Gerard

The power of Internal Martial Arts

haha, that was cool but i doubt tibetan cham dances gave anything to do with martial arts in china.... But thats just me.

you'd say that until he turns around and throws a hadouken at you :lol:

I dunno, my lama in vajrayana was the abbot of a monastery and taught us some cham...

The Moral of Auntie Sharon

A teacher gave her class of 11 year olds an assignment: To get their parent to tell them a story with a moral at the end of it.

The next day the kids came back and one by one began to tell their stories.

Ashley said, 'My father's a farmer and we have a lot of egg-laying hens. One time we were taking our eggs to market in a basket on the front seat of the car when we hit a big bump in the road and all the eggs got broken.'

'What's the morale of that story?' asked the teacher.

'Don't put all your eggs in one basket!'

'Very good,' said the teacher.

Next little Sarah raised her hand and said, 'Our family are farmers too. But we raise chickens for the meat market. One day we had a dozen eggs, but when they hatched we only got ten live chicks, and the moral to this story is, 'Don't count your chickens before they're hatched'.'

'That was a fine story Sarah.'

Michael, do you have a story to share?'

'Yes. My daddy told me this story about my Aunty Sharon. Aunty Sharon was a flight engineer on a plane in the Gulf War and her plane got hit.

She had to bail out over enemy territory and all she had was a bottle of whisky, a machine gun and a machete.

She drank the whiskey on the way down so it wouldn't break and then she landed right in the middle of 100 enemy troops.

She killed seventy of them with the machine gun until she ran out of bullets.

Then she killed twenty more with the machete until the blade broke.

And then she killed the last ten with her bare hands.'

'Good heavens,' said the horrified teacher, 'what kind of moral did your daddy tell you from that horrible story?'

'Stay the FUCK away from Aunty Sharon when she's been drinking.'

I've just started reading Relaxing Into Your Being - excellent book!

I practice a system that has fire and water elements but is definitely, fundamentally fire oriented (Kun Lun Xian Zong Pai).

The information about dissolving practice is wonderful and the book is very well written.

Bravo Bruce!

I'm theorizing that IMA are basically useless until you have opened your microcosmic orbit...and not very effective until you've opened your macrocosmic orbit too?

Master Ma. The way he teaches his students is very traditional in that he does not teach them much untill they have opened the Small Heavenly Circle. To speed up the opening the students are required to abstain from sex.
Anyone agree?

Otherwise, you can sit there and "relax" all you want, but without being full of qi to "inflate" your loose limbs...they will just be limp & weak. Yes?

Greetings..

...they will just be limp & weak. Yes?

Usually, no.. Taiji is first and foremost "of the Mind".. until you choose your path 'with your mind', control your training 'with your mind', experience the truths 'with your mind'... there is no Taiji for you.. it all begins with the mind.. cultivation, MCO, abstinence, FaJing, form, fighting, ALL of it.. begins in the 'mind'.. abstinence is not necessary at all, discipline and training are essential.. discipline and training can lead to a healthy, happy, and enduring sex life without loss of jing..

Be well..

Greetings..

Usually, no.. Taiji is first and foremost "of the Mind".. until you choose your path 'with your mind', control your training 'with your mind', experience the truths 'with your mind'... there is no Taiji for you.. it all begins with the mind.. cultivation, MCO, abstinence, FaJing, form, fighting, ALL of it.. begins in the 'mind'.. abstinence is not necessary at all, discipline and training are essential.. discipline and training can lead to a healthy, happy, and enduring sex life without loss of jing..

Be well..

Taiji sucks!!

Bagua Rules!!!

:)

Email me with your links plz Bob :)

I'm theorizing that IMA are basically useless until you have opened your microcosmic orbit...and not very effective until you've opened your macrocosmic orbit too?Anyone agree?

I'm going to disagree.

If you don't believe in qi, taiji is nothing more than extremely subtle and efficient movement, control of center of gravity, sensitivity, and timing.

If you do believe in qi, then the fact that you are alive means you have qi flowing, which means you can learn to harness that qi to improve your martial arts, regardless of whether you have the MCO open or not (though again, you'd have energy flowing through it at least a little bit whether you try to or not by virtue of being alive).

I know the microcosmic orbit is a big step in qigong and overall energy work but..... I just don't see why so many people place such a huge deal on it.

Taiji sucks!!

Bagua Rules!!!

:)

Taiji soaks with qi the tendons

Bagua squeeze the qi out of tendons

Both are great and should be practiced symbiotically