KoHsuan

Chakras and Mantras

After reading really good article "How to Open the Sushumna Central Channel" by Bill Bodri on his blog (http://www.meditationexpert.com/blog/) I decided to try finding connection between chakras and mantras..

ย 

thats what I have from it:

ย 

Sahasrara Amitabha's mantra("Namo Amitofo")

Ajna Zhunti("Om Ah Vir Rah Hung Chit Ohm Zhurlee Zhulee Zhunti Soha")

Vishuddha ???

Anahata Vairocana Tathagata mantra("Ohm Ah Vi Ra Hung Chit")

Manipura/Swadhisthana ???

Muladhara Lotus Buddha Mantra("Ohm Bei Mah, Sha Rah Ru Pei, Nai Bar She Naga Nai, Dai Ah Tai, Zahr Wa Ray Rudha Hana Hana, Bar Zhar Nah, Ruh Ka Ruh Ka, Soha")

ย 

ย 

could somebody help wit missing mantras for vishuddha and Manipurna/swadhistana centre?

ย 

also what about Kuan Yin's mantra "Ohm Mani Padme Hung" ? is it related to one particular location or it going through all chakras ?

After reading really good article "How to Open the Sushumna Central Channel" by Bill Bodri on his blog (http://www.meditationexpert.com/blog/) I decided to try finding connection between chakras and mantras..

ย 

ย 

Vishuddha ???

Muladhara Lotus Buddha Mantra("Ohm Bei Mah, Sha Rah Ru Pei, Nai Bar She Naga Nai, Dai Ah Tai, Zahr Wa Ray Rudha Hana Hana, Bar Zhar Nah, Ruh Ka Ruh Ka, Soha")

could somebody help wit missing mantras for vishuddha and Manipurna/swadhistana centre?

ย 

also what about Kuan Yin's mantra "Ohm Mani Padme Hung" ? is it related to one particular location or it going through all chakras ?

ย 

There are various mantras which do indeed cause the chakra functions to vibrate high. Guan Yin Pusa would be for complete compassion. It is proper that it would be for the heart center. All the mantras interact with every chakra, and have their specific , but not limited, activity/function with the mind, body and basically everything int he immediate environment and extended environment.

ย 

Some of the missing mantras, I am not familiar with due to my not being able to speak sanskrit language.

To recognize some of the mantras you have up there, you have the Zhun Ti Shen Mantra; A mantra for Wisdom cultivation. Amitabha Buddha's Mantra; for rebirth in his Pure Land. Vairochana Tathagata (Shakyamuni Buddha's Exalted Form); for creating good affinities with SHakyamun Buddha and his diamond wisdom.

Lotus Buddha Mantra, I can think of none other than Amitabha, of the Lotus Family, but no one else. There is Samanthabhadra Bodhisattva who is also of Lotus family.

ย 

I will find resources for the Zhun Ti Shen Mantra for everyone.

ย 

So the mantras are like keys , in only a small aspect, when it comes to chakras. The vibration and sound of the mantra stimulate the chakras and also stimulate the body, mind, and its myriad functions, to work in accordance to the function of the mantra through the recitator's concentration and sincerity. There is so much about mantras, its not funny, but that is a very small look at one manner in which they interact with chakras.

ย 

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉
  • Like 1

Going through them all, top to bottom.

om = head

mma = down through the throat

mani = going to heart (last part "ee" especially with heart)

peme = solar plexus area

hung = down through lower centers

ย 

My experience is that the fewer syllables the better, as far as resonating chakras. One, or maybe two, syllables for a chakra. Sometimes a tone covers more than one chakra. A pattern of a short mantra is often a map of how a certain deity tends to express, and is much more powerful when combined with simple deity yoga (incense, bell, water or fruit offering, mantra).

ย 

Something that you might search is "seed syllables" for the chakras.

ย 

Long mantras and long mantra chanting - especially in groups - have a place, and are really good for resonating resonating resonating. But once sensitivity has been opened up, the very short mantras ... the tones have very specific effects.

ย 

p.s.

If you want to hear a group really physically resonate their lower centers, check out the Gyuto monks, play it on a decent sound system.

31N5E0PVE2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

u misread. his meditation blog and my my experience says

anahata = zhunti mantra

and anja = vairocana

ย 

he actually says that if you do ANY mantra at all, one should try zhunti since it opens up the heart chakra, the most important for reachign enlightenment

try it out, it has a high learning curve... but i really feel it working!

Going through them all, top to bottom.

om = head

mma = down through the throat

mani = going to heart (last part "ee" especially with heart)

peme = solar plexus area

hung = down through lower centers

ย 

My experience is that the fewer syllables the better, as far as resonating chakras. One, or maybe two, syllables for a chakra. Sometimes a tone covers more than one chakra. A pattern of a short mantra is often a map of how a certain deity tends to express, and is much more powerful when combined with simple deity yoga (incense, bell, water or fruit offering, mantra).

ย 

Something that you might search is "seed syllables" for the chakras.

ย 

Long mantras and long mantra chanting - especially in groups - have a place, and are really good for resonating resonating resonating. But once sensitivity has been opened up, the very short mantras ... the tones have very specific effects.

ย 

p.s.

If you want to hear a group really physically resonate their lower centers, check out the Gyuto monks, play it on a decent sound system.

31N5E0PVE2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

ย 

i've heard of om - ah - h'ng, and i think that would probably be the sounds for the 3 dan tiens, upper, middle and lower, though i can't be sure, i just think it

My religious studies professor that is heavily into Tibetan Buddhism told me that the Aum mantra connects your heart, throat and crown chakras. 'Aaaaaaa' is supposed to be your heart, 'uuuuuuu' is your throat, and 'mmmm' is your crown. If you make the sounds you can feel the vibrations in the corresponding areas of your body.

My religious studies professor that is heavily into Tibetan Buddhism told me that the Aum mantra connects your heart, throat and crown chakras. 'Aaaaaaa' is supposed to be your heart, 'uuuuuuu' is your throat, and 'mmmm' is your crown. If you make the sounds you can feel the vibrations in the corresponding areas of your body.

ย 

I've heard something like this too. My friend is a very spiritual Hindu, and I asked him about this stuff, and he did kind of hint that there is supposed to be sort of a progression when you say it, that it rises and leads you someplace greater than where you were before. A lot of people just think "om", but it's really stuff like "aaaom".

ย 

But then he followed up immediately by saying that a lot of spiritual practices were really for higher castes, and there's a lot that the highest casts did not divulge to people outside the caste, and a lot of information that WAS given out was given in such a way as to minimize the amount of real info out there. So you go around saying, "uh.... you say.... om..... yeah that's right." When the pronounced vibrations are really different.

ย 

So yeah, different vibrations can affect different chakras, which has been said, and you can get those vibrations with certain syllables and things.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

From the bottom up

ย 

Lam

Vam

Ram

Yam

Ham

Ke sham

ย 

If you skip the m you make the chakra more active without calming it down. La, va, ra etc. So with the m they are activating and balancing

ย 

aaahhhh i think works the throat

ย 

I am not realy sure about Om cause I think it can be done in many ways but at least one way is to do it aaaaauuuuummmmmmmm where the aaaaaa starts at the root and goes up the spine untill it changes to the uuuuu at the throat and the mmmmmmmm hits the third eye.

ย 

I think the famous western mantra do re mi fa so la ti works hte chakras from the bottom up :lol:

ย 

B.K Frantziz did a mantra try out on the lines of yummmm coca cola yummmm coca cola pepsi or something like that. I wonder which chakras it works

ย 

ย 

Vishuddha ???

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Whats the Lotus Buddha mantra? It really opens the Root Chakra?

Quan yi mantra are the six internal tones that manifest from resonance between the chakras.

Six gaps between seven physicalbodies. The six tones are purely internal and cannot be coaxed into existance by recitaion of the quan yi mantra.

In his website, Bill really says that most important mantra is the Zhunti mantra which helps open up the heart chakra--the seat of enlightenment. Many Zen masters even used it, practitioners who were often against mantra-ing of any sort.

Along this line of vibrational study you may also wish to try the following:

ย 

Imagine a color vibration at the crown of your head.

ย 

You might try a specific color vibration or a vibration bouquet of an approximate color vibration. I make this distinction because of the amount of judgement we tend to have regarding many colors. Much of it is mis-information and in any case - it is narrowing.

ย 

You can also look at your crown to see the different colors that are associated with different mantras.

ย 

Sound healing is not really so different from any sort of healing (healing in the sense of transcending a knotted pattern to one of a new paradigm)

ย 

ย 

We hold a vibration (of any kind) and it will reinforce existing patterns and or "pop" obstructions to a full resonance.

If you puck a string it will cause other strings to vibrate within a range of harmonies. If something is sitting on those strings it will tend to be vibrated off or it will stifle the vibration sometimes altogether.

ย 

Moving the clutter on those strings is generally what is "cultivation". Habituation to our genetic propensities, cultural propensities and the "story" we have created is our sleep waking dream world - waking up from this is what most of this is all about.

ย 

Mantras can vivify particular chakras and they can also help in "correctly" routing energies.

Pain pictures in our space may have our energies re-routed around them or we may compress them into oblivion (for a time).

chakras.

ย 

We come to the table with all sorts of notions about Chakras - with huge amounts of mis-information - childish notions of what this one or that one does. Mantras, color meditations, Qi Gong exercises, Fasting, self-observation, intentional breathing, intentional mindfulness - these all will bring out awareness of the chakras. Partly because you will discover where you are centered - what chakras you tend to wear in your life and perhaps what chakras you tend to avoid.

ย 

Learn to work on the full spectrum of vibrations - become neutral to all of them - none is better than another. In the beginning of practice it is very exciting to vibrate in the stratosphere - this makes the miraculous seem nearer - like we are really learning something. We may however be learning an addiction that is not helpful at all - intermix vibration - the lower chakras and the male body in particular hold great power in the more amplified lower vibrations and you will find the awareness of your body/spirit connection grounding.

ย 

This grounded coupling of awareness is ultimately why you have a physical body - otherwise you would not be here.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

This made me wonder about practices and sounds for the meridians. I am currently a TCM student and find online and in books all sorts of stuff for the chakras, but what about the meridians. Granted much of what I am studying in the way of acupuncture is for this purpose, but I am curious about other practices that specifically work on the meridians.

Iยดve had the best results in Chakra-work using the Kuji-In system, utilizing mantra, mudra and visualization for each Chakra.

Using the Sanskrit mantras produced the best results for me.

Recommended!

• Like 1

This made me wonder about practices and sounds for the meridians. I am currently a TCM student and find online and in books all sorts of stuff for the chakras, but what about the meridians. Granted much of what I am studying in the way of acupuncture is for this purpose, but I am curious about other practices that specifically work on the meridians.

Great question about meridians - perhaps we should start a post?

All this discussion of chakras and complicated mantras makes me wonder if Master Nan (one of the few cross-culturally confirmed Enlightened ones, has some great books) is right about the best thing is to just let one's body do the work naturally by awakening the Kundalini energy/yang chi through lots of Emptiness practice (realizing Emptiness and abiding without abiding).

• Like 1