Yup, that page is actually a great explanation of the meditation, btw.

And, it can even be broken into standalone chunks, like parts 1 & 2. Although, I'd rather just do the whole shebang completely each time. Because that only takes at least about 4 minutes (or probably less), so why not?

If you're really interested, I do recommend taking a FOL workshop, though. Because the 17 breaths can be a little hard to learn off paper alone. Plus, in the workshop, you will learn much more of the supporting theory with supporting exercises. There's just a lot of info here. In fact, I believe the class originally used to be 6 days, but they compacted it down to 3.

Drunvalo also teaches a Unity breath, that he was given by Yogananda's guru, Sri Yukteswar Giri.

BTW, Drunvalo did refer to the Chinese "fu dog" lion's ball in his book - but I believe it was in vol 1, which I am missing right now. I'll post something on it when I can find it.

fudogbeijinglamatemplela1.gif0614.gif

Here is another example of the "Fu Dog" or "Lion of Buddha" outside of the Lama Temple in Beijing. It is said that their name comes from the Chinese word for Buddhism, "fojiao". They are also known as "Fu Lions", a homonym of the Chinese word for prosperity or luck ("fu").

As I noted before, male and female pairs are the usual in China. Here is the male version, with his paw over a ball that represents (imperial) power. It is also said to represent the union of Heaven and Earth, and the whole of Buddhist Law. Some believe that the open mouths of these lions represent the mantric sounds of "ah" and "um".

They are said to represent the unity of Heaven and Earth, and act as guardians. Lions are not indigenous to China, and these mythical versions are thought to have been introduced to Han China as the Buddhist protector of the dharma.

So, what similar meditation do you practice? Sacred geometry goes way back to the Egyptians and other ancient cultures, so it shows up in various mystery schools today.

I took Flower of Life workshop in 2000. Then a few workshops with Gary Smith at http://www.merkaba.org and became a teacher. At teacher level they tought activating up to 12 geometrical spheres beyound star tetrahedron. Think Platonic solids and up. The organization moved to the different direction, as far as i know.

Max :)

Edited by Smile

For many years I did Melchizedeks Method, an off-shoot of Drunvaldo Melchizedeks Flower of Life.

The founder, Alton Kamadon, started off as a great guy with an amazing integrity and wisdom. But after a while he got high on his mastership and the whole thing got corrupt. His followers say he ascended, but he actually died of cancer. ...is what I heard. Havent payed any attention to it the last years.

As for Merkabah it is a living being. We use visualiztion to activate it, but after a while it gets its own life. The mistake Alton Kamadon did was to continue to pour visualizations into it. The Merkabah was activated allready in level one, but he just continued to visualize a lot of other things and it corrupted the whole thing.

The Keys of Enoch, written by J.J.Hurtak, has a lot of information on the merkabah.

For many years I did Melchizedeks Method, an off-shoot of Drunvaldo Melchizedeks Flower of Life.

The founder, Alton Kamadon, started off as a great guy with an amazing integrity and wisdom. But after a while he got high on his mastership and the whole thing got corrupt. His followers say he ascended, but he actually died of cancer. ...is what I heard. Havent payed any attention to it the last years.

As for Merkabah it is a living being. We use visualiztion to activate it, but after a while it gets its own life. The mistake Alton Kamadon did was to continue to pour visualizations into it. The Merkabah was activated allready in level one, but he just continued to visualize a lot of other things and it corrupted the whole thing.

The Keys of Enoch, written by J.J.Hurtak, has a lot of information on the merkabah.

Sheng Zhen did you ever stop to ponder whether he had true integrity and wisdom in the first place or if he was actually delusional all throughout his life? Before being a channel for Thoth and other assorted otherworldy experts, he was a business man, with a family, who specialized in advertising. No wonder so many people got taken in by his tall talk and fancy if not busy graphics. His family fell apart after he became a channel fulltime. People claimed to heal themselves of cancer in 2 days using his method. I think it is quite obvious the placebo can be effective, very efficacious for some, but there's a limit. The man was getting rich off selling people the power of their own belief and to believe in his tinkerbell dust. He sold people something they already had innately, suggestibility. However, despite his ability to exploit the placebo effect and suggestion, he could not prevent his death from cancer. I think it is an exquisitely tragic irony, another remarkable lesson in critical thinking.

Edited by Xienkula1

Max, Was it your highest excitement?!!!!!

Short answer: No.

Long answer would take too much time to explain. I just say the technique is fine but I wasn't interested in all the other "spiritualized" BS that came along with it.

I played around with it a few times. Had some interesting energetic experiences. Smile had told me about it years ago when he was really into it.

I asked Michael Winn his opinion about this practice afterwards and he said it was a fire method and too out of body for his taste. And that Taoist practices are better because they cultivated spirit and body together(fire and water) and more balanced.

Also, in case you read the books, the history he gives is somewhat interesting but waaaaaaay out there. So, if your drawn to it great. But I haven't gone deeply into the work to recommend or not recommend it.

Cam

I think it is an exquisitely tragic irony, another remarkable lesson in critical thinking.

Absolutely! Ive learned a lot from my playing around with this group. The whole concept of ascencion is a giant illusion. Its borrowed the eastern rainbow body and things like that, but western spiritual people believe they can achieve it if they just visualize enough love and light.

But I do belive he had integrity in he beginning. He was a regular aussie, down to earth and no extra showing off. But after a few years he started wearing fancy rings, getting more and more fancy suff for his workshops, selling more and more special stuff. He lost his down to earth expression.

He also said in the beginning that there was 5 levels to his method. But when he got to level 5 he started teaching 5.1, 5.2, and so on. So there is more of the tragic irony.

I think this is part of the interplay between teacher and students. If the teacher is not strong enough, the sudents will give him a high which will make him confirm the students illusions about the teacher, and then they give the teacher even more high, and so on. Students go out of their way to idolize the teacher.

But the merkabah is real, if it is Flower of Life, Melchizedeks Method, or something else.

EDIT:

I stopped to think a little, and you're right Xienkula. He was delutional from the beginning. There is no other reason it ended up like it did. The concept of doing ascension from visualizing light and love is delutional.

Edited by sheng zhen

What is the purpose of Merkaba?

It's supposed to transpose your physical body into a Light body in the 4th dimension where 4D and higher love buns such as AMs and UTs come to tell you about Melchizekek, although some say 5th dimension, using some "spherical" breathing techniques, and to reactivate your prehistoric memory of feeling/seeing various platonic solids around you, usually the stellated cube, which you command with your mind/heart/body/spirit breath to spin at various speeds, sometimes at 9/10 the speed of light, sometimes according to how a higher self directs, or sometimes faster than God.

This guy writes a wacky but interesting little take on Merkaba: http://bob-dratch.org/BeamerTetra.htm

Edited by Xienkula1

This guy writes a wacky but interesting little take on Merkaba: http://bob-dratch.org/BeamerTetra.htm
since the hexagram's primary purpose is encasement of spirit, is prevention of the spirit from "traveling anywhere (no sarajane goodietwo shoes, you can't go flying around in your merkaba!)" - a group merkaba hexagram ritual therefore encases not only the individuals, but the group as a whole "entity"
I dunno, seems like we did the exact opposite in our workshop. We would all go into meditation and everyone would go somewhere different and share where we went afterwards. I thought the merkabah was supposed to facilitate "astral" travel, not "encage" us. In fact, it is advertised as a "light vehicle" or "chariot."

As far as all the "occult" connections - most occult schools borrow heavily from the Egyptian Mystery School (as does the FOL), so it seems that would be expected and I don't see why automatically damning? Unless, his contention is that the Egyptian Mystery School itself is "evil?"

merkabafol.gif

BTW, you can see the outline of the FOL in the lion's ball here:

71016269_922746926e.jpg

Standing on your Own Two Feet

Turn Around Sounds of Deep

Spindles Turn, Pivots Pass

Fires Burn, Snakes in the Grass

Axially Edify

Eddies Form

Waves Defy

Definition Denies Entry

A Sentry For Unknown Entities

Heel Biting Dictums, Who Cry for Victims

Angels Sing on Halycon Wings

Silently Wringing Ideal Kings

Pulling the Strings of Choice Made Rings

Rise Above Smoke Twills Trivialities

Realities Tonality Provokes Gold Vitality

For the Sake of Life and Mortality

On these Halycon Wings

We Dance We Sing

We Love We Worship

We Christen you to Gleem

I thought the merkabah was supposed to facilitate "astral" travel, not "encage" us. In fact, it is advertised as a light vehicle, "chariot."

I think his point is that you have been tricked due to your naivety. He seems to say it was false advertising. i.e. Radiation therapy cures cancer, and doesn't significantly burn you, or harm your immune system.

Unless, his contention is that the Egyptian Mystery School itself is "evil?"

I think his contention is that evil magic was part of the teaching of the mystery schools along with the whole mystical shabang. We know the Egyptian mystery schools were proficient in the art of cursing. They coated tombs with poisons such as mecury sulphide designed to kill those who broke into them. The archeologists who unearthed Tutankhamen's tomb all died a few weeks after supposedly due to a curse, but perhaps from poison. I think he is saying that ancient does not = safe, there are booby traps in these occult Egyptian systems, just like in the ancient tombs.

He seems to say that Merkaba is a violation of free will, and is using seductive tricks to bypass the will for a more evil purpose all in the name of light and love. Perhaps Melchizedek gets to feed off soul if you do the practice or something to that effect. Why don't you send him a message?

I know Ananda has contested that this is the gruesome truth, however he maintains a different paradigm to merkaba. Bob Dratch himself once experimented with Merkaba, worked with Drunvalo, and made music for Slim Spurling that much I know. He later decided the two were evil. In other words he is saying there should be a warning label on Merkaba, much as you would have against drinking drano!

His music is cool, it's on his site. Does way cool things to your energy.

Edited by Xienkula1

He seems to say that Merkaba is a violation of free will, and is using seductive tricks to bypass the will for a more evil purpose all in the name of light and love. Perhaps Melchizedek gets to feed off soul if you do the practice or something to that effect. Why don't you send him a message?

I know Ananda has contested that this is the gruesome truth, however he maintains a different paradigm to merkaba. Bob Dratch himself once experimented with Merkaba, worked with Drunvalo, and made music for Slim Spurling that much I know. He later decided the two were evil. In other words he is saying there should be a warning label on Merkaba, much as you would have against drinking drano!

I dont think we should equal Merkabah to Drunvaldos activation technique or Melchizedek. The Merkabah does not neccesarily need an activiation technique. It can come as it pleases, spontaneously, and it can be discovered naturally as the individual developes.

It is not everyone who has Merkabah experiences who knows it is called Merkabah or Mer Ka Ba by others.

So the vehichle and intelligence that the merkabah is, should not be associated specifically with Drunvaldo, Melchizedek, J.J.Hurtak or any other group. They dont have the copyright for it. They might have the copyright for their activation technique, but not the thing itself.

It is not the Merkabha that should have a warning label, but the group or teacher presenting the technique.

We know the Egyptian mystery schools were proficient in the art of cursing. They coated tombs with poisons such as mecury sulphide designed to kill those who broke into them. The archeologists who unearthed Tutankhamen's tomb all died a few weeks after supposedly due to a curse, but perhaps from poison. I think he is saying that ancient does not = safe, there are booby traps in these occult Egyptian systems, just like in the ancient tombs.

Okay, this cannot be ignored. The "archeologists" did not all die. "A study showed that of the 58 people who were present when the tomb and sarcophagus were opened, only eight died within a dozen years"

The guy that lead the party didn't die until over ten years later of lymphoma.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_the_Pharaohs

That said, who knows about "Melchezedic". Merkabah mysticism has been practiced by Kabbalists and Sufis (and their mutual predecessors) for centuries. Sufis practice a simple color meditation based on the attributes of Allah. The meditations of the Tree of Life and Rising on the Planes also have similarities. Looking at the writings of the suposed Ezekiel (who is the most well known viewer of the Chariot) show the profound nature of the Attainment. That said, no exploration of Self/the Divine is without some "danger". Eventually you look into the Abyss....

That said, no exploration of Self/the Divine is without some "danger". Eventually you look into the Abyss....

I think that was a major point of the Bob Dratch article. Good to see you are doing your own research and not following blindly, though not everything you read in Wiki is true, it's a wiki after all, and anyone can edit the wiki with disinformation. ;)

Edited by Xienkula1

I think that was a major point of the Bob Dratch article. Good to see you are doing your own research and not following blindly, though not everything you read in Wiki is true, it's a wiki after all, and anyone can edit the wiki with disinformation. ;)

Too true, the mormons (exmormon here) are always editing out negative facts from the LDS articles.... But you can always check the references. In this case the British Medical Journal and National Geographic are pretty trustworthy sources.

Hmm..

So, this guy claims that if you "beam out" loving energy, then you will get the opposite (death) energy back? Well, EMF waves are only arbitrarily "positive" or "negative" in relation to each other - and have nothing to do with "morality." And, a reflected wave will also alternately create both constructive and destructive interference with the beamed wave.

super3.gif

So, the result is actually a standing wave with double the amplitude. Mmm, so what?

Now, some "beamers" do get drained - but that is generally attributed to them using their personal lifeforce rather than channeling universal energy. So, I don't think it has to do with reaping the opposite of what you sow?

Although, from what I've heard - he is correct about the Great White Brotherhood typically demanding sacrifice. I believe it's to break and open your heart...or something? And it may often be far heavier than they downplay it as. Perhaps similar to the Bodhisattva commitment Buddhists often "sneak in."

Well, then he goes into the "evil" origins of the hexagram.

Solomon's Seal

(A.K.A. Star of David)

Long before this hexagram became the emblem of Judaism, it was revered as the symbol of the joining of opposites - spirit and matter, yin to yang, heaven to earth, Shiva and Kali - that maintains life in the cycles of creation and destruction. The Seal of Solomon is a seal of protection and contains the invisible Seventh Seal made from the four elements plus the divine number 3. (More on these individual seals can be found here)

This symbol also was used in alchemy to symbolize alcohol - (fire and water), a union of water and heat in perfect harmony. This possibly derived from the Hindu union of male-fire-lightning with female-water-ocean in the heart chakra (Anahola). In fact, the connection to the male-female union carries over also in the "Sri Yantra" symbol of many triangles intersecting heaven and earth.

IOW, it was an alchemical symbol that represented the union of Kan & Li. Ok, I guess I don't see what's so wrong with this, though? :blink:
In the book ANCIENT PAGAN SYMBOLS, the hexagram is called Solomon's Seal, not David's. It says... "The triangle, the geometrical emblem of three things, one above two, the two lower uniting to produce the higher, or the union of the positive and negative forces to produce the third, is the most complex and mystical as it is the most UNCOMPROMISING of all symbols. ....Three has been called the very soul of magic, astrology and divination."
And then he seems to corner himself with some somewhat self-contradictory Biblical interpretations:

The Bible says occultism is evil!

The hexagram was King Solomon's seal.

Therefore, King Solomon must have been evil.

Even though he was also one of the most revered figures in the Bible.

Wait. Doh?

I'm not saying this guy is wrong or right. I just don't understand all his logic or have the occultist background

to get all the points he's making. He seems to be a technological activist with a EE background - but I wonder what his spiritual beliefs are, exactly?

The leader still died a decade afterwards. I wonder if he believed in hexing and if this caused him any shall we say paranoia? We will never know. The tomb was allegedly cursed, as were many of the tombs.

Although, from what I've heard - he is correct about the Great White Brotherhood typically demanding sacrifice. I believe it's to break and open your heart...or something? And it may often be far heavier than they downplay it as. Perhaps similar to the Bodhisattva commitment Buddhists often "sneak in."

In the A.'.A.'. to cross the Abyss you are expected to "pour out every last drop of your blood" into the "Cup of Babalon". In other words you are expected to transcend the concept of self. Arguement is made on both sides as to whether Crowley acheived this as he claimed and was thus misunderstood, or if he was filled to the brim with nothing but ego. Though, crossing the Abyss is often directly compared with the Bodhisattva's vow.

Most of this guys info is skewed. For example:

In the Ritual of the Mark of the Beast that he talks about, the "Mark" is not a hexagram. It is either (interchangable) a seven pointed star (with or without additional symbols) which he notes is the number of god or a symbol of the sun and moon conjoined.

The leader still died a decade afterwards. I wonder if he believed in hexing and if this caused him any shall we say paranoia? We will never know. The tomb was allegedly cursed, as were many of the tombs.

While it may be conceivable that he could have stressed about being cursed and that the stress decreased his body's ability to fight the cancer, Occam's razor would say that he died because they simply weren't as good at finding and treating cancer back in the 30's. It was mostly the media that made a big deal about the "curse", kinda like WMD's....

Occam's razor would probably opt out merkaba as well. Listen to Bob Dratch's music, then you'll feel the Merkaba.

http://bob-dratch.org/index-a.html

True. Though, mysticism in general if seen as psychological phenonmena as opposed to objective reality can be quite fulfilling.