Sign in to follow this  
Gareth_W

Nepalese "Buddha Boy"

Does anybody remember the story of the Nepalese "Buddha Boy".

Who was in a constant state of meditation for 10 months without food.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4824530.stm

Does anyone know or have any more recent news on what happened to this boy?

Do you think he really fasted for 10 months?

Or was it merely a way to generate income for the friends & family?

I got in an argument with someone that goes by the name "The Skeptic" about this kid yesterday. He called him a fraud because people can't go 3 days without water. I said whether he has been fasting all this time or not is not important, it's the hope that he gives people that is most important. Those are the first good pictures I've seen of him, all the other ones were about 3 years old. He looks like he is in great shape!

Scott,

Thanks for the link! Drew, the dude is in full lotus!

Your pal,

Yoda

Murder, violence, greed, anger and temptation has made the human world a desperate place. A terrible storm has descended upon the human world, and this is carrying the world towards destruction. There is only one way to save the world and that is through 'dharma" (spiritual practice.)

When one doesn't walk the righteous path of spiritual practice, this desperate world will surely be destroyed. Therefore, follow the path of spirituality and spread this message to your fellows. Never put obstacles, anger and disbelief in the way of my meditation's mission. I am only showing you the way; you must seek it on your own. What I will be, what I will do, the coming days will reveal. Human salvation, the salvation of all living beings, and peace in the world are my goal and my path.

"Namo Buddha sangaya, Namo Buddha sangaya, namo sangaya."

I am contemplating on the release of this chaotic world from the ocean of emotion, on our detachment from anger and temptation, without straying from the path for even a moment, I am renouncing my own attachment to my life and my home forever, I am working to save all living beings. But in this undisciplined world, my life's practice is reduced to mere entertainment.

The practice and devotion of many Buddhas is directed at the world's betterment and happiness. It is essential but very difficult to understand that practice and devotion. But though it is easy to lead this ignorant existence, human beings don't understand that one day we must leave this uncertain world and go with the Lord of Death.

Our long attachments with friends and family will dissolve into nothingness. We have to leave behind the wealth and property we have accumulated. What's the use of my happiness, when those who have loved me from the beginning, my mother, father, brothers, relatives are all unhappy. Therefore, to rescue all sentient beings, I have to be Buddha-mind, and emerge from my underground cave to do "vajra" meditation.

To do this I have to realize the right path and knowledge, so do not disturb my practice. My practice detaches me from my body, my soul and this existence.

In this situation there will be 72 goddess Kalis. Different gods will be present, along with the sounds of thunder and of "tangur ," and all the celestial gods and goddesses will be doing "puja" (worship.)

So until I have sent a message, do not come here, and please explain this to others.

Spread spiritual knowledge and spiritual messages throughout the world. Spread the message of world peace to all. Seek a righteous path and wisdom will be yours. [12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddha_Boy

Lin, do you know how I can go about learning Buddhist Qigong?

What kind of Qigong are you looking for of the Buddhist School?

To be honest, I don't know. My wingchun brother studies with a Taoist priest out in San Diego. He is the one that introduced me to cultivation. Anyway, I told him that I like Buddhism and know very little about Taoism, so when I moved, he told me to ask about Buddhist Qigong. Up until now I haven't asked about it, for some reason I just got the urge to ask you just now.

To be honest, I don't know. My wingchun brother studies with a Taoist priest out in San Diego. He is the one that introduced me to cultivation. Anyway, I told him that I like Buddhism and know very little about Taoism, so when I moved, he told me to ask about Buddhist Qigong. Up until now I haven't asked about it, for some reason I just got the urge to ask you just now.

Well, truthfully, the Buddha never taught Qigong as we know qigong today. What was taught was meditation, postures both mental and physical; mind investigation. Through those postures, your mind became free from afflictions and the body began to transform from a more heavier to a more lighter manifestation. It came with wisdom, patience and compassion and through that the lessening of karmic afflictions both enjoyable and not enjoyable.

There are standing, sitting, lying and walking cultivation to work with. Because the Buddha is not in the world right now, prerequisites for actual real Buddhist cultivation in the sense of attaining true and actual wisdom, which will get you your spiritual powers as you really attain wisdom, is taking refuge with the Triple Jewel.

Anything other than that is just outside practice and not real Buddhism. ^_^

One can go with what Damo taught, but to actually gain the fruit of that cultivation, all of your mind and heart must be focused on attaining the way, ending birth and death, and attaining enlightenment. This enlightenment is no where in the realm of what most people assume it is. :-)

There is a door.. but one must give up many many things to enter it ^_^

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

On March 19, a group of Bomjon's followers met with him about 2 miles (3 kilometers) southwest of his meditation site. They say they spoke to him for thirty minutes, during which Bomjan said "there is no peace here" and that he would return in six years, or roughly 2011 or 2012.

interesting that he mentioned 2012, coincidence? although it seems that he decided to stick around longer.

Edited by Desert Eagle

I got in an argument with someone that goes by the name "The Skeptic" about this kid yesterday. He called him a fraud because people can't go 3 days without water. I said whether he has been fasting all this time or not is not important, it's the hope that he gives people that is most important. Those are the first good pictures I've seen of him, all the other ones were about 3 years old. He looks like he is in great shape!

I went 7 days without food or fluid of any kind, followed by another 3 weeks of only fluids, and I felt great. Its well documented medically that you can. Just do a search on starvation protests. Its generally accepted that you can do this only they will list all the side affects like blindness... I don't think they have had many chances to study someone who is happy, healthy and un-stressed. I didnt have any side effects. I wouldn't do it again that way and don't recommend it as there are better ways to do what i was trying to do.

Seth.

Sat Chit Anand.

I went 7 days without food or fluid of any kind, followed by another 3 weeks of only fluids, and I felt great. Its well documented medically that you can. Just do a search on starvation protests. Its generally accepted that you can do this only they will list all the side affects like blindness... I don't think they have had many chances to study someone who is happy, healthy and un-stressed. I didnt have any side effects. I wouldn't do it again that way and don't recommend it as there are better ways to do what i was trying to do.

Seth.

Sat Chit Anand.

Yeah I read that the guiness record is 18 days without water. I read from Falun Gong that you can do Bigu for very long periods and that real cultivators of that path isolate themselves in caves (to avoid the attachement of food) which they seal themselves in using paranormal capabilities and that they use part of their energy to sustain their body.

in the news recently there was an indian guru who claimed to not take any food or water for years and lives on sunrays only and they found his kidneys still make urine and it collects in the bladder but then it is reabsorbed.

spiritual cultivation practice produces many things unexplained yet by scientific means.

Edited by Desert Eagle

interesting that he mentioned 2012, coincidence? although it seems that he decided to stick around longer.

Hmm I wouldn't jump to conclusions here as there's a lot of people talking about 2012 as the pivot point for the new age and the resurrection of the dharma. I personally think it would be folly to expect anything to happen. Having said that it is intriguing that an iconic symbol of power, greed and money, the world trade centre, was destroyed in 2001. Further the twin towers were also a symbol of duality which has been the process of enslavement used by the greed driven over thousands of years.

I figure a revitalisation of the dharma and enlightenment has been going on for several hundred years. I just think more and more people are going to work it all out and awaken. I mean when you consider the number of gateways available for rebirth at the current time it seems highly likely that a whole bunch of Bodhisattva's, Christs, Avatars and Gurus will be, and have already, started appearing. I figure most of them are pretty hidden and will remain so as their purpose is to channel the dharma through the mental plan so that the light of understanding becomes available to the whole of mankind. Some may teach but I figure in subtle ways.

At the causal level we share one mind and the coming into existence of the bridge of light, which is the cumulative expression of all those that have become enlightened, means that a gateway has been opened. I'm not sure what will happen but I think there is going to be a shift in conciousness and it can be argued that such a process is already under way. It might be termed the quickening and I first became aware of it in 1991. I don't think it's about moving towards the mental plan but more a case of perfecting all our bodies physically, emotionally and mentally. These three bodies together make up the Trikaya, or buddhic body, the body of enlightenment and bliss. This isn't to say that everybody is a realised being but simply means that we all have the potential to become enlightened and eventually we all will become enlightened.

Thanks patrick that seems likely but what else will be hapening during that time seeing how human problems are developing at present? not to mention the possibilities of a planetary event? would those problems cause such a situation that would necessitate the proliferation of so many prophets/buddhas/gurus?

sorry if we are off-topic :)

Edited by Desert Eagle

Sign in to follow this