwan in 1949 with their 63th Lineage Holder Zhang Enpu. So from then on Mainland China DID NOT have a standard bearer of that line, which traditionally is passed to the (first) son of the original Zhang family since the times of the Founder Zhang Daoling.

Zhang Enpu died in Taiwan in 1969 and the title passed on to Zhang Yuanxian where it remained until his passing last year (there were issues raised about this passage too, but I'll leave that to another time).

In China in the meantime, after the opening of the early 80ies, the Government couldn't accept that the actual Zhang family emigrated to Taiwan so after a number of ups and downs 'another' 64th was nominated i.e. Zhang Jindao. Zhang Jindao by the way was not even a 'direct' descendant as the tradition requires but a family member on a daugher side, and in fact he had to change his original family name to Zhang in order to finally be recognized.

Needless to say, his position was mainly a political one.

When Zhang Yuanxian passed away last year there was a lot of discussion about descendancy, as Yuanxian did not have any son but only a daughter. The discussion went on for a while to see whether the thousand-years old tradition could be changed to allow for a female Standard Bearer. Now, recently, this news about this other person who apparently managed to get the two sides happy and actually tries to take Yuanxian's place ...

YM

• Thanks 1

He talks about the One-Ten meditation in one of his books and gives no instruction. If anyone knows this and would be willing to share, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

ralis

He talks about the One-Ten meditation in one of his books and gives no instruction. If anyone knows this and would be willing to share, it would be appreciated.

You can find the instructions here:

One Through Ten Meditation

I think it is also a bonus on the DVD version of his "Chi Kung: The Healing Workout" video (I have the VHS). This is one of my favorite qigong videos, with a really good sequence of movements and good production values.

Ha!! I found this thread! Thanks google. Okay, well, as informative as this is, I would be very thankful if some more people could (PLEASE!!) share their thoughts on Dr. Jerry alan Johnson, his books, and personal experiences. And on how (and where) to learn what he has taught, either through him, or his students.

Basically anything relevant.

Nate

Guest sykkelpump

You can find the instructions here:

One Through Ten Meditation

I think it is also a bonus on the DVD version of his "Chi Kung: The Healing Workout" video (I have the VHS). This is one of my favorite qigong videos, with a really good sequence of movements and good production values.

guided meditations like this looks good.but thats all.it want fill up your dan tien,open mco etc.it is not so easy.

guided meditations like this looks good.but thats all.it want fill up your dan tien,open mco etc.it is not so easy.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Could you clarify?

Can i take advantage of the opportunity and say that i would like to offer my copy of Doaist weather magic by Jerry Alan Johnson. I would like to ask $35 USD for it and $2.50 for worldwide shipping. It's in like new condition. I can take paypal.

Guest sykkelpump

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Could you clarify?

i am saying guided meditations wont do much for you.but I see on the top of the site,it is meant as a preparation exercise before chi kung.imo that is the only thing you can use guided meditations for

Can i take advantage of the opportunity and say that i would like to offer my copy of Doaist weather magic by Jerry Alan Johnson. I would like to ask $35 USD for it and $2.50 for worldwide shipping. It's in like new condition. I can take paypal.

Hi Froggie,

My name is Aries from Indonesia. I saw your post that you want to sell a COPY book written by Dr. Jerry Alan Johnson titled: Daoist Weather Magic. I am interested to buy it, can I know how many total price including shipping cost to Indonesia? I also have a Paypal account so I can send money directly into your account. Thank you for ur answer. I'll look forward from u.

My email: [email protected]

i am saying guided meditations wont do much for you.but I see on the top of the site,it is meant as a preparation exercise before chi kung.imo that is the only thing you can use guided meditations for

i know this is an old post and everything, but whatever. better late than never. :lol:

sounds to me like you've got some very specific ideas about the concept of "guided meditation," as if they are all created equal. i assure you this is not the case. perhaps the most obvious example would be the practice of gTummo, a similar aspect of which is evident in JAJ's 1-10 practice. but gTummo certainly counts as a "guided" meditation, and i would argue that it most definitely CAN do much for you.

there are guided meditations designed to gather energy and the lower, middle, and upper dantiens as well. if the hsing qi principle that energy follows thought holds true, then certainly the skillful use of the mind can be a powerful ally in cultivation.

personally, i tend towards emptiness and non-visualization types of practices, but i do appreciate their efficacy.

Hi Froggie,

My name is Aries from Indonesia. I saw your post that you want to sell a COPY book written by Dr. Jerry Alan Johnson titled: Daoist Weather Magic. I am interested to buy it, can I know how many total price including shipping cost to Indonesia? I also have a Paypal account so I can send money directly into your account. Thank you for ur answer. I'll look forward from u.

My email: [email protected]

he was selling that book back in February. i would be surprised if he still had it. you might want to send him a private message to make sure he gets it.

Sykklepump,

I am a practitioner of Dr. Johnson's Medical Qigong (MQG)System although not a student of Dr. Johnson himself. The 1-10 Meditation is indeed taught as a guided meditation but later it is practiced without a guide. It is used as a preparation for MQG treatments however, it can also be used for much more than that. It is an excellent grounding exercise, which is it's main purpose in MQG treatment preparation. It also includes the Microcosmic Orbit (MCO)practice. The MCO is one step in the guided meditation, however when practicing by one's self, one can stop at that step and concentrate on the MCO and make that the main focus of the practice. The final step of the 1-10 has you merge with the Wuji and you can spend as much time as you want with this Wuwei practice so that it becomes an emptiness and non-visualization meditation. Depending on one's intention, the 1-10 can be used to both tonify and regulate the 3 Dantians, the Microcosmic and the Macrocosmic Orbits. Practiced properly, it can be a very complete meditation system. I find more levels and versitility the more I practice it. The guiding is a great way to learn and practice the exercise at the same time. Once you remember all the steps, there is no need for guidance anymore. Anyone interested can purchase a CD with the meditation here. The CD is produced by my teacher, Francesca Ferrari and is all you need in order to learn and practice the meditation.

Hello kimliong,

Sorry that you may have been ripped off. Did you know that you can buy Dr. Johnson's books directly from him? See this web site:

http://www.daoistmagic.com/catalog.php

Hi Dainin,

Thank you for the information. Next, I will buy directly on the website.

I would like to thank the generosity member of thetaobums who has provided the right solution. Hopefully this forum will further promote Daoisme worldwide.

Warmest Regards,

Aries