Ya Mu

Chinese Taoist Medicine & Stillness-Movement Medical Qigong

Hi there Michael,

I was curious about the effectiveness :

Using only Qigong.

Using only Tao Medicine.

Comparing those two in time to threat, the lasting.

And how many reptition.

Take near sightness (My favourite one, still haunting me.Even if I have cut it 50% down)

Cheers,

Q

Taoist Medicine is a specialized treatment subset of Medical Qigong.

When one is a healer, he chooses whatever tool needed for any particular task. In many cases, wai qi liao fa and Taoist Medicine techniques are utilized together. IN other cases we may choose to do one or the other.

It is really impossible to compare any particular technique in the way you are asking. No two headaches are the same - no two knee pains are the same - ALL folks are different. All situations are different.

• Like 1

Hi Ya Mu,

Let me just say great work and I am extremely excited to one day join your certification program. I just have a few questions.

I have always had a deep passion in helping people and believe I have found my true calling in oriental healing. Right now I am planning on going to a good TCM school (specifically Five Branches in Santa Cruz) and getting a masters degree in TCM. This program includes required qigong courses and offers an optional 176 hour medical qigong certificate program that takes you through 4 levels of medical qigong and includes clinical practice. Would doing all this be a very good foundation for your 500 hour certification program? Am I right when I say this is the hierarchy of oriental healing ability, 1. physical acupuncture and TCM theory 2. Medical Qigong 3. Taoist Medicine.

First one should have knowledge of the 1 before going on to 2 and then finally learning 3.

My reasoning behind getting the degree from the TCM would be to get a good foundation for oriental healing, and to have an actual degree that people could trust. Did most of your serious students for the program already come with a degree or background in TCM or other healing art? I just feel one reason I would need the Acupuncture degree is because it would give me more credibility as a healer to the more average looking for alternative medicine.

Another question, you mentioned there is a difference between medical qigong and regular qigong for self healing. Is a strong foundation for regular qigong necessary before learning medical qigong. Or does medical qigong act as a self healing qigong as well as teaching one to heal others. I guess my question is if regular qigong( as in self healing) is the prerequisite for medical qigong( healing others), or a completely different animal, and one should begin with medical qigong if healing is their goal?

Also, do you know anything about wild goose qigong, it is another taoist branch of qigong that does not incorporate forced concentration and encourages wu wei or doing nothing to naturally create powerful qi flow. Could your system work along side this one. I am really interested in checking out your system, I actually just asked to get your book for x-mas :lol:. Who knows, maybe after I check out your system, I'll just stick to yours, is your system a complete qigong system within itself? Is the only way to learn how to do your method is by learning it through one of your workshops?

BTW do you know the next time you'll be in the calfornia area giving a workshop? Also you mentioned once that you could check if someone in your area is driving to your workshop to catch a ride with them, do you perhaps know how I could go about finding people in my area who are traveling there?

I know these are a whole lot of questons, I am grateful for any answers or comments you are willing to provide.

Thankyou

-Ben

Hi Ya Mu,

Let me just say great work and I am extremely excited to one day join your certification program. I just have a few questions.

I have always had a deep passion in helping people and believe I have found my true calling in oriental healing. Right now I am planning on going to a good TCM school (specifically Five Branches in Santa Cruz) and getting a masters degree in TCM. This program includes required qigong courses and offers an optional 176 hour medical qigong certificate program that takes you through 4 levels of medical qigong and includes clinical practice. Would doing all this be a very good foundation for your 500 hour certification program? Am I right when I say this is the hierarchy of oriental healing ability, 1. physical acupuncture and TCM theory 2. Medical Qigong 3. Taoist Medicine.

First one should have knowledge of the 1 before going on to 2 and then finally learning 3.

My reasoning behind getting the degree from the TCM would be to get a good foundation for oriental healing, and to have an actual degree that people could trust. Did most of your serious students for the program already come with a degree or background in TCM or other healing art? I just feel one reason I would need the Acupuncture degree is because it would give me more credibility as a healer to the more average looking for alternative medicine.

Another question, you mentioned there is a difference between medical qigong and regular qigong for self healing. Is a strong foundation for regular qigong necessary before learning medical qigong. Or does medical qigong act as a self healing qigong as well as teaching one to heal others. I guess my question is if regular qigong( as in self healing) is the prerequisite for medical qigong( healing others), or a completely different animal, and one should begin with medical qigong if healing is their goal?

Also, do you know anything about wild goose qigong, it is another taoist branch of qigong that does not incorporate forced concentration and encourages wu wei or doing nothing to naturally create powerful qi flow. Could your system work along side this one. I am really interested in checking out your system, I actually just asked to get your book for x-mas :lol:. Who knows, maybe after I check out your system, I'll just stick to yours, is your system a complete qigong system within itself? Is the only way to learn how to do your method is by learning it through one of your workshops?

BTW do you know the next time you'll be in the calfornia area giving a workshop? Also you mentioned once that you could check if someone in your area is driving to your workshop to catch a ride with them, do you perhaps know how I could go about finding people in my area who are traveling there?

I know these are a whole lot of questons, I am grateful for any answers or comments you are willing to provide.

Thankyou

-Ben

I will attempt to answer your questions but perhaps in random order.

I have a 500 hr program in medical qigong and it is a complete self-contained system including self-healing qigong, neigong, medical qigong, and Taoist medicine. The exception to this is usually people already have taken anatomy and physiology when they enter my program. If they haven't then college level A&P is required. In your example of attending the other school I can transfer a maximum of 200 hrs into my program.

Roger and Kumar told me to stay out of California - just kidding. I have had no one who wished to step up to the plate to sponsor a workshop there - with all the responsibilities involved - so have never taught there. I did teach in Oregon for the NQA once or twice. Taught in Colorado several times and will probably do another workshop there in the spring.

In a workshop I teach the basic Stillness-Movement but one workshop doesn't qualify one to do medical qigong.

No to your hierarchy. In fact, I find that people who have not been indoctrinated in TCM have an easier time learning Taoist Medicine; but of course this can vary. But yes, internal qigong (neigong) and medical qigong

is prerequisite. But to answer another part of your question yes, there is definitely a difference in self-healing qigong(s). Stillness-Movement neigong and medical qigong are actually part of the same system. The Stillness-Movement is what helps the medical qigong practitioner to have much ability in manipulating energy.

All practitioners of this system have outstanding result rates with their patients (clients if not a physician).

And if the above didn't cover your question about foundation; The Stillness-Movement and Gift of Tao is learned and practiced, then medical qigong and Taoist medicine is learned simultaneously at subsequent workshops.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Well I hope I can attend your next workshop and begin trying out your style. Whats your next workshop in the states? So for a workshop to be possible in california, all I need is to find a location and enough people? Is there any requirement for the type of space you can do it in, and what do you consider enough people to be worth your while? Also, do you ask a charge for coming to a workshop, and what are usually the individual prices for attending?

You say the Stillness-Movement and Gift of Tao come before medical qigong, does that mean these two practices can be considered "self help qigong" which prepares one for learning to heal others? So you say learning TCM can act to confuse one and can actually make learning your Taoist medicine more difficult. Nothing about TCM correlates to your system of healing? You do say that a prerequisite for your certification program is to take a course on the acupuncture points, I guess this is where a degree in TCM would come in handy.

So my main concern about not getting a proper degree in Acupuncture and going straight to your program would be the credibility of it to patients. just IMO, I think there may be a broader range of people who would use my services as a healer if they can see a tangible degree from a school of TCM to prove I know what I am doing. Even if your system is light years better than the washed down TCM, it still may be to exotic or esoteric for the average person seeking alternative medical help. If I had both the TCM degree and your certification training, then I feel I could be a true healer, while appealing to more people. This is just my opinion, I do not know exactly how your certification program is viewed by the medical world or common person seeking medical help. Would you say your program is taken seriously by people outside of the qigong world? Do you train many people in your program who's only holistic training has been your qigong certification, or would you say most people coming to be trained under your medical program are people who already have trained in TCM or other alternative health fields such as massage.

Well I hope I can attend your next workshop and begin trying out your style. Whats your next workshop in the states? So for a workshop to be possible in california, all I need is to find a location and enough people? Is there any requirement for the type of space you can do it in, and what do you consider enough people to be worth your while? Also, do you ask a charge for coming to a workshop, and what are usually the individual prices for attending?

You say the Stillness-Movement and Gift of Tao come before medical qigong, does that mean these two practices can be considered "self help qigong" which prepares one for learning to heal others? So you say learning TCM can act to confuse one and can actually make learning your Taoist medicine more difficult. Nothing about TCM correlates to your system of healing? You do say that a prerequisite for your certification program is to take a course on the acupuncture points, I guess this is where a degree in TCM would come in handy.

So my main concern about not getting a proper degree in Acupuncture and going straight to your program would be the credibility of it to patients. just IMO, I think there may be a broader range of people who would use my services as a healer if they can see a tangible degree from a school of TCM to prove I know what I am doing. Even if your system is light years better than the washed down TCM, it still may be to exotic or esoteric for the average person seeking alternative medical help. If I had both the TCM degree and your certification training, then I feel I could be a true healer, while appealing to more people. This is just my opinion, I do not know exactly how your certification program is viewed by the medical world or common person seeking medical help. Would you say your program is taken seriously by people outside of the qigong world? Do you train many people in your program who's only holistic training has been your qigong certification, or would you say most people coming to be trained under your medical program are people who already have trained in TCM or other alternative health fields such as massage.

Organizing a workshop takes a LOT of time & effort and follow through. I wouldn't do it unless you feel a serious desire to learn the system.

You have a valid point about credentials. Most people who enter my program are physicians, acupuncturists, nurses, massage therapists, chiropractors, etc. - but certainly not all. But be aware in some states acupuncture is limited, at least I think some states still are - do your research. Massage therapy gives a person a lot of freedom compared to other practitioners. If you are good at this and get results, you will have plenty of people coming to you. It is all about efficacy.

• Like 1

I have a great desire to learn your system, perhaps I can find my way to one of your workshops that are already scheduled. Do you have workshops every year where you are located in Missouri? I am school right now, but if you have a workshop during the summer time in the western region of America such as Colordado or Oregon, or even better California :lol:, then I could probably manage to go. If not I could possibly find a way to Missouri, it would be nice to know if there was anyone in my area who was driving there for the workshop and had an extra seat for me.

So is this a correct outline of your system: go to workshop, learn stillness qigong along with energy transmission and learn other kinds of qigong in your system. Then one has all the skills needed for personal practice in which one will cultivate chi and then at some point return to another workshop and repeat the process by fine tuning one's skills and further energy transmission.

What defines the state of progress where one is ready to begin medical qigong?

BTW when you say medical qigong, are you teaching the exact same method taught by the NQA or is your method your own taoist version? And just to clarify, the medical qigong that you teach is separate from the stillness movement and gift of Dao.

One last question, what is the usual fee for one of your workshops? Also, is there a place that you know of most people stay when going to your missouri workshop, like a cheap room nearby or something. I would assume accommodations are not provided at these workshops.

Again Thank you, I truly appreciate your help in answering my questions.

I have a great desire to learn your system, perhaps I can find my way to one of your workshops that are already scheduled. Do you have workshops every year where you are located in Missouri? I am school right now, but if you have a workshop during the summer time in the western region of America such as Colordado or Oregon, or even better California :lol:, then I could probably manage to go. If not I could possibly find a way to Missouri, it would be nice to know if there was anyone in my area who was driving there for the workshop and had an extra seat for me.

So is this a correct outline of your system: go to workshop, learn stillness qigong along with energy transmission and learn other kinds of qigong in your system. Then one has all the skills needed for personal practice in which one will cultivate chi and then at some point return to another workshop and repeat the process by fine tuning one's skills and further energy transmission.

What defines the state of progress where one is ready to begin medical qigong?

BTW when you say medical qigong, are you teaching the exact same method taught by the NQA or is your method your own taoist version? And just to clarify, the medical qigong that you teach is separate from the stillness movement and gift of Dao.

One last question, what is the usual fee for one of your workshops? Also, is there a place that you know of most people stay when going to your missouri workshop, like a cheap room nearby or something. I would assume accommodations are not provided at these workshops.

Again Thank you, I truly appreciate your help in answering my questions.

I usually schedule workshops about 2 months in advance. Usually about 4 a year in Missouri, then randomly elsewhere. You can always fly to London in January for the workshop there. :)

I am level IV certified (highest level of certification)as a teacher by the NQA. For the most part all the certified teachers teach different systems.

If you chose the massage therapy route you could be out doing healings in a little over a year. Get the license and attend as many workshops with me as you can. You would be doing a limited amount of qi projection after the 2nd workshop. Yes, we can make it happen that quick - IF you practice.

But I don't discount the value of studying herbal medicine as it is quite powerful. This is the reason I said in another thread that, if anyone chooses a TCM school, make sure it has a strong herbal medicine program. And yes, they do vary.

You could get the Gift of the Tao DVD. This way you would get started with qigong and actually have good qi development inside of 6 months (IF you practiced).

Look over my website. You should find additional info such as fees, etc. there.www.qigongamerica.com

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 1

Ya Mu,

So just from my understanding from what you have written, it seems that your Taoist medicine system is an extremely effective healing art. However, just from what you have written, it seems that your taoist method is specialized in pain, emotional and nerve treatments, and not as effective in treating other kinds of ailments. While from my understanding TCM can be used to treat just about any ailment. I guess what I am getting at is, say I receive a degree in TCM and then completely learn your Taoist healing system, is there any instance where TCM would be used instead of your Taoist method in treating someone or I could incorporate both methods. Or does your Taoist method in every way completely trump acupuncture in treating any form of ailment?

Also acupuncture is just one part of TCM, as I am sure you know there is also Moxibustion, herbology, Tui Na, and of course medical qigong.

So when you say your Taoist medicine is superior to acupuncture, do you still think having proper knowledge in the other four aspects of TCM would be beneficial in further treating people?

Or do you think the only benefit of receiving a degree of TCM would be for the credibility it would give to western patients, and perhaps the knowledge of herbs, everything else could be thrown out and replaced by your system?

I would like to get a degree in TCM but it will be hard to push through it knowing in the back of my mind the degree is all aesthetics and will simply be replaced by your Taoist Method, and by learning TCM it may only act in confusing me while I learn your system. But there are probably many acupuncturists who easily adapt to your techinque. Would you say most acupuncturists who learn your Taoist medicine encorporate in into their practice, or replace their current TCM practice with your Taoist one.

My parents thrilled that I wish to pursue a path in healing, however they feel that by receiving a degree in massage, I will be viewed as someone to go to for relaxation ,while being an acupuncturist will allow me to be viewed more as a real healer. Therefore they are strongly advising against getting the massage certification, which is also my opinion.

Hi Rainbow Vein,

Thanks for the response. Ya I can't wait till I get my chance to go to my first workshop. Where was the workshop that you went to? Are you doing Michael's 500 hour certification program?

Ya I always new that there was higher healing out there way beyond what Acupuncture can do, and I am just THRILLED because I truly believe michael is THE GUY who can get me to that higher level of healing and allow me reach my dream of becoming a perfect healer. I will see, but I am still really considering receiving a TCM to give me a solid foundation of the points, herbs and other aspects that make up TCM; and I want the credibility that comes along with being a certified professional "healer".

I Still would like to ask Michael, the question: That after I learn his Taoist Medicine, would there ever be an instance where I would incorporate TCM or does is Taoist Medicine trump all aspects of TCM. It just maybe seems to me that his Taoist method, although extremely effective, may specilize in certain areas while lack in others, while TCM as far as I know can be applied to all kinds of ailments. Basically would TCM prove to be at least somewhat beneficial to me as a healer, or would there be no need for it as Taoist medicine is all superior to it, and learning TCM would only act to confuse me and make the process of learning the Taoist medicine THAT much harder?

Hi Rainbow Vein,

Thanks for the response. Ya I can't wait till I get my chance to go to my first workshop. Where was the workshop that you went to? Are you doing Michael's 500 hour certification program?

Ya I always new that there was higher healing out there way beyond what Acupuncture can do, and I am just THRILLED because I truly believe michael is THE GUY who can get me to that higher level of healing and allow me reach my dream of becoming a perfect healer. I will see, but I am still really considering receiving a TCM to give me a solid foundation of the points, herbs and other aspects that make up TCM; and I want the credibility that comes along with being a certified professional "healer".

I Still would like to ask Michael, the question: That after I learn his Taoist Medicine, would there ever be an instance where I would incorporate TCM or does is Taoist Medicine trump all aspects of TCM. It just maybe seems to me that his Taoist method, although extremely effective, may specilize in certain areas while lack in others, while TCM as far as I know can be applied to all kinds of ailments. Basically would TCM prove to be at least somewhat beneficial to me as a healer, or would there be no need for it as Taoist medicine is all superior to it, and learning TCM would only act to confuse me and make the process of learning the Taoist medicine THAT much harder?

First of all let me address this:

My parents thrilled that I wish to pursue a path in healing, however they feel that by receiving a degree in massage, I will be viewed as someone to go to for relaxation ,while being an acupuncturist will allow me to be viewed more as a real healer. Therefore they are strongly advising against getting the massage certification, which is also my opinion.

It depends if your concerns are gaining what you and your parents consider credentialized "respectability". If that is what you desire then I would say your best bet would be to go to pre-med studies then apply to Osteopathic school. You would then have the credentials to practice medicine. At that point you could learn acupuncture, Taoist medicine, or any number of different therapeutics.

With all due respect to acupuncturists out there, who, IMO don't get the proper respect they deserve for their training time put in, what you will find in the real world is that they are NOT considered physicians and are mostly considered technicians or therapists. And of course this depends on what part of the country you are in and what country you are in. Also, pain patients are probably going to be 90% of the clients that you would see. There is nothing disrespectful about being a massage therapist as well. As I told you already, EVERYTHING depends on your efficacy. If you do not make patients happy with dynamic results then it matters not what you are. If you are a massage therapist with dynamic results I assure you that there will not be a problem in people coming to you. Same as if you are an acupuncturist with dynamic results.

Taoist medicine is NOT a pain technique. I specialize in the elimination of pain because it is desperately needed by people. But the system itself is the essence of PREVENTIVE medicine and addresses whole body harmony. I see many immune system clients. I really don't think there is any western described "disease" that I have not seen in people. But we do not care what their problem is - we just do. It is all about restoring harmony to the person body, mind and soul. We mostly work on the Shen level to accomplish this, but really address everything. Taoist medicine and medical qigong have an extremely high efficacy. The results RV mentions are typical.

In the end you should follow your heart, your true heart, not the emotional one.

• Like 2

Thank you so much Michael!

You your advice has been immensely helpful in helping me find my path. I think my "True Heart" is pushing me towards becoming certified in TCM, that is really what I truly want to do. I live in California and I think acupuncture is viewed WAY differently here than it is in Missouri. I would say the common open minded individuals here really accepts acupuncture as having benefit and many people are transitioning to alternative healing as western medicine continues to fail. It says on wikipedia (although I don't know how always accurate wikipedia can be), that a study showed in 2004 that 59% of medical doctors had at least some faith in the healing ability of acupuncture. I think we are slowly transitioning into a new age where healing such as your Taoist Healing will be the future of medicine (wouldn't that be great :lol: ). My goal is to help make this future a reality, by showing the world what it truly means to be healed. I greatly look forward to attending your workshop, by that time I probably will have over 6 months of Gift of the Tao practice under my belt :D

I just want to say keep churning out the great responses and advice that you give on this forum. If it wasn't for your involvement here, I may have never had the desire to follow your practice, so thank you.

A workshop in California would be a wonderful idea! I would definitely participate, as would several of my friends, and I'm certain we could drum up enough interest. How many people does a successful workshop entail?

I saw that you were interested in a TCM school in Santa Cruz, surfingbudda. Is that where you reside? I know Los Angeles has a fair number, some of which are well respected. I've been weighing my options as far as the healing route, as well. Ya Mu's program is incredibly enticing, but a workshop would really let us feel it out!

Hi Unmike,

Ya, I live in Los Angeles and currently go to USCS in Santa Cruz. As for TCM I am basically looking at either Five Branches in Santa Cruz and Yo San in Los Angeles. Both look like they are as good as it gets for western TCM and both incorporate all 5 aspects of TCM including a large emphasis on qigong, Five Branches even offers a 200 hour medical qigong certification course that takes one through 4 levels of healing qigong. I am really leaning towards Five Branches, just because I like the feel of it and the town of Santa Cruz, but both seem like the two best TCM I have looked into. The rest I have seen do not emphasize qigong or barely and I think qigong is the key factor to true healing, anyone can learn to put needles into someone, but without adding healing energy I think the benefits are quite subtle.

I would LOVE it if Michael could come out to California, particularly Los Angeles during mid december or during the summer because that is when I have break from school (I would be very sad if he came at a time where I couldn't go because of school). So do you live in Los Angeles? One place that would be great for one of michael's workshops is The Hub, its a very good yoga studio near my house in West LA and they are always hosting workshops there with different spiritual people, heres the website My link

We should just start planning a workshop, people in London did it so we can too. I am sure LA has enough people who would love to do this. My only request would be to please have the workshop mid december or summer because I would really love to be a part of it.

Also a good place in Santa Cruz to host it would be The Chi Center in Santa Cruz, I think they also do workshops there, or at least have many qigong teachers that teach there. heres the link for this site My link

Oh heres a link from The Hub's website, its for the option of renting one of their rooms, they have two rooms available it says for workshops, one is 950 square feet and the other is 850 sq ft. It says the price is negotiable, heres the link My link

I would just love to see this workshop become reality, maybe this summer it could happen? I don't exactly know is Michael is already booked for the next two years or something or if he just finds out a new workshop plan every year.

BTW Michael, do you ever do workshops in Santa Fe New Mexico, or anywhere in New Mexico? I have family there and my mom said if you had one there she would love to go to it, as she wants to go back and visit anyways.

I live in California and I think acupuncture is viewed WAY differently here than it is in Missouri.

Actually Missouri does have an acupuncture law. I do not know what their "prescriptive" license is.

But as far as I know, several states, such as Mississippi, would put a person in jail for practicing medicine without a license if they called themselves a physician or stuck a needle into a person, unless they are a MD or DO. Possibly now the chiropractors can do it there, with their amazingly long training of 100 - 200 hrs (many trained acupuncturists would like to insert sarcastic remark here). However, a licensed massage therapist can operate there and do Taoist medicine all day long.

Oh heres a link from The Hub's website, its for the option of renting one of their rooms, they have two rooms available it says for workshops, one is 950 square feet and the other is 850 sq ft. It says the price is negotiable, heres the link My link

I would just love to see this workshop become reality, maybe this summer it could happen? I don't exactly know is Michael is already booked for the next two years or something or if he just finds out a new workshop plan every year.

BTW Michael, do you ever do workshops in Santa Fe New Mexico, or anywhere in New Mexico? I have family there and my mom said if you had one there she would love to go to it, as she wants to go back and visit anyways.

I have had several inquiries form that area. But a workshop has not yet manifested there. It takes someone local who can do the organizing of the workshop - which is quite a lot of work and most people are unwilling to do this when they find out what all is involved.

• Like 1

This just occurred to me and I'm wondering, would your Taoist Medicine, or medical qigong have any dental applications? It would seem that by balancing out the teeth area early on, then one's teeth would naturally come in straight and in harmony. Did the Taoists place any emphasis on dental hygiene?

I have had several inquiries form that area. But a workshop has not yet manifested there. It takes someone local who can do the organizing of the workshop - which is quite a lot of work and most people are unwilling to do this when they find out what all is involved.

I highly recommend you find a small a group (spread the workload) of interested people who are willing to commit, and then organise to get Ya Mu out your way. If you are unable to go to the mountain bring the mountain closer! (not trying to say you're 'mountainous' in anyway Ya Mu :huh: )

We are organising the UK workshops so that people on this side of the big pond have the chance to meet him and experience his work.

Sometimes it can be better than waiting to see if someone else will do it. And Ya Mu is one of the easiest people I have ever worked with in regards to arranging things.

Best

Ya I've actually been talking with Ya Mu about how to start getting a workshop together and another person from this forum said they could help out and know friends who would be interested in doing a workshop. As soon as my school work dies down I'm gonna try an figure out how we can make this happen. Obviously the UK can do it, so I have faith that we can too :)

Taoist Medicine, cont. simplified case studies

Here is one from a different perspective.

Client: Me

Symptoms: Back pain aggravated by manual farm work.

Therapist: Trained initially in Taoist Medicine one month ago, but has practiced Stillness-Movement Neigong for over 3 years.

As the session began I was conversing with this therapist. As the Taoist Medicine therapy was being performed I

went into a deep trance state (this happens with everyone) and decided to quit conversing and just be. I could feel the qi moving throughout my body, going to my internal organs, to my feet, and to my hands. When I got off the table I felt absolutely no pain. Came home and did running Qigong. What a blessing!

Anyone interested in learning this amazing therapy can join us for the June 18,19,20 workshop in Springfield, Missouri.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 3

Taoist Medicine, cont. simplified case studies

Here is one from a different perspective.

Client: Me

Symptoms: Back pain aggravated by manual farm work.

Therapist: Trained initially in Taoist Medicine one month ago, but has practiced Stillness-Movement Neigong for over 3 years.

As the session began I was conversing with this therapist. As the Taoist Medicine therapy was being performed I

went into a deep trance state (this happens with everyone) and decided to quit conversing and just be. I could feel the qi moving throughout my body, going to my internal organs, to my feet, and to my hands. When I got off the table I felt absolutely no pain. Came home and did running Qigong. What a blessing!

Anyone interested in learning this amazing therapy can join us for the June 18,19,20 workshop in Springfield, Missouri.

Gonna see if i can come to that seminar. My subconscious is giving me less resistance than before. Not sure if i am qualified to do the third day though.

Gonna see if i can come to that seminar. My subconscious is giving me less resistance than before. Not sure if i am qualified to do the third day though.

Be glad to see you there. Contact me via email and we will talk about the 3rd day.

I believe I will refer to this post as "Walking in The Qi"

I might have borrowed that thought from Michael. I haveve been studying Stillness-Movment, Gift of the Tao, Medical Qigong, Taoist Medicine etc from Michael now for just a bit over 3 years. I have gotten to the point in my Stillness practice that i am moving towards practice throughout the day and evening and I have learned to pay attention to where spirit is directing me.

I'm not sure that spirit directed me to go to Hilton Head, SC for a vacation, but, we went there about 2 weeks ago and i was looking forward to practicing Gift of the Tao on the beach. Wow! I am always amazed at how 15 minutes of the G.O.T. can make me feel and of course on the beach I got a few people watching trying to figure out what it was that I was doing. But my story goes more towards the individuals that I encountered and animals that were in need of Medical Qigong.

1st day on the beach -- sitting doing stilness - I think i had been sitting for about 2 hours -- the alarm in my head went off -- its time to get up and move -- take a walk down the beach then get out of the sun for a bit ( I burn easily). I had walked maybe 100 yards and saw a guy fishing and noticed a large Great Blue Heron standing there watching him -- but the bird was very close, too close. I walked up and the guys son was tossing cut up bait to the bird, it would stab it with its beak and toss it down. The bird was about 6' away from the kid and started to walk right up to the kid -- dad said "hey hold the fish in your hand and let it eat out of your hand --I had an immediate flashback to approx 5 yrs earlier when i was at a beach and this happened and the bird impaled the persons hand causing a great deal of tissue damage. So, as the kid started to extend his hand I intervened and explained why they shouldn't do that. Dad said Oh sh..! I am glad you walked by..

So, now I figured I had been where i was supposed to be at the right time ...so i was going to get out of the sun, and head back to my condo. On the way back, I came across 2 large women, 1 sitting on the ground sweating profusely. Another gentleman had stopped and asked if she was ok -- while she was telling him she had heat stroke - i started projecting energy - cool her skin, calm her heart, calm her mind, gentle energy to perk her up, cool her skin some more. She said she was feeling much better so I walked on.

This was vacation time so I was excited to be able spend more time on G.O.T. I get a lot of stillness in, but don't always have the luxury of doing G.O.T. several times throughout the day. Plus I was wondering who would need my service next. It was Oliver. I like to wander through Cigar stores - I like the smell of the store and to have an occasional Cigar. As I walked into the store I was half-heartedly greeted by Oliver who was lounging in a chair. Oliver was an Irish Terrier. His tail sort of went thumpa, thump, and his eyes said don't make me get up. I had to ask the chap running the store the dog's name -- he told me and when I gave a formal hello to Oliver - who had been watching me with one eye, he hopped out of the chair and limped his way to me then swung around so my hand was positioned perfectly near his spine close to his hip. I immediately noticed it wasn't right and started to do Taoist Neuro-Energetic technique, Oliver's injured leg started to tap "Yankee doodle-dandee" or something like it. The shop-keeper started to tell me how Oliver had broken the leg in a freak accident about a year earlier. He said the only thing freakier was how I knew how to go the exact spot that was injured. (Actually Oliver helped me find the spot.) So, I worked on him for a bit -- I'd stop and tell him to walk -- he would, then he'd position himself for more, so - more treatment. I could feel it sink in and start to make a difference. I then projected qi down the leg, and pulled stagnant qi out. I felt the job was done so I stood up and said let's see how you're doing. What followed was extremely heart-warming..."The Ollie Shuffle" he started running around the shop and the bouncing up in the air -- all 4 legs boing and into the air he's go. Then the shop-keep got a big smile on his face and said thats Ollie's happy dance - he hasn't done that since he hurt the leg. We chatted for a bit and rubbed Ollie's ears - he was cute and we were all happy after the treatment.

My vacation continued to be one in which animals kept finding their way to me. At the tennis center we were playing at, they had two resident cats. Momma cat dodged about 4 different people that were reaching out for her to run to me so I could use a bit of subtle Taoist technique on her. She found her way to me every day that we played tennis. Several dogs that were playing on the beach did the exact same thing..people were reaching out to pet them and they side-stepped those folks to come to me and position themselves under my hand and yes I treat them for a few minutes sometimes longer and they would leave happy. Thats the nice thing about treating animals - they don't usually complain that this still hurts or say I'm not sure if what you did helped or maybe it was that dog biscuit I just ate.

Perhaps it has taken me a moment to get to my point -- if you practice Stillness-Movement, Gift of the Tao, etc then pay attention...there will be people and yes animals (how do the animals know?) that will benefit from just being around you and if you practice Medical Qigong and the Taoist Medicine -- there definitely will be people, animals, etc that will need for you to help them. The "Ollie Shuffle" will bring a smile to my face for a long time.

If you are thinking of attending a Michael Lomax Seminar -- I would highly encourage you to do so. The reults are amazing - i can't think of a more appropriate word to describe them. Yes, you have to put in your time and effort -- but your dividends will be monumental.

(I'd love to have a seminar in Hilton Head, SC -- the Gift of the Tao when done on the beach -- oohh my, it was like the Qi was carrying me away.)

Thanks for reading..

Brion B.

Kempomaster

• Like 5

Guess it's time for me to add my two cents to the previous post by Kempomaster.

He and I live near each other and travel to the seminars together, and we also started at about the same time three years ago. The change that I have seen in his abilities over time is nothing short of unbelievable, and the changes that have occurred in my own life are likewise remarkable.

I intended to write about the amazing healings I've seen (and done), the opening up of people's spirits as they discover their natural talents, what it's like to stand in a circle around a tree and FEEL the trees open up to you, etc etc etc Let me just say that I started out in Reiki, then Pranic Healing, became a very good EFT practitioner, dabbled in Quantum Touch, Jin Shin Jitsu, Radionics, and others. Yet here I am a follower of Michael for life and I have NO DOUBT that it will be a life of Wonder, because that is what it has been for three Wonderful years.

Do what I did. Quit spending all your money on Qigong books and save it up for just one seminar with Michael. Then spend the time you would have wasted reading those books doing Stillness/Movement every night. Your life will be on a new - and better - path.

• Like 4

Thought I would, for continuity, add Kempomaster's post from this Stillness-Movement Neigong Review thread and a new one that was presented by another student at the workshop as well.

What a great and accurate review of Michael Lomax's Stillness-Movement workshop.

At the workshop -- I talked about Walking in the Qi -- Listening, Being where we are supposed to be and being able to use our skills in a compassionate manner to help those in need.

The demands for my skills in the area of Medical Qigong and use of the Taoist Neuro-Enegetic Healing has grown as my abilities and knowledge of these has grown. At the workshop, i gave the example of a simple (not to the person with ailment) headache as the 1st Medical Qigong technique that I administered (plus extreme crab-i-ness), the headache was resolved. Those at the workshop witnessed my doing a "High Level" healing on a gentleman with stage 4 bone cancer. The gentleman and his wife felt the healing had a remarkable effect on his well-being. The wife described the energy that both she and he received during the healing as " being hit full-blast with a fire hose." The results were amazing -- as the gentleman entered our workshop room the following day -- he appeared to have experienced backwards aging -- in other words he looked about 10 years younger, eyes brighter, skin tone much improved, with the patient describing himself as feeling totally energized and much lighter. I would say I made a difference.

Now as I have returned to Indiana the demands for my skills are now off the charts.

I will do two brief case reviews of treatments administered:

Case #1 -- Female patient, 54 years old, recently diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gherig's Disease) primarily affecting the top third of her body. Symptoms include -- lost voice -- barely able to clear a whisper, can't say an entire word. For example -- trying to the word voice -- she would be able to whisper voi and that's it, we rated her volume to be about a 1 on a scale of 1 - 10. Plus some trouble with her walking and breathing.

Treatment: TODAY - Taoist Medical treatment, High Level Healing, and lastly - administered a technique that I watched Michael use for a Parkinsons patient at a seminar in Canada that had similar voice restrictions.

Results: Patient released large amount of "sick qi" -- sick qi was running out the left leg and right hand. As usual the patient lapsed into a state of sleep during the taoist treatment.

Following the treatment for speech - I inquired how the patient felt (general , non-leading question. She answered that she felt great! - I understood every word she said - asked her if she heard the results and with a beaming smile she said that she had. We then rated her speech volume to be at a 4 out of 10. She definitely felt the treatment made a difference. She went on to tell me prior to the treatment she had been having strange pulses in her arm with moments of numbness and this had now stopped.

I will follow-up with her this next week and most likely treat again with the same techniques.

Case#2 Female patient, age 16, asthma, eczema. Her asthma has been extreme since the seasons have been changing. She reported that she had to use her rescue inhaler 4 times the previous day and was having difficulty breathing today. (SPECIAL NOTE: this patient is the daughter of a medical doctor that requested my help as the patients symptoms were not being controlled by other measures. I had also previously treated the physician and was able to remove neck pain and numbness in his hand that he had for over 10 years)

Treatment: Taosit Neuro-Energetic Healing, followed by asthma treatment outlined in Micahel Lomax's Light Warrior book.

Result: This patients response the the Taoist Treatment was especially interesting. She was concerned at the start of treatment that she was extremely "ticklish" and would not be able to withstand the treatment. However, as usual within 15 minutes the patient had lapsed into a deep sleep. Her nerve synapses however, were firing in rapid succession like no one I had ever treated. She was small and i thought -- I can do this in 30 minutes -- wrong, and hour and 15 minutes later i was still treating. Following the Taoist treatment, I administered the Qi projections for asthma. This patient was especially sensitive to Qi -- she was wiggling and bouncing all over the table. Her dad -- the physician stopped in to watch. His eyes looked on in amazement as he watched his daughter react to the Qi projection and pulling. Following the treatment - I had the patient take several deep breaths -- she was able to do this without any spasms and she rated her breaths as much deeper than she can remember in recent weeks. Her dad noticed the improved clarity in her eyes and skin and gave his MD opinion that the reults were indeed amazing at how well she could breathe now compared to the previous day. The doctors wife was so thankful that she delivered a fresh fruit boquet to our house.

We will do an additional treatment this upcoming week.

As always thamks for reading -- i hope these case reports inspire you to go out and make a difference!

Brion

Kempomaster

Just a quick follow-up to the case report of the asthma patient.

Summary: 16 yr old female pt w/10 + year history of asthma. Prior to treatment the patient had been using rescue inhaler 4 - 5 times per day. I treated this patient w/ Taoist Neuro-energetic Treatment and direct Qi projection per Michael's Asthma treatment out of the Light Warrior Book.

Today, 7/8/11, I had a follow-up visit approx 1 week after the initial treatment. (1st note -- her father, MD/Physician had been trying to call me yesterday to insure the follow-up visit - when I walked through his office door -- he was quite surprised - "Walking in the Qi - eh!) Anyway - the doctor and patient reported that after the 1st treatment the patients need for the rescue inhaler had decreased from 4 to 5 times per day to no more than 4 times total in the last week. In addition, the patient was able to play tennis in 92 degree heat and had no problems at all with breathing.

Prior to treatment today - I asked the patient to take several large breaths of air and hold them. Then I had the pt rate how those breaths felt -- self rating ( I am not a Pulmonologist) Then again treated with the same taoist Treatment and direct Qi projection. The patient rated her breaths after treatment again as much improved and was excited as to the difference that each treatment had made for her.

I will follow-up with the pt in 3 weeks and give a final report.

As always - thanks for reading the post.

Brion

Kempomaster

Simplified case studies, continued.

This was presented at the last workshop by one of my students who has only been practicing the Taoist Medicine for 6 months.

Presentation: 50 something year old male who had just that morning of the treatment injured himself with a severe fall. Knee pain and visible inflammation with pain also running down leg with visible bruising, shoulder pain and inflamation, wrist pain in both wrists and hand pain in both hands. Also spinal pain from sacrum to end of cervical (entire spine). Large emphasis limp and slow progression coming into clinic. On a scale of one to 10, when asked, client reported an 8 for knee, 7 for shoulder, 6 for spine, and "hurt like hell" for wrist and hands.

Therapy: Chinese Taoist Medicine and Medical Qigong (Wai Qi Liao Fa)

Outcome:

The knee inflammation visibly changed with the therapy and returned to normal. The visible bruising was completely gone at the end of the session.

At the end of the session the client reported absolutely no pain remaining. He also demonstrated no limp or abnormal movement when leaving. Follow up in one week: No return of pain.

I know of nothing else in medicine or therapeutics that will give this type of outcome. This is a great demonstration of the fact that if medical qigong & Taoist Medicine is applied soon enough, the trauma can be completely neutralized.

Join us in Terre Haute, Indiana August 20th and 21st for Stillness-Movement and Gift of the Tao Neigong and optional August 22nd if you are interested in learning these amazing healing methods.

• Like 3