Cameron

Lama Dorje

Max was telling me about this guy. Has anyone read his book that was just published in English?

He is doing a 2 day seminar next month in LA. Kieth you interested in maybe checking it out. I probably have enough on my plate for awhile but if he's that amazing would be worth it.

Ok, I ordered his book.

Kieth..he says 1 hr of his system is equivelent to 100 years of other systems.

I think maybe we should check it out!

He has another seminar on the 23rd and 24th of September. I'm not too crazy about going through all of the hassle with airplanes. The last time that I went to any kind of seminar outside of New York City was in February to Richmond, Virginia. It was a train ride and the eye candy that was across from me was pleasing to look at (but just not enough to act upon...I should have moved closer to the middle of the train, the other one was definitely a HB, maybe SHB...DEFINITELY should have tried for breaking furniture (bed) with that one >:) ) for 7 hours of the eight hours.

I am only like a 5 hr drive away or somehting..I could drive and crash at Kieth's house and drink all his green tea and eat all his food and we can learn this high level system together.

Unless Kieth(Trunk) isn't interested or something.

Don't feel pressured dude!

ps. Yes..i am talking about the one end of september.

Edited by Cameron

I am only like a 5 hr drive away or somehting..I could drive and crash at Kieth's house and drink all his green tea and eat all his food and we can learn this high level system together.

Unless Kieth(Trunk) isn't interested or something.

Don't feel pressured dude!

ps. Yes..i am talking about the one end of september.

If Keith is that great of a guy, if I were in your shoes, I would pay Keith's admission (for both days) so that I would be welcomed back into Keith's house :lol:

I am not opposed to this type of an arrangement.

Seriously..I know Kieth, he is a great guy, just joking around. If he doesn't want to do the seminar with Lama Dorje and show me around LA and drink green tea I could just get a room at a Holiday Inn or something. I here some of them even have morning buffets.

:unsure:

Max was telling me about this guy .Has anyone read his book that was just published in English.

He is doing a 2 day seminar next month in LA. Kieth you interested in maybe checking it out. I probably have enough on my plate for awhile but if he's that amazing would be worth it.

link

I read his book. I had actually started typing up a review last week, but got sidetracked. The book is very small, more like a large brochure, but it's quite succint and to the point. He lays out the practical details for levels 1 - 3 of his Kunlun chi kung. Level 1 and 2 each take 6 months of practice and are aimed at developing your body's "magnetic potential". Level 1 involves seated Nei Gung with hand postures. It also requires an initial 100 days of celibacy, followed by an inspecion of your Jing. Level 2 is a series of standing Nei Gung body postures. Level 3 requires an additional year of practice involving meditation and is aimed at reversing your magnetic field back into a "normal electric polarity". I am really not sure on what he means by this and he doesn't go into details. If you attend the workshop please ask about this. If I lived closer I would probably attend.

Ok..Kieth told me he isn't interested. I need atleast 1 other Tao Bum to committ to going with me othewise I will skip. There are too many other teachers I am studying with now for me to go out of my by myself to see him.

Max if you want to get on a plane and check it out let me know.

I don't know. His Kunlun method is similar to what I'm practicing. And from my experience with it long enough I would say "1 hr of his system is equivalent to 100 years of other systems" is very close to be correct, although I would never put a claim out like that. His system is one of many that use the same "spontaneous" principles to open up the energy channels and lead you to a natural state of emptiness in a very short time. If you are serious about cultivation, I would strongly recommend studying with him.

I might go and attend just to see him, because I really admire this teacher.

M.

Let me know if you want to go or not in the enxt few weeks. If you want to check it out I'll go. I'll drive and you can meet me in LA or I can pick you up or whatever.

If your not going no worries. Unles someone else is really drawn to going. It's not really a big deal to me because I will probably do some training with another teacher I admire if I don't see him but looks interesting.

I attended the seminar in Los Angeles last week with Lama Dorje. He likes to be callled Max. I actually found out about Lama Dorje by someone posting about him on this forum about a month ago. It was my first time meeting him and I really enjoyed it. I think most of the other group of about 30 persons did so also. That is why he is coming back in September. There was one person there who had flown in from Michigan and I was sitting next to a guy who I think drove in from Arizona. There were also some people from Hawaii.

Max is a friendly and nice person. He doesn't seem to mind sharing what he has learned in his many years of practice. A lot of things he teaches would be considered "secrets" by others but he doesn't seems to mind sharing them. Max has a lot of knowledge and energy to share with people. I would say about 80 percent of the people there were having some type of experience during the meditation and a lot of them appeared to be quite strong type of experiences. You can read about the types of experiences on his website or in his book or on the movie trailer. It seems to be a very effective type of meditation. He said it is one of the few remaining styles of meditation that is taught in the original manner. I would recommend him highly.

http://www.risingredphoenix.com/index.html

http://www.lamathunderbolt.com/

Looks interesting. I ordered his book will check that out. I'll decide in the enxt couple weeks I am either going to do this or a weekend workshop with Master Chen in Atlanta 2 weeks later. I sort of wanted to go to Atlanta to visit my Mom and see Master Chen but if I am drawn to going after reading his book will do that.

So, I'll respond in this thread if I am definetly going or not in the next couple weeks. If Smile or anyone else decides they definetly want to go or are definetly not going respond here also.

Cam

I attended the seminar in Los Angeles last week with Lama Dorje. He likes to be callled Max. I actually found out about Lama Dorje by someone posting about him on this forum about a month ago. It was my first time meeting him and I really enjoyed it. I think most of the other group of about 30 persons did so also. That is why he is coming back in September. There was one person there who had flown in from Michigan and I was sitting next to a guy who I think drove in from Arizona. There were also some people from Hawaii.

Max is a friendly and nice person. He doesn't seem to mind sharing what he has learned in his many years of practice. A lot of things he teaches would be considered "secrets" by others but he doesn't seems to mind sharing them. Max has a lot of knowledge and energy to share with people. I would say about 80 percent of the people there were having some type of experience during the meditation and a lot of them appeared to be quite strong type of experiences. You can read about the types of experiences on his website or in his book or on the movie trailer. It seems to be a very effective type of meditation. He said it is one of the few remaining styles of meditation that is taught in the original manner. I would recommend him highly.

http://www.risingredphoenix.com/index.html

http://www.lamathunderbolt.com/

Did you experience anything?

Pero, I had experiences at the seminar and in practicing the meditation since then, that is why I am recommending studying with Lama Dorje. Almost everyone else, probably about 80 percent of the people in the room, also seemed to be having experiences. Everyone seemed to be having different type of experiences I guess based on what they needed to work through or what is holding them back from having an awakening. I have only attended one seminar so I don't really know what it is all about except it seems to take myself into a type of trance and meditation state. At the seminar several people were going through spontaneous laughter episodes as they kept laughing (I didn't have that experience.) I heard a couple of people speaking in toungues. Some people seemed to be shaking quite wildy. Several people were moving around in spontaneous yogic postures which included myself. I also found my body going into certain yogic postures and found myself frozen in those positions. Max had to help me out of one at the end. I also had some visions that appeared to me during trance. One guy was in such a deep trance that they couldn't wake him so they just left him alone and eventually he came out of it. Max talked about some people have the experience of going through a type of death experience and then experiencing an enlightenment during meditation. So I guess the answer to your question is yes I had some experiences and I seem to be having experiences everytime I sit for meditation. Lama Dorje gives an empowerment to the people at the seminar. You can read the book but I think you need to see him at least once for it to work for you.

Matt, I attended David Verdesi's Foundation Training in Thailand a year ago and was fortunate to meet Sifu Luo. In July I went to Denmark for David's retreat. I am currently taking a break from the Foundation Training.

Ok..Kieth told me he isn't interested. I need atleast 1 other Tao Bum to committ to going with me othewise I will skip. There are too many other teachers I am studying with now for me to go out of my by myself to see him.

Max if you want to get on a plane and check it out let me know.

It's a shame :lol:

The $300 would have been a steal just for observing Keith in his own environment for a weekend :lol:

Am getting interested to see if Max gets motivated and starts making posts about how if I was really interested in cultivation I would go.

What do people think..weekend workshop with Lama Dorje or weekend workshop with Wudang Master Chen. I am still a student and can only afford to go to one.

Let's get feedback.

Pero, I had experiences at the seminar and in practicing the meditation since then, that is why I am recommending studying with Lama Dorje. Almost everyone else, probably about 80 percent of the people in the room, also seemed to be having experiences. Everyone seemed to be having different type of experiences I guess based on what they needed to work through or what is holding them back from having an awakening. I have only attended one seminar so I don't really know what it is all about except it seems to take myself into a type of trance and meditation state. At the seminar several people were going through spontaneous laughter episodes as they kept laughing (I didn't have that experience.) I heard a couple of people speaking in toungues. Some people seemed to be shaking quite wildy. Several people were moving around in spontaneous yogic postures which included myself. I also found my body going into certain yogic postures and found myself frozen in those positions. Max had to help me out of one at the end. I also had some visions that appeared to me during trance. One guy was in such a deep trance that they couldn't wake him so they just left him alone and eventually he came out of it. Max talked about some people have the experience of going through a type of death experience and then experiencing an enlightenment during meditation. So I guess the answer to your question is yes I had some experiences and I seem to be having experiences everytime I sit for meditation. Lama Dorje gives an empowerment to the people at the seminar. You can read the book but I think you need to see him at least once for it to work for you.

Matt, I attended David Verdesi's Foundation Training in Thailand a year ago and was fortunate to meet Sifu Luo. In July I went to Denmark for David's retreat. I am currently taking a break from the Foundation Training.

Cool, thanks for sharing. :)

Matt regarding your questions.

When we met Shifu Luo, he exhibited the ability to emit an electrical type of charge from his hands to open up certain points such as the Dan Tien, Crown, third eye. I don't think Max has that electrical ability at least he didn't show me that. I don't think that is part of his lineage. He seems to teach more a method for awakening. He does seem to be able to move his students around without touching them. Perhaps that is because they are intune with his energy. I am not sure he would be able to do it with strangers. I only attended one seminar with him so I don't know. I did hear a few of his students talk about some amazing things that they have seen him do. One guy mentioned that Max had formed a tornado in a park during the class. Max from what I gather has at least one or two students that have reached an advanced stage or I guess you would call it an awakening or enlightenment. One girl was at the seminar and she was helping him out. Another guy named Kan is in the movie trailer. He is in the trailer in a few places and he is the guy throwing a punch at Max at the end. Max told us that Kan had an awakening experience and showed us some extra video with Kan in it where he had a realization and Max was downloading the knowledge from his lineage directly into Kan's mind.

I don't think Max studies anymore from any teacher but he is part of the Kunlun lineage and probably other ones too.

Regarding why I am taking a break from Foundation Training is I am not sure it is for me. I wrote David some questions regarding the training and he hasn't answered yet so I thought I would take a break until if and when he answers. Then I would decide if I should continue.

Edited by portcraig

This is going to be a tough call. Lama Dorjes system looks pretty interesting but Master Chen is also. And both are lineage guys.

I don't know which one to go for at this point. Will read his book and meditate on it and give it a few weeks. Sounds like from what people are saying his presence is amazing. But I think a couple people on here also study with Master Chen and basically said he is also amazing and the best teacher/energy they ever experienced.

decisions, decisions.

At the seminar several people were going through spontaneous laughter episodes as they kept laughing (I didn't have that experience.) I heard a couple of people speaking in toungues. Some people seemed to be shaking quite wildy. Several people were moving around in spontaneous yogic postures which included myself. I also found my body going into certain yogic postures and found myself frozen in those positions. Max had to help me out of one at the end. I also had some visions that appeared to me during trance. One guy was in such a deep trance that they couldn't wake him so they just left him alone and eventually he came out of it.

Sounds promising. Have been in similar sessions. People actually getting rid of stuff. Not so sure about being frozen in place - karmic release is usually pretty mobile. But what do i know....

This is going to be a tough call. Lama Dorjes system looks pretty interesting but Master Chen is also. And both are lineage guys.

I don't know which one to go for at this point. Will read his book and meditate on it and give it a few weeks. Sounds like from what people are saying his presence is amazing. But I think a couple people on here also study with Master Chen and basically said he is also amazing and the best teacher/energy they ever experienced.

decisions, decisions.

cameron,

I think you should go see lama dorje. The experience will be more spectacular and

me (as well as many taobums for sure) would love to hear your report on it. B)

Cam,

my vote: Lama Dorje. He's gotten some nice endorsements on this thread and he sounds compatible with what you are doing with the whole 'spontaneous opening' kind of a thing... maybe you could come back as Super Love Bunny? I'm up to my gills in gurus and practices, or I'd check it out too.

Yours,

Yoda