Stigweard

Passing the hat around for Gossamer

One of our fellow TaoBums, Gossamer, needs help.

As most of us will know he is afflicted by a malevolent person who is attacking him through his computer and also perhaps through black magic. Gossamer is also physically disadvantaged and is only recieving $600 per month on a pension.

Mak Tin Si, our resident Taoist priest, believes through his ceremonies, rituals, and fu that he can resolve Gossamer's ills once and for all. But due to the rules of his temple he insists that the relevant donations are paid to perform this service. These donations include:

Admittence into lineage: $90

Curing black magic ceremony: $120

Distance ceremony: $100

Total donation required: CAD$310.00

Gossamer claims, and I believe him, that he cannot afford this. And I can totally understand the reaction of his dismay and frustration. I too have been in the pits of financial despair before with little in the way of opportunities to get out. And when someone says, "I can help you out of this but you have to pay", it almost enough to make you want to scream and want to tear someone apart.

I also respect Mak Tin Si's position that his tradition binds him to his course.

A suggested solution my fellow bums is this:

In coordination with Sean, our noble forum moderator :D, if at least 30 of us each donate $10.00 to TaoBums by using the "Support the Tao Bums" button at the bottom of your screen then Sean can donate the required lump sum to Mak Tin Si.

And in return we will have ourselves a living Taoist experience to be a part of. I am quite sure both Mak Tin Si and Gossamer will by happy to share with us the details of the event. Perhaps Mak Tin Si, if the integrity of your service and tradition allows it, you could video your ceremony etc. and share it with us TaoBums via YouTube.

So the first thing we need is for the OK from Sean that all donations from the "Go" date, up until the required amount is reached, is set aside for Gossamer. Sean can post us regularly in this thread letting us know where we are up to and we keep going until we have achieved our goal.

So out with the credit cards ladies and gentlemen. Click on the Support the Tao Bums, and let us put our money where our mouths are by showing some genuine Taoist virtue and charity.

:D

NOTE: Remember to wait till we get Sean's OK so we keep it coordinated.

Edited by Stigweard

i'll donate, but it will have to be less than $10 for me, but i guess that can still be work because we are much more than 30 here

Edited by froggie

i'll donate, but it will have to be less than $10 for me, but i guess that can still be work because we are much more than 30 here

Good for you Froggie. Let me know what you can donate and I will make up the difference.

Excellent!

So come on then ... who's next to register their commitment?

I'll donate towards a healing from Mak if it's a money back guarantee..if not then ANYTHING else BUT Mak..unless Goss really wants the help from Mak

No. Mak can do the right thing because it is the right thing or he can suffer the repercussions in this or his next life.

Good luck Gossamer! If it helps I have done my part in healing your problems :)

I'll donate towards a healing from Mak if it's a money back guarantee..if not then ANYTHING else BUT Mak..unless Goss really wants the help from Mak

How about this then. If you donate and Gossamer doesn't get acceptable results I will personally refund your money. Under these conditions are you willing to commit $10 to the venture?

No. Mak can do the right thing because it is the right thing or he can suffer the repercussions in this or his next life.

Good luck Gossamer! If it helps I have done my part in healing your problems :)

I respect your decision and your point of view.

How about this then. If you donate and Gossamer doesn't get acceptable results I will personally refund your money. Under these conditions are you willing to commit $10 to the venture?

I respect your decision and your point of view.

Lol, it was just a point Stig, I'm fine with whatever. :)

Actually, seeing that the figure is CAD$310 and the donations will be in USD the converted figure based on current currency rates is USD$255. It gets easier and easier.

So we have:

Stigweard $20

Froggie $10 (I will make up the difference up to $10)

MPWay is down for $10 because I have promised to refund his money if it doesn't work :P

Total: USD$40

USD$215 to go ... YAY! Go team!

Actually, seeing that the figure is CAD$310 and the donations will be in USD the converted figure based on current currency rates is USD$255. It gets easier and easier.

So we have:

Stigweard $20

MPWay is down for $10 because I have promised to refund his money if it doesn't work :P

Total: USD$40

USD$215 to go ... YAY! Go team!

Will give 10$ (waiting for Sean's okay to actually give it as per first post).

Good luck Gossamer!

I am happy to help with 10 - 20 usd.

Please let me know the details.

I will be in travel now, and may not respond to posts and email right away.

Much love.....

please listen to what i have to say. i don't think there should be any decisions made too quickly. not until you have heard more than a couple views.

it's been said many times by many legendary taoists that you can achieve things through non-doing.

gossamer could be relieved from his problems by simply emptying his mind. what should his possesions and his money matter to him? you can achieve happiness without any of these things. and even if he is being oppressed by 'black magic' he can easily defend himself. he just needs to find the strength that is already inside of him. he doesn't need some pricey ritual from a sketchy religious priest.

to quote Chuang Tzu:

"Hold on to all that you have received from Heaven but do not think you have gotten anything. Be empty, that is all. The Perfect Man uses his mind like a mirror - going after nothing, welcoming nothing, responding but not storing. Therefore he can win out over things and not hurt himself."

gossamer, please don't give yourself up to Mak. what you need is already inside of you.

Awesome!!!!

Stigweard $20

MPWay $5

zanshin $10

dao zhen $20

rodgerj $20

Total: USD$85

USD$170 to go ... :D

please listen to what i have to say. i don't think there should be any decisions made too quickly. not until you have heard more than a couple views.

it's been said many times by many legendary taoists that you can achieve things through non-doing.

gossamer could be relieved from his problems by simply emptying his mind. what should his possesions and his money matter to him? you can achieve happiness without any of these things. and even if he is being oppressed by 'black magic' he can easily defend himself. he just needs to find the strength that is already inside of him. he doesn't need some pricey ritual from a sketchy religious priest.

to quote Chuang Tzu:

"Hold on to all that you have received from Heaven but do not think you have gotten anything. Be empty, that is all. The Perfect Man uses his mind like a mirror - going after nothing, welcoming nothing, responding but not storing. Therefore he can win out over things and not hurt himself."

gossamer, please don't give yourself up to Mak. what you need is already inside of you.

You are a bit off on the subject. You dont just think of happy thoughts and make stuff like that go away

How about confirming with Mak Tin Si first if this is acceptable. It may not be just about money but about a person being ready with his heart... and his finances. I will donate if this kind of thing is appropriate.

I'm in for 10USD.

The guy needs help and I need to see him helped. If Mak is engaged to help and Gossamer is willing to accept, then I'm good for ten USD. Put me in.

Kate

Mak Tin-si declined (he'd be called a fraud, running from opportunity to prove he's the real thing).
Actually, if it was me, I would decline, but depending on the energy of a person, the treatment could be free. It's a matter of tradition, and not a matter of money. The fee has to come from a ready student. If the student is not ready for whatever reason, then they are not ready. :)

Hey David,

Is that YOU?

Did you per chance change your ID here again?

G.

I was asking this to "WHITE MOON", not YOU Scotty.

Edited by gossamer

I have had personal confirmation from Mak Tin Si that he is in favour of this process if Gossamer is still wanting his help and I have been given clear indication from Gossamer that he is still open to recieving this assistence.

With that said....

Stigweard $20

MPWay $5

zanshin $10

dao zhen $20

rodgerj $20

Kate $10

Lostmonk $10

Total: USD$105 .... Yay!!!! Over $100 :D

USD$150 to go ... :D

Thank you to the above folks for your quick support. Blessings to you.

Edited by Stigweard