Sign in to follow this  
rodgerj

Iron Skills

any specific reason why you quit the training? i've always been into iron vest type training after watching born invincible :lol:

eGSbzKUGRgc

Edited by mantis

rodgerj,

Here are my 2 cents worth on the topic as I personally do some iron robe through my school's system.

There are different mechanics to creating iron robe on the body/face/legs but to me doing so through the Taiji form/structure is the best method.

The mechanics of such a method primarily works on "song" or active relaxation to allow the energy received through any strike to connect and be sent down to the ground. When done in line with all the principles, you can do so in any posture even lying down.

Here is a video of the iron robe tests done in the school system.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I hope I don't offend anyone who practices other methods, but I consider them to be lesser paths as they only take you so far. The lesser methods I speak of use tensing of muscles to absorb blows and through conditioning toughens the body to take blows.

There are many disadvantages to that as it damages the body and by tensing your body when receiving blows, it raises your energetic centre and leads to bad rooting.

We've had many cases where people from other systems come round to the school to test the iron robe and we have accepted/welcomed these martial artists to test their "dim mak" or whatever strikes they feel like.

Most recently the melbourne school had a 4th Dan Karate black belt instructor to test the iron robe as he did not believe the clips. Andy (the sifu for that branch) accepted and after a loud "Kiai!"and a strike that bounced off the robe the person left. However, we're not sure why he didn't wish to try learning the system.

Another example was a Muay Thai fighter asking to test on Sifu Adam and he accepted on condition that he trains under him if he does not hurt him and was told to strike however he wished. The Muay thai fighter went for a low sweep to the knee but he broke his ankle.... a pity as he could not train after.

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

Mantis i see you like Bai Mei Priest are you a practitioner of Bai Mei Pai? :)

hahaha no, i just think he's a great villain! his "testicle vacuum" skill is hilarious too

Sign in to follow this