Pero

Stand with Tibet

Genocide took place during those invasions, but I guess for some people it's still ok to do it now because "it was done in the past". And maybe because the US did something, it's ok now for everyone else to do it too. Actually I think I've read exactly this kind of excuse a couple of times online.

Another ridicoulous excuse people use is that Tibet had slavery or something similar before Chinese occupation as if that makes it alright to invade and kill people. But well of course, it's no different from what the US did, after all, they "freed" the Iraqis...

And isn't it funny that Tibetans would rather go back to the so called "slavery" than be under CCP rule?

Video of Tibetans droping like flies when passing through the mountains and hundreds of thousands of Tibetan refugees - all western propaganda right?

To what should I "free" my mind to? To CCP party lines, "Tibet was, is and always will be a part of China", "Tibet was freed from the crule rule of the aristocrates" etc.?

"A lie repeated a hundred times becomes the truth" - Mao Zedong

Well at least you agree that the invasion was because of greed and power.

And who ever said that China is to be blamed for everything that's "wrong" in the world?

Its unfortunate that its happening all over the place by so many different governments. The only concern here is that life is being abused on both sides. Hopefully one of them, or both of them, would stop the ignorance...

Once the greed is surpassed, then people would wake up.

Well sadly I think there's not much hope for this to happen. "New agers" often talk how things are going better all the time or that the "golden age" is coming or some nonsense like that, but really it's getting worse.

Well sadly I think there's not much hope for this to happen. "New agers" often talk how things are going better all the time or that the "golden age" is coming or some nonsense like that, but really it's getting worse.

Indeed it is so. Yet there are "two" sides in this. Right now, we are immersing in Yin; destruction and hopelessness...yet there are those with peace, patience and wisdom working their way through it all, helping others- Yang. A little bit of Yang in Yin..haha

Because living beings hold on to their emotions and desires, they will always be on this wheel of duality. It is thus the process of karma. If we worry too much we join the suffering masses, if we care too little, we are still joining the suffering masses.

It is such that we can un-biasely investigate history, lead peaceful lives in our hearts and with our family and friends, be models of virtue and moral, so at least we have planted the seeds for later generations.

That golden age from newagers would never come with their views and habits. The golden age is here now, just as long as we live that peace in our hearts and mind, and live the example of it. If we practice proper teachings, then the times are proper. It may be relative on one end, but it isn't dependent of the causes and conditions of living beings.

It is the Thus-Nature that is neither peaceful nor not peaceful. That is the middle ground, but it bares no direction.

Peace,

Lin

I was just informed that the letter from the Japanese Sangha came from Shosyazan Engyoji Temple of Japan,

the same temple where they filmed the movie "The Last Samurai".

Some of the response to their letter was edited to read:

"Are you foolish children who absorb what the media offers as if it were the truth? Or are you just seeking publicity because there are no motion picture companies to fill your coffers at this time?"

The full letter, edited and prepared properly, can be read at:

http://www.mahabodhi.net/docs/041608.htm

Just for the record, its not about what China is and isn't doing, but its about human rights in all places of the world that aren't being given to millions and millions of people. Tibet gets the most exposure because the DL has money from all corners of the world. Tibetan Buddhism is probably the most financially rich sects of Buddhism today due to the taking refuge with the teacher of the sect, which is not in line with proper Buddhist teachings by the way.

China is wrong, yet right. The west is the same, and so are the Tibetans...why? Karma. It will continue this way until they all change their views, behavior and habits. Until it changes, all we can do is educate ourselves with un biased material, cultivate proper teachings, and be an example of wholesomeness for society, help society where we are, and if we travel to places of need, then we are in those places.

Yet, if we are not in the places of need, then we are not needed there at the time. We can only help those around us, and exxtend our services to those who have the ability to accept help. Non-emotional compassion. This means not discriminating against who should have what and when. Help both sides of the coin be better people. That is high virtue, especially when it is difficult to embody.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

**Repeat** You need to free your mind and get over this propaganda that you have been fed....

Well, likewise. Except for the anger part. I'd be lying if I said that it doesn't upset me on occasion, but I am hardly angry much.

I am asking why do they judge China and get so angry, when the same thing has happened all over the world, throughout history, and much closer to home, yet they CHOOSE to villify China only

Oh it is a good point, and I thought how hypocritical we are.

All invasions could be classed as, or involve some kind of "genocide". I don't hear the term used much in other incidents, though. "You" freely use this term to try to add some emotive rage to your post.

I'm not the only one who uses the term in regards to Chinese occupation of Tibet.

Conditions were not "idylic" pre-Chinese invasion. Though I would not go so far as to offer it as an excuse for any invasion. Like I said before...invasions happen for greed and power. No need to butter things up. The propaganda that you has been fed is that Tibet was a paradise before China came along, to try to get some more emotion from you.

Oh really? I don't recall myself ever saying such a thing. Conditions certainly aren't idylic now.

...and does that include the ethnic Chinese that are living in Tibet, now? Do they not have a say as well?

You mean the Chinese that were moved there after the invasion... Well since they're there now I guess you can't just send them back.

The older Tibetans are saying that life was better before.

Yep, that sucks, but the propaganda is in how and why this information is used. Did you actually read any of the letter in Lin's post?

Soldiers killing civilians who are running away and the refugees is pretty much plain and simple. Not sure why you ask but actually I have, I just don't agree with a lot of it.

Yes...

:rolleyes:

My anger? LOL... You make it sound like I'm angry all the time or something like that.

I think that you are too angry and manipulated by the propaganda/indoctrination that you have been exposed to. I don't think that you would ever benefit from such a comprehensive reponse. I just won't bother trying to explain things to you again.

LOL, ok.

Tibet gets the most exposure because the DL has money from all corners of the world.

No, Tibet is getting exposure now because the riots started when Olympics are held in China. I'm pretty sure that a year before that, Tibet wasn't in the minds of most people at all (myself included).

Tibetan Buddhism is probably the most financially rich sects of Buddhism today due to the taking refuge with the teacher of the sect, which is not in line with proper Buddhist teachings by the way.

I don't know about rich part (probably true I guess), but taking refuge in the teacher doesn't contradict Buddhist teachings. And you see, this is why I think you have an aversion towards Tibetan Buddhism, you just haven't studied it and then come to believe things like this and human sacrifices and what not (you didn't post that, it was in the articles).

Well anyway, I'll be pretty much offline for the next week or so, so maybe we'll continue this discussion later (or not haha).

No, Tibet is getting exposure now because the riots started when Olympics are held in China. I'm pretty sure that a year before that, Tibet wasn't in the minds of most people at all (myself included).

I don't know about rich part (probably true I guess), but taking refuge in the teacher doesn't contradict Buddhist teachings. And you see, this is why I think you have an aversion towards Tibetan Buddhism, you just haven't studied it and then come to believe things like this and human sacrifices and what not (you didn't post that, it was in the articles).

Well anyway, I'll be pretty much offline for the next week or so, so maybe we'll continue this discussion later (or not haha).

:)

In the Tibetan tradition it is to take refuge with the teacher, then the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha. I don't have an aversion, only that some things aren't riding in line with the Buddha Dharma.

Human sacrifices..lol now now, lets not get involved with that discussion.. :D

What is interesting to know, is that the Dalai Lama and a few of his people's stated before the Olympic relay began that they believe something is going to happen. And then.. BANG! how well the protests were organized in a short time. It is possible, just possible, that something was brewing.

I do not support China, or any government for that matter, killing any one for any reason. I am not offering my support to the "anti" Tibetan camp, nor to my support to the pro-Tibetan one. I am simply concerned for the people getting involved on both sides and the Buddha Dharma, especially when the Sangha takes up arms and turns violent; as they did in Burma.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't want any one to be killed, but violence from any side will only create more violence.

Peace and Blessings, and enjoy your holiday from the internet :)

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

Again, another great example of Western bias that grossly-distorts the situation and omits any relevant contradictory facts, such as:

1) Sex-selective abortions have already been illegal for years now in China. Doesn't mean laws can't be broken...but I love how this fact never even gets reported, though.

2) Hepatitis-B is widespread in Asia, and may actually be a leading cause of more male babies being born. Again, this medical factor is never reported.

3) The Chinese census is notoriously inaccurate to begin with - and Chinese girl births are often unreported so that the couple can still try for a boy. Which is different than being killed. And the preference for boys being due to the fact that men are burdened with most of the responsibilities in society there - including caring for the parents when they retire. They are only so "preferred" because they are essentially slaves and 401K plans.

Now, let's examine the source of your article:

one that has caused many supporters of Israel, including me, to worry about what an Obama presidency might do to the long-term support for the Jewish State.
Ah, so our friendly neighborhood neo-cons again - the same fork-tongued warhawks who lied about OBL, "Al-Queda" and "WMDs" to get us into Iraq. No, these guys have no unethical behavior or agendas! :lol:

Look, my priorities are this:

1) See Tibet truly independent and free.

2) Rather see it in Chinese hands than

3) Neo-con NW0 hands.

Problem is, #3 sees #1 as a step closer to #3...which is why they over-simplify the conflict to #1. But the point is, the situation here is more complex than #1 alone and involves game theory between multiple agendas.

Edited by vortex

When there is a conflict (eg Tibet - China) for us to choose a side is just a sublte way to involve oneself in the conflict.

If I say i'm siding with the victim Tibet, and am opposing the perpetrator, iv'e missed the point. It's sublte, but as soon as we choose a side and become emotional, our understanding quickly becomes muddy.

It can help to see that it's not just 'victims' who are suffering, perpetrators also suffer, though it may not appear this way to us. To be hurt, one will not be in peace, to inflict hurt, is also not to be in peace. Outward conflict in any formis only a sign of inner discord.

Victim - perpetrator, winner - loser; both sides make up the conflict and hence , both are suffering, caught in karmic afflictions.

Maybe the best thing we can do is clear away all that is discordant within ourself first.

May all beings be free of the ignorance of whatever it is that causes conflict, and may all see through and be free from karmic afliction - how ever they manifest.

And, as Lin said so beautifully:

To uphold and be an example of Patience, Compassion and Wisdom.

To better our community, assist all people's indiscriminately, and offer

our skills compassionately

In the Tibetan tradition it is to take refuge with the teacher, then the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha.

The outer refuge is in the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha.

Vortex, I think you are right more or less, but I didn't say a word on Palestinians or anything else. Never said that Tibet was the only problem or whatever in the world. All what you wrote is why I dislike politics and usually don't get into it.

The outer refuge is in the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha.

Vortex, I think you are right more or less, but I didn't say a word on Palestinians or anything else. Never said that Tibet was the only problem or whatever in the world. All what you wrote is why I dislike politics and usually don't get into it.

Hi There Pero :)

I didn't realize you replied.

As for Taking Refuge, there is no outer and inner taking of refuge. There is only one literal taking of refuge, and that is with the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha. The Buddha is within, the Dharma is within, the Sangha is within.

There really is nothing else.

Peace Brother,

Lin