Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Burgs in LA

Damn, that sounds interesting. Wish I could make it. Somebody please take good notes! :)

Hagar - What was he like in person? Feel anything special, like energetically?

Edited by vortex

Damn, that sounds interesting. Wish I could make it. Somebody please take good notes! :)

Ian is a better person to ask. I spent time with him in Las Palmas on a retreat he attended, and just hung out with him, as he was kind of on vacation for a week.

He is just a mellow nice and caring person with a strong presence. He has a past as a skibum as myself: a definate sign of high attainment :P

h

Very still, very gentle. My favourite is his chanting. All the charisma drops away and there's just this purest thing.

On my first retreat with him in 2004, he said something very simple around day five about how all beings just wanted to be happy, regardless how terrible they might seem, and something about that moment opened my heart just a sliver and I wept for two days.

Later in the year, I was sitting on the floor of waterloo station, just after another retreat, and a pigeon landed near me and skidded a little. And the perfection of the moment made me cry again.

That sorta thing. For me. No promises! :D

Sign in to follow this