mopaistudent

John Changs 1st Westener Student

I never realized I would be such a person of interest. All I wanted to do is help others attain what I have wanted way back in 1990.

In my research (it took two years) I finally found John Chang (not exactly his name) and was accepted as a student, and have been training since. I have been in touch with him recently. I asked him directly if there were any "Westerners" he is teaching. I asked this because there were several people emailing me saying they had tested in the last couple years and students of his. He said he isn't and hadn't. So, many of the stories about John teaching non-Chinese just isn't true. He also said I was free to help others. So, there you go...

I would love to talk to others, but I will have to say this may be short because talk forums usually degenerate into couch-potato, pseudo authorities telling me the facts...and I don't go there!

So, if anyone has questions about the Youtube clip or other questions...

This is fascinating and thanks for the offer.

1) So that was "you" in the youtube clip -- a Westerner -- what was it? Jim? Anyway so you know Sean Denty correct? He said he knows you? Or please clarify and give any further details -- that was around 1990 that the video was made? Or... so it's true that after the second video of Chang when he shoots the chopstick into the lady's third eye forehead chakra, by accident, that he took off into the jungle? He's married though right -- so he and his wife... and kids? .... they're deep in the jungle in Malaysia.... or Indonesia? So Chang is in full-lotus in the jungle?

2) On the video Chang says when you project the chi it's like taking a dump. In the new movie "Forbidden Kingdom" the HORSE STANCE of Shaolin is also compared to "good for taking a dump."

Did you practice the Horse Stance in your training? That stance is also used in Spring Forest Qigong.

3) If you talked to Chang recently then he must be near a phone at least.... or did you use telepathy? So it's not true that Chang is going to China to hang with Sean Denty's teacher David Verdesi?

4) NOT THAT ANY OF THE ABOVE IS MY BUSINESS but to me it's kind of like an Encyclopedia Brown detective novel and I thought maybe you could thicken the plot.

5) So what did you experience with Master John Chang -- beyond what was shown in the videos? I've shared a lot of my experiences from master Chunyi Lin.

6) Do you teach now? This is what Sean Denty said.... how do you use your skills day to day? Do you sit in full-lotus all the time like John Chang... or....?

THANKS.

Edited by drew hempel

Thanks for posting.

So in the youtube clip is he creating a yin field so you're able to cause the movement, kind of like he does for the knives with the spirits inside them? Also, does he still do any healing for westerners who run into him?

Edited by Michael81

Cool!

What did you want to attain back in 1990..and did you attain it?

What are you willing to help others with? The same goal?

Do you know what yin energy feels like, and how to accumulate it as apposed to the accumulation of yang energy?

Edited by mwight

Its amazing that you come here with a willingness to share and answer questions. Im also pretty amazed that you havent been flooded with questions allready... maby because you said you dont want to participate in the usual forum potato-couch ;)

But thanks a lot for your offer to answer questions.

I have a few questions that I hope you would like to answer.

There are many that blindly search for the Mo Pai methods after seeing the John Chang youtube-clip. But if John Chang dosent teach western students anymore, is there any use for anyone to pursue the mo pai methods?

Even if you give us the methods for level one and two, can we get anywhere with them without a teacher?

And if we cant get beyond level 2 without John Chang or an other Mo Pai teacher, do we gain anything from level 1 that we cant get from other meditations?

And last, maby a little too personal question, are you still developing in the Mo Pai levels beyond level 3?

I never realized I would be such a person of interest. All I wanted to do is help others attain what I have wanted way back in 1990.

In my research (it took two years) I finally found John Chang (not exactly his name) and was accepted as a student, and have been training since. I have been in touch with him recently. I asked him directly if there were any "Westerners" he is teaching. I asked this because there were several people emailing me saying they had tested in the last couple years and students of his. He said he isn't and hadn't. So, many of the stories about John teaching non-Chinese just isn't true. He also said I was free to help others. So, there you go...

I would love to talk to others, but I will have to say this may be short because talk forums usually degenerate into couch-potato, pseudo authorities telling me the facts...and I don't go there!

So, if anyone has questions about the Youtube clip or other questions...

Cool to hear your post.

I have a friend that knows him in Indonesia and as far as I know he is retired and well off and likes his privacy. He doesn't teach anyone now neither does his son.

peace

Santiago

Its amazing that you come here with a willingness to share and answer questions. Im also pretty amazed that you havent been flooded with questions allready... maby because you said you dont want to participate in the usual forum potato-couch ;)

There are many that blindly search for the Mo Pai methods after seeing the John Chang youtube-clip. But if John Chang dosent teach western students anymore, is there any use for anyone to pursue the mo pai methods?

Even if you give us the methods for level one and two, can we get anywhere with them without a teacher?

And if we cant get beyond level 2 without John Chang or an other Mo Pai teacher, do we gain anything from level 1 that we cant get from other meditations?

And last, maby a little too personal question, are you still developing in the Mo Pai levels beyond level 3?

This is fascinating and thanks for the offer.

1) So that was "you" in the youtube clip -- a Westerner -- what was it? Jim? Anyway so you know Sean Denty correct? He said he knows you? Or please clarify and give any further details -- that was around 1990 that the video was made? Or... so it's true that after the second video of Chang when he shoots the chopstick into the lady's third eye forehead chakra, by accident, that he took off into the jungle? He's married though right -- so he and his wife... and kids? .... they're deep in the jungle in Malaysia.... or Indonesia? So Chang is in full-lotus in the jungle?

(Yes, it was me. I have only talked to Sean Denty a few times. My video teesting was in 2000. The video of Lawrences wife being hit by the chop stick, I think before they were married, was well after 2000 sometime.)

2) On the video Chang says when you project the chi it's like taking a dump. In the new movie "Forbidden Kingdom" the HORSE STANCE of Shaolin is also compared to "good for taking a dump."

(I know it sounds strange, but it is very much like it.)

Did you practice the Horse Stance in your training? That stance is also used in Spring Forest Qigong.

(No, I trained in a horse stance prior from my martial arts, and came in handy. Many Asian schools use a horse stance for one thing or another. Some Mo Pai students think you have to go a little deeper, but I don't agree. Pak John never said anything about how deep it should be, just a horse stance was acceptable.)

3) If you talked to Chang recently then he must be near a phone at least.... or did you use telepathy? So it's not true that Chang is going to China to hang with Sean Denty's teacher David Verdesi?

(No, I talked to Pak John via an interpreter. I don't know whether he is going or not. It wasn't a question I thought about or even knew he might go see him. I do know that several guys make it out that they are in kahoots with Pak John while not being. It is just how some people like to present them selves.)

4) NOT THAT ANY OF THE ABOVE IS MY BUSINESS but to me it's kind of like an Encyclopedia Brown detective novel and I thought maybe you could thicken the plot.

5) So what did you experience with Master John Chang -- beyond what was shown in the videos? I've shared a lot of my experiences from master Chunyi Lin.

(Yes, there were as expected things that happened no one knows about. But that can be said for other Westerners who visited Pak John on their trips. I had the good fortune of visiting him almost every year from 1990 to 2000. And I would like to hear about your adventures with your master as well.)

6) Do you teach now? This is what Sean Denty said.... how do you use your skills day to day? Do you sit in full-lotus all the time like John Chang... or....?

(I do not teach, but only help others seek their goal...because I am still a student. Pak John has had no concerns about this knowing full well of my intentions. You can reach me at <[email protected]>

Thank you my friend.

• Like 1

Hi Jim? I could sense your energy strength in your message -- which is a first for me from someone online. I have experience with projecting electromagnetic fields. I'm just curious what your practice entails. Do you sit in full-lotus? If so, how much? What did you do for your training?

http://springforestqigong.com relies on energy transmissions from Master Chunyi Lin and he teaches the small universe practice plus some simple standing tai-chi moves and also self-concentration meditation. He teaches how to open up other people's small universe channels -- the main front and back channel -- using the hands and then to use thunder palms and sword fingers to put in and break up energy, respectively. In Level III he touches your forehead to help open up the pineal gland and now I have a permanent magnetic bliss in my pineal gland.

I sit in full-lotus as much as possible but my diet is terrible. My main practice is somewhat strange. Electromagnetic fields from my pineal gland shoot into females around me, causing us to have a mutual climax, as I take in their electrochemical energy and then transfer it back into electromagnetic fields. Last summer I went 3 days without food just by relying on those mutual psychic climaxes while I sat in full-lotus. I call them "O at a Ds." It started when I kept getting hit on so much by females so I started sitting in full-lotus in public as a preventative measure from getting my chi converting back into fluid. Then I noticed that I caused this young female who came near me to have a climax and it was mutual.

I haven't taken classes from Chunyi Lin since 2005 or so but he also trained Jim Nance to be a qigong master. They both send energy at a distance and have made the middle of my head burn from this energy at a distance. I did an 8 day bigu fast or energy feast just on half a glass of water and then the full-lotus practice caused the room to spin around me. At a weekend retreat I saw dead spirits, yellow orbs, coming to hear Master Chunyi Lin speak as he emitted chi. He confirmed this. Also I healed my mom of a serious illness. That was back in 2000 but the energy was too strong for normal day to day living so now I just read one book a day while having "O at a Ds" all day. Plus I have a lot of bacteria in my head from when the vagus nerve transduces the electrochemical energy or jing from my stomach. Since I don't practice a special diet I just use tea tree oil as an anti-septic.

So that's about it -- Qigong master Chunyi Lin does healing for people all over the world and he's worked with the Mayo clinic, the top hospital in the world, showing strong success with late-term cancer, etc. When I took his classes he would demonstrate telepathy to me and he would shoot out energy balls from his hands and look into my body, causing particular parts to burn with bliss, etc. He said he created another physical body and he's trained with even Yan Xin's teacher! Chunyi Lin spent at least a month in a cave with no food, no water and no sleep -- just sitting in full-lotus. The closest thing I've seen to his work is the teacher you studied with who most know as John Chang and also the Wang, Lingpi biography, "Opening the Dragon Gate" and also Dr. Yan Xin.

Thanks for sharing.

drew hempel

I haven't taken classes from Chunyi Lin since 2005 or so but he also trained Jim Nance to be a qigong master. They both send energy at a distance and have made the middle of my head burn from this energy at a distance. I did an 8 day bigu fast or energy feast just on half a glass of water and then the full-lotus practice caused the room to spin around me. At a weekend retreat I saw dead spirits, yellow orbs, coming to hear Master Chunyi Lin speak as he emitted chi. He confirmed this. Also I healed my mom of a serious illness. That was back in 2000 but the energy was too strong for normal day to day living so now I just read one book a day while having "O at a Ds" all day. Plus I have a lot of bacteria in my head from when the vagus nerve transduces the electrochemical energy or jing from my stomach. Since I don't practice a special diet I just use tea tree oil as an anti-septic.

So that's about it -- Qigong master Chunyi Lin does healing for people all over the world and he's worked with the Mayo clinic, the top hospital in the world, showing strong success with late-term cancer, etc. When I took his classes he would demonstrate telepathy to me and he would shoot out energy balls from his hands and look into my body, causing particular parts to burn with bliss, etc. He said he created another physical body and he's trained with even Yan Xin's teacher! Chunyi Lin spent at least a month in a cave with no food, no water and no sleep -- just sitting in full-lotus. The closest thing I've seen to his work is the teacher you studied with who most know as John Chang and also the Wang, Lingpi biography, "Opening the Dragon Gate" and also Dr. Yan Xin.

Thanks for sharing.

drew hempel

Hi drew,

I was reading your msg and from your description Chunyi Lin has pretty remarcable abilities, I've never seen anybody who can "shoot out energy balls from his hands". Are you sure about what you are saying? And another question, since he is so skilled why did you stop taking classes from him?

If even a quarter of what you are saying about him is true I'll go over there next weekend to see him if possible...

Edited by orb

OK Jim emailed me again but I'll keep his message private while posting my response (see below). Yes I'm SURE about qigong master Chunyi Lin (see below for further details). As for why I don't keep taking classes -- well I work part-time at $10 hr. so I'm broke. Also he moved out to the far suburbs and I have no car. Also he teaches mainly on the weekends and I work on the weekends. Finally I'm not even qualified to be his real student! He has taught tens of thousands of people taking his classes and he's a VERY busy man. Yet the last two things he said to me were:

"Drew is a healer." and "I'll keep an EYE on you."

So I feel like I took up enough of his time. Certainly every day I think about how to go back for more classes and I'm trying to "mainstream" this stuff so it's not dependent on "pure" circumstances. I practice in the ghetto, etc.

enzyme Delta-6 Desaturase. Hi Jim -- I just pasted what was in my clip to show you I've been researching nutrition for the past hour or so.... I think sardines are the key -- great source of Vitamin D and EPA (Omega 3 fatty acid).

Anyway thanks for the great email Jim. I'm sitting here in full-lotus, as usual, at the University library. Yes with strangers do these "O at a Ds" happen -- it's a mutual attraction process. I've written a lot online so feel free to google "drew hempel" or "O at a D."

Qigong master Chunyi Lin is a very successful healer. He says his success rate for cancer is higher than 90%. He just coauthored a qigong chapter for the Mayo Clinic's complementary health text book -- with oncologist Dr. Nina Mishek -- from the Mayo Cinic (the top hospital in the world). Qigong Master Chunyi Lin does phone healing and treats about 200 patients a week who fly to his clinic from all over the world but are mainly here in Minnesota. His classes are through the community college here -- and he transmits energy plus has a course which anyone can practice (relying on the orbit, as you call it) plus some simple standing exercises and also self-concentration. Jim Nance was a kung fu master in the 1960s -- a very big African-American. They both do long distance healing now.

As for your youtube video -- it's certainly very impressive. Once I went to put quarters in this metal box vending machine and I was perplexed to find the quarters sticking to the side of the machine. Then I realized my hands had magnetized the whole metal box! haha. When I healed my mom that also was based on strong electromagnetic fields coming out of my hands and at that time I had telepathy which also was from electromagnetic fields being emitted and taken in through the pineal gland.

I know a person can emit chi without necessarily having the pineal gland as the main transmitter -- is this your case? Or can you flex your pineal gland -- can you feel the pineal gland?

Anyway these are just sensations of course whereas "consciousness" is what makes qigong possible and who knows what consciousness IS? haha.

OK so here's the contact for Qigong master Chunyi Lin -- http://springforestqigong.com -- the "In the News" section will give you some video and radio interviews. Plus there's more online.

All the best,

drew

Thank you Jim for sharing, and specifically for answering Drew's questions. My wife and I saw that video and were wondering if it was Kosta or maybe Andreas. We both wish you and John great health and happy days full of joy. Any more you could publicly share about your training would be amazing, especially, as Drew, you say, for those of us who live nowhere near a Qi Gong master and want to avoid travelling by car or plane to visit one, nor would wish to move lest we forsake family, friends and local ecology. Thanks again, Andrew

Edited by andrewsiller

Yes, the yin field surrounds Pak John. I am unsure how far it extends, but it isn't too far. When he left the room for something I tried to throw my chi again, but it didn't happen.

The Karis's moved by another means, a spirit energy, if not just spirits them selves. Pak John communicates with them to encourage the knives to move.

Pak John had stopped his acupuncture with Westerners for some time. But for whatever reason, he is doing more acupuncture with people, as well as teaching. I know of an Australian who tried to gain help but was told he was unable to help.

I am very perplexed by this because he said he was unable to teach any longer, but he is still at it to some degree. This point was validated by a Westerner I am in touch with. His knowledge about everything is very conclusive and I believe him. So, who knows now what he is doing. I talked to him several weeks ago, but I didn't ask him many questions. Plus, he uses his son(s) to help translate, so it can be difficult communicating.

However, he may be downgrading his position again, as he told me some years ago. He is getting older and has some health issues. He needs a student to take over his position.

I am not sure of his intentions nowadays (didn't ask him). He told me some years ago that he wants to go to Bali to go into deep training for the rest of his life. He was going to take two students with him, I was hoping to be one because I was, at that time one of his highest levels along with his Indonesian highest student who took over the school for a short time. But all that has changed because he is unable to go any farther with Westerners than level 2A.

Andrew,

It is sort of difficult to start talking about the things that happened or our training. I will tell you off the top of my head. Way back in 1998 during a testing in Pak John's living room. I was supposed to knock over a glass cup that was on a glass table top from about eight feet away. My aim was off, but still hit the cup and broke the thick glass table top the glass was on. I didn't know it happened as Pak John ran up to the table and looked at it bending over. I didn't know what he was doing until he motioned for me to see what happened. The glass top was at least an inch thick, and it was split. I didn't know what to think and was embarrassed that I broke an obvious expensive glass top. I saw first hand how powerful our energy really is. Just imagine how powerful Pak John is.

When he was visiting his children in the states, I flew down to see him in California. During one of our talks we had he suddenly stopped and wanted to show me how the power emitted from his hand could cut objects like a laser. We went into the kitchen and took a banana whereupon he forced his energy out of his hand as he passed it by the banana and cut it in two. He showed me how it can burn just like a laser by buring a small hole in a plastic cup.

Our training for the first two level has meditation in it; the first level is just meditation. But more precisely it is "concentration" and not just simply meditation. In our system there is a difference. And along with our training for our development, but it also helps build something that isn't connected to developing the dan tien. We develop ESP and visual things unintentionally. They don't come too often, but when they do it is really shocking, because we are not normally used to things like this happening to us.

One time when I was going out to do my practice, a face suddenly appeared before me. Its behavior was like that of an rainbow. But it also became larger as I walked toward it, and it never change its angle. It eventually disappeared, but lasted at least 15 or 20 minutes. I tried to shake my eyes blinking etc. and it didn't go away.

Pak John told me about his trip to Borneo for his own training...alone, in the jungle, by himself! He said he took about six months of rice and seeds to grow vegetables. But the seeds didn't flair too well and he had to exist on the rice longer than he anticipated. But during his meditation he was given insight into the future and saw Russia breaking up and other events. He knew all about it when he returned home. He also saw his home being built with some funny things that happened during the building and his family was surprised how he knew what had happened.

He once told me about during the time he was visiting spirits how they would try and take his chi from him, as dead spirits don't have any. It was then I learned that our dan tein could be freed and moved around for specific reasons. He said that moving the dan tien to your back allows him to be hidden from spirits and they can't try and get energy from him.

Hope this has satisfied your curiosity somewhat. Jim

• Like 1

Well here's a video -- it shows some of the movements of the Level 1 active exercise. They're extremely simple. The main "active" exercise is the "moving of yin and yang" which is best done in horse stance... there's a video of people doing that online as well but they're not doing the practice so well.

Anyway you can see the lady in the above video doing the main active exercise at home to the video of Chunyi Lin doing the exercise.

But besides the active exercise the focus is on the small universe or microcosmic orbit which is practiced by a great c.d. for that...o.k. the "store" for http://springforestqigong.com is not active right now....

here it is as an hour c.d. from http://learningstrategies.com -- they have a guarantee money back return policy:

http://www.learningstrategies.com/qigong/SmallUniverse.asp

The half hour version is $11.

Edited by drew hempel

Fascinating and wonderful insights, Jim - thank you again, so much! Your words do share so much, and please know how I truly appreciate them even as I must stay curious and curiouser, until my own practice develops to the level of actual physical change, as I am concluding that these are states that the mind cannot know until they are experienced fully bodily. The distinction between concentration and meditation particularly interests me as it reminds me of the focus and dispersion patterns, respectively, that Dr. Effie Chow demonstrates in another video found on youtube.

I hope all stays well for you, Jim, in training and in the rest of your life! My only other question would be about whether you are married, and if so, how marriage may interact with the training. Thank you again; Andrew

Cool!

What did you want to attain back in 1990..and did you attain it?

What are you willing to help others with? The same goal?

Hello Scotty,

Not sure if I have spoken to you or not, but I have been inudated with emails to the point I have become almost ready to stop all Internet communication...just to catch up.

As to your question: I first started with the idea of nothing more than finding the man I saw in "Ring of Fire." You see, I had become tired of my martial arts/MMA classes I had been teaching for years and felt there was more I needed in life. When I saw Ring of Fire I knew this was my direction and sought to find the amazing man in it. But at first there was no clear idea I had other than the desperate need I felt to go find the man.

I then have come to a point wanting to become a healer and help people. No, I have not attained it yet, but am still working on it. There has been so many problems with the Mo Pai school that it has caused me to stall. However, things are looking better and I will go see my old teacher again for help and renew our relationship.

I have not stopped despite the problems that have been in place.

Many people have wanted to lean Mo Pai's nai gong and I am willing to help them learn. I am not prejudice or one of those clowns who try and keep this knowledge within closed doors. Rather, I continue to carry my teacher's original idea of allowing the West to learn this system.

Fascinating and wonderful insights, Jim - thank you again, so much! Your words do share so much, and please know how I truly appreciate them even as I must stay curious and curiouser, until my own practice develops to the level of actual physical change, as I am concluding that these are states that the mind cannot know until they are experienced fully bodily. The distinction between concentration and meditation particularly interests me as it reminds me of the focus and dispersion patterns, respectively, that Dr. Effie Chow demonstrates in another video found on youtube.

I hope all stays well for you, Jim, in training and in the rest of your life! My only other question would be about whether you are married, and if so, how marriage may interact with the training. Thank you again; Andrew

Sorry to have taken so long to reply...so many emails and family life, it takes so much time.

It is interesting that you mention Dr. Effie Chow. I had actually went up to Vancouver, Canada to see her for an appointment many years ago. I know that after that experience she had become very popular and important. I hadn't thought about her for many years. What is she doing now?

Yes, I am married to a younger woman (almost 20 years) with a son who is 12 now. For the first several years she had huge problems with my dedication and daily practice. She has since become accustomed to it and now expects me to train...what a turn around!

Jim

Thanks for your answer, Jim. It's great that you are willing to help people who want to learn, so thanks for that as well.

Thunderindo,

Thank You for Your concern. But You need not worry any longer. The 2000 year old secrets of the MoPai have been Common Knowledge for almost 2 years now. Its just a matter of time before they will be posted publicly on Forums like this.

Its out of Your hands now i guess :P