Sign in to follow this  
sean

Help: Gallery Crash Course

The Tao Bums Gallery: A Crash Course

First, up at the top right of the forum, click "My Controls"

My Controls

Now, to your left, find where it says "Invision Gallery" and click "Your Albums"

Your Albums

Now you will be taken to the Album Manager which will list any albums that you have created.

If you want to create an album, click "Create an Album" now

Create an Album

You will now see the Create Album screen. Type in a clever Album Name and Album Description, and make sure you check the box next to "Public" to make your Gallery viewable to other members.

Create an Album 2

Now you will want to upload images to your Album. Next to your Album name in the Album Manager, click the drop down in the "Controls" column that says "Select and Operation" and choose "Upload Image"

Upload Image

You will be taken to the "Post Image" page which looks like this

Post Image

Type in a caption for you photo, and an extended description in the box below if you'd like. At the bottom right, click "Browse" and navigate your local computer and find the image you'd like to upload. Remember, you can go back and edit this stuff later or even delete your post entirely so don't fret. :)

Once you're through click "Post Image".

If all goes well you will be taken back to your Album Manager.

You can now view the picture(s) you've uploaded a couple of ways.

1) In your Album Manager you can select "View" from the Controls dropdown across from the album you want to look inside:

View Album

2) You can click the "Gallery" link at the top of the forum, find your album in the list and click on it.

Gallery Link

Here's another good tip. If you want to include an image you've upload in the gallery into a regular post on the forum, first navigate to your image in the gallery. Next, right click on the image and scroll down to Properties (or whatever it is called in your browser).

Image Properties 1

Copy the full hyperlink next to the URL portion of the Properties window that pops up:

Image Properties 2

Now go to the post that you want to include this image in and click the "IMG" button in the "Code Buttons" section of a new topic or reply.

IMG pop up

Paste the URL you copied from the gallery pic into this window and hit OK.

If all has gone well when you post your message, the gallery image will appear in your post.

Ok, that's all for now. Please don't hesitate to discuss any questions you have, or problems you encounter in this thread.

Sean

My image was used in this example... I feel so famous at the moment...

4453[/snapback]

IS THAT YER PRIVVATE PART THAT ONE IN YER AVVATTAR???

IS THAT YER PRIVVATE PART THAT ONE IN YER AVVATTAR???

4592[/snapback]

Yes, that is my own private moon.

Sign in to follow this